Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville 27 - South Floyd 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Congrats Paintsville on the win. Were they mainly a ground and pound team or did they attempt to get the ball in the air tonight?
Congrats Tigers!
Congrats Tigers!
BOTH. Had a couple dropped passes should have went for big plays. But, no matter what got the win. Congrats Tigers!!! Time to get ready for the Rebels one now!!!!
Congrats Paintsville
A lil closer than expected! Should be a good game with Ac
I thought I would puke!!!
Paintsville must have had 30 penalties and just about every one was a good call.
They even got flagged for delay of game because the punt pass and kick competition during halftime took too long!
I bet they had at least 10 personal foul or unsportsmanlike penalties!
Worst display of disciplin I have ever seen from a team and let the blame fall where it should!
Donnie, once again had a gameplan and nearly pulled this one off!
The Tigers scored late to put the game out of reach!
The only bright spot was that Paintsville finally found someone to kick PAT's and that was freshman Allyson Salyer!
Yes.... a girl.......Sat on the sideline for three hours when she was told to go in, and she nailed it!
Congrats to that young lady on making her first career attempt. Getting a delay of game penalty because of a punt, pass, and kick competition is hilarious. South Floyd has played the Tigers close the past couple of seasons so I didn't expect this one to be a blow out for either team and knew it would be a ball buster.
GRIZZ Wrote:Congrats to that young lady on making her first career attempt. Getting a delay of game penalty because of a punt, pass, and kick competition is hilarious. South Floyd has played the Tigers close the past couple of seasons so I didn't expect this one to be a blow out for either team and knew it would be a ball buster.
JD had at least 25 tackles!!! Another bright spot!
After the next two weeks Paintsville has 6 pretty tough games in a row. Next week won't be a cake walk either. Let's just hope they can cut back on the penalties, limit their offensive miscues, and continue to build on what they have accomplished so far.
they look good
Paintsville is declining in there program and they are doing it FAST! But a Win is a Win is a Win. Congrats Tigers!
I herd this game on the radio last nite. Sounded like a good game.
Congrats to Paintsville!!!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Paintsville is declining in there program and they are doing it FAST! But a Win is a Win is a Win. Congrats Tigers!

i agree with you it has went down alot in the past few years but good job paintsville
Congrats Paintsville
The Guru Wrote:I thought I would puke!!!
Paintsville must have had 30 penalties and just about every one was a good call.
They even got flagged for delay of game because the punt pass and kick competition during halftime took too long!
Worst display of disciplin I have ever seen from a team and let the blame fall where it should!
The only bright spot was that Paintsville finally found someone to kick PAT's and that was freshman Allyson Salyer!
Yes.... a girl.......Sat on the sideline for three hours when she was told to go in, and she nailed it!

South Floyd's best defense is their constant running game - grinding it out on offense. Donnie is great at teaching his team ball control and it nearly worked. Listened to the game on the radio and thought the Raiders did a good job.

You're right - there were a ton of penalities and the game was sloppy. Looks as if Paintsville will finish no worse than 2nd in the district barring some kind of meltdown. Also, looks as if South Floyd's game with Allen Central may decide the 3rd/4th place seed in the district.
nice win for the Tigers
Why did they allow the player that threw his helment back in that football game? It must be OK to disgrace your team in the first have but it's ok to come back out and play in the second half........that's crazy.
Care to refer to what team the player who supposidly threw his helmet was from?
Paintsville
Congrats to SF on a pretty good game. Not what I expected from Paintsville.
The Raiders came to Paintsville to play football. Unlike a lot of people thought. The tigers thought the Raiders were going to lay down and take a beating instead they played a hell of a game and a few Tigers got PO so they got the penalties. I cannot figure it out either, I thought once a ref made the motion of "you are out of here" and a player is sent to the locker room that he would not be allowed back into the game, but the player came back in the 4th. Can someone explain that to me? It was a very exciting game.
Congrats P'ville
Nascar99 Wrote:The Raiders came to Paintsville to play football. Unlike a lot of people thought. The tigers thought the Raiders were going to lay down and take a beating instead they played a hell of a game and a few Tigers got PO so they got the penalties. I cannot figure it out either, I thought once a ref made the motion of "you are out of here" and a player is sent to the locker room that he would not be allowed back into the game, but the player came back in the 4th. Can someone explain that to me? It was a very exciting game.

That was my earlier question. I was told the Paintsville Coach threw the kid out.....made nice...and allowed him back in the second half. The kid threw a football helment and clearly couldn't be controlled by his coaches. Now every player on that team probably thinks it's ok to get in real trouble the first half because they'll get to play the second half. What about the embarassment to the school?
I'm sure not everyone will think that. You know how it is, every school has got a head case. If he threw his helmet on the sidelines thats no reason to sit him out the rest of the game, just get him bear crawling the length of the field a couple of times on Monday for punishment or have him run 30 minutes of gassers after practice. The only way I would see it as an embarrassment to the school was if he pulled a Kyle Turley and slung a helmet 20-30 yards after a play.
The Guru Wrote:I thought I would puke!!!

I am glad that you cleared it up, about the penalities.
I talked to a friend of mine; whose son playes for Paintsville and he blamed it all on the Ref's claiming that one of them was holding a grudge against Paintsville.
Glad his view of the game wasn't correct.
GRIZZ Wrote:I'm sure not everyone will think that. You know how it is, every school has got a head case. If he threw his helmet on the sidelines thats no reason to sit him out the rest of the game, just get him bear crawling the length of the field a couple of times on Monday for punishment or have him run 30 minutes of gassers after practice. The only way I would see it as an embarrassment to the school was if he pulled a Kyle Turley and slung a helmet 20-30 yards after a play.
The "Big" kid in question, got flagged for a call....he got mad and started to the sideline, he was about 20 yards from the sidelines when he started screaming and took his helmet off and (I mean slung) his helmet to the ground so hard that it could have broken it. He then walked off the field while others had to pick his helmet and everything that flew off of it up off the field. He was then flagged for unsportsmanlike. I was told that he screamed the big F-U bomb at his head coach and then was sent to the locker room.
Why he was let back into the game is beyond me, but I guess that it is what has led to this teams lack of disciplin.
WOW...I had no idea, kinda speechless about the whole thing.