Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knott/Cordia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anybody got any info on the Knott vs. Cordia game? KHSAA shows that Cordia won the game. Just curious if anybody has stats or recap. Seems like a huge upset.
(01-21-2021, 01:38 AM)Booger Branch Bandit Wrote: [ -> ]Anybody got any info on the Knott vs. Cordia game? KHSAA shows that Cordia won the game. Just curious if anybody has stats or recap. Seems like a huge upset.
Knott won 65-57
That sounds more like it. I went back and checked KHSAA and I must have just misread the score the first time. Did the new kid play for Cordia?
Yes, the new kid, 8th grader ranked highly in the nation, yep, he’s eligible. And a dandy. Knott’s whole team was missing shots they normally make and seemed like Cordia couldn’t miss. 
The Knott/Cordia matchup is a lot like the Hazard/Perry matchup. Tough, in county with lots of emotions. You can throw anything Cordia has done out the window when it comes to playing Knott. Always been that way. Well, since the Rhodes era. Knott pulled out the win though, even having an off night. Shepherd boy left game early with ankle turned over. McGuire and Napier found enough to pull them out. Damron back but a little gun shy right now. Cordia looked more in control than I have seen in a long time. This region is wide open really.
Who is the "new kid"?   What's his name?
The only 8th grader I see listed on the KHSAA Cordia page is named Greg Brooks.