Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: New Coaches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Are any schools getting new coaches? I heard Lawrence County is. Their coach moved out of the area. Tough loss as they were moving in a good direction. Any news on where the old coach went or who the new coach will be? :confused:
Shelby Valleys coach left too! Johnnie Alvins the new softball coach.
Alvin will do a great job, he knows most of the girls already through assistant coaching and they all know what he expects out of them. Can't wait to see how good he does.
i think he will do a good job as well...i am also looking forward to the upcoming season as well...
coach delvalle left for greenup county and erin evans former girls basketball coach is the new softball coach at lawrence county.the players are the same.
I think (about 100% sure) that Magoffin County is getting a new Head Coach.

But I haven't any idea on who it might be. But they do have a whole list of qualifed employees to chose from. There are some great softball players working for the school system.
should make for an interesting year, huh?
flamethrower Wrote:coach delvalle left for greenup county and erin evans former girls basketball coach is the new softball coach at lawrence county.the players are the same.
Did delvalle leave to coach for greenup? has evans ever coached softball before? the team should be even better this year as the players are more experienced. :Clap:
sportspectator Wrote:Did delvalle leave to coach for greenup? has evans ever coached softball before? the team should be even better this year as the players are more experienced. :Clap:
delvalle is teaching spanish at gchs.evans is new to softball.this team should be a regional contender.they have three varsity pitchers that throw in the high 50's,and a very experienced infield and outfield.senior pitcher kelsey caudill and senior center fielder rebecca stansberry are division 1 prospects.lchs already has put one player in d1 with schaeffer going to eku.
sounds like gchs will have a good season!!
shelby valley is gettin a new coach? wow...
Does anyone have any idea what is going in Johnson County? I heard that 2 of the 3 coaches resigned????
Congratulations to Coach Alvin. The Valley will miss Napier along with Fleming and Hall but, look for this team to still be in the running for the regional title.
Pickle-princess Wrote:Does anyone have any idea what is going in Johnson County? I heard that 2 of the 3 coaches resigned????
Everyone is going around saying that one of Johnson Centrals BOARD MEMBER STATED that if something wasn't done with McCool that he was taking his daughter out of that school system and stepping down and going to Paintsville. I think it is a shame that someone would do that just because his daughter didnt get alot of playing time. Just think how that child is going to feel when this all gets out .A lot of parents think the world of McCool She has led that team to where its at. When she left that team that took the link that held them together.This is directed to the board !!! YOU COULD OF FOUND ANY ONE THAT COULD AND WOULD OF SIT IN HIS SEAT , BUT YOU WILL NEVER FIND ANOTHER CAOACH LIKE McCOOL.Some of the girls that she keep on that team over the past 5 years didnt belong on a softball field, they were cheerleading material, but she had a big heart and keep 30 some girls at a time, when she needed to keep only the ones that was going to pull their weight on the team. Most people say just play for the fun , but we all know thats not the way it is . Those girls want to WIN not worry about putting someone in that cant play just to give them playing time...THIS WAS A VERY BAD MISTAKE YOU SHOULD OF LET HIM STEP DOWNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eagle4Life Wrote:Everyone is going around saying that one of Johnson Centrals BOARD MEMBER STATED that if something wasn't done with McCool that he was taking his daughter out of that school system and stepping down and going to Paintsville. I think it is a shame that someone would do that just because his daughter didnt get alot of playing time. Just think how that child is going to feel when this all gets out .A lot of parents think the world of McCool She has led that team to where its at. When she left that team that took the link that held them together.This is directed to the board !!! YOU COULD OF FOUND ANY ONE THAT COULD AND WOULD OF SIT IN HIS SEAT , BUT YOU WILL NEVER FIND ANOTHER CAOACH LIKE McCOOL.Some of the girls that she keep on that team over the past 5 years didnt belong on a softball field, they were cheerleading material, but she had a big heart and keep 30 some girls at a time, when she needed to keep only the ones that was going to pull their weight on the team. Most people say just play for the fun , but we all know thats not the way it is . Those girls want to WIN not worry about putting someone in that cant play just to give them playing time...THIS WAS A VERY BAD MISTAKE YOU SHOULD OF LET HIM STEP DOWNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very good post!!! I am sure that Coach McCool has made mistakes in the past and we all live and learn by them, but I think that if this is true then who are they going to get in there. Are they just looking for someone to play who the board wants them to play. If so, then I look for a very short season. Most of the girls on this team have played together forever and they are looking to win. It takes a lot of time to coach a sport and if you look at how much time McCool and her coaching staff put in you are looking at about ten cents per hour.

Does anyone know who they have in mind?
Coach Mccool is one of the best softball coaches in Ky let alone the 15th region.I have been involved with fastpitch softball for many years from little league to major college and even some pro fastpitch. Coach Mccool and her program from my vantage point was a very solid program.Putting together a top notch program is very labor intensive for the coach.
Thats the problem, everyone going around saying that stuff, starting rumors. Before this season ever started, McCool was already saying that the 2007 season would be her last, its not like she was just forced out the door.Rolleyes
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Thats the problem, everyone going around saying that stuff, starting rumors. Before this season ever started, McCool was already saying that the 2007 season would be her last, its not like she was just forced out the door.Rolleyes

Maybe you should ask McCool, she may have not been forced out, but it sure wasn't because she wanted to go. What would you say, she was asked nicely to stop doing something that she has given much of her time freely. She wasn't exactly given a choice. Sounds like a forced out to me!!!
All I'm saying, like I said earlier, is that during the spring this year, i heard it straight from her mouth that this would be her last season at JCHS. If it was a so-called "forced out" as you say, why was she planning a season ahead that she was leaving? Awful gracious of the administration to give her a years heads-up that she was getting forced to leave.Smile
valley got a steal with alvin. I was actually hoping he would end up taking coach morgans job at ER whenever she retires.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:All I'm saying, like I said earlier, is that during the spring this year, i heard it straight from her mouth that this would be her last season at JCHS. If it was a so-called "forced out" as you say, why was she planning a season ahead that she was leaving? Awful gracious of the administration to give her a years heads-up that she was getting forced to leave.Smile

I too spoke with McCool and she may have been talking about it being her last season, but she wasn't ready to give it up. It is just the way things were handled. She is a really good person and she just shouldn't have been treated this way.

But, I will not argue with you. As you seem to know much more about the situation than I do.

I just hope that the new coach, whomever it may be is ready for a great softball season. The girls on this team are wonderful athletes.
I agree completely. She did a really good job with her teams. Really turned softball into a major sport at JCHS, where at alot of schools, its still sorta on the sideburner. Believe me, I far from know the whole situation, I just know of what she spoke of back in the spring. I do know already who I would like to see get the job, if his name stays in the mix.:thumpsup:
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:valley got a steal with alvin. I was actually hoping he would end up taking coach morgans job at ER whenever she retires.

i am sure glad that we got him. he is a top notch guy all around. i wish him and the girls the best of luck this upcoming season. i know the girls are very anxious to get things started.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:I agree completely. She did a really good job with her teams. Really turned softball into a major sport at JCHS, where at alot of schools, its still sorta on the sideburner. Believe me, I far from know the whole situation, I just know of what she spoke of back in the spring. I do know already who I would like to see get the job, if his name stays in the mix.:thumpsup:

I would like to know who is in the running for the job...I have heard a couple of names, but hopefully they aren't who get's chosen.
All i have heard is 2 different names so far. Whether they are under serious consideration or not, I not sure. I bet they are prob the same 2 you have heard. If so, one of those i think would be a great choice, in my opinion. And to maybe clarify the one i would like, he does have a young girl that will soon be in the h.s. system.Wink

ps...PM's are cool with me. Big Grin
Does anyone have any updates to report about the coaching situation for JCHS???
Pickle-princess Wrote:Does anyone have any updates to report about the coaching situation for JCHS???

So, has anyone heard any names??? I had a few names but, was afraid to post!!!
Pickle-princess Wrote:Does anyone have any updates to report about the coaching situation for JCHS???
They need to get the assistant at Lawrence.He has those girls motivated.I think his daughter plays for a D1 school.
I don't think the asst from Lawrence would leave. He's committed to making LC the best team in the district. He would be a great choice, but I think LC will keep him! :Thumbs:
Like sands thru the hourglass..... and as for McCool keeping 30... Matney keeps well over that and it's applauded.... I hate to hear this about McCool. She did great things with that program... I guess it's another deal where no good deed goes unpunished.
Pages: 1 2 3