Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: That 80's Music
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Come on guys and gals lets hear it what is your most missed band. One hit wonders and such.

Well I will start it off

Cinderella Gypsy Road
Golden Earring-Radar Love
Autograph-Turn Up the radio
Loudness- Crazy Nights
Ratt- Round and Round
Cinderella- Nobodys fool
Dokken
Extreme
Vixen
Ronnie James Dio
Bon Jovi
Mr Big
Scorpions
Quiet Riot
Wasp
Tesla
Warrant

and the list goes on. I was a child of the 80's.Big Grin
if you're asking about one hit wonders, then Quiet Riot. If you're asking about 80's bands in general; Poison, Def Leppard, Van Halen.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:if you're asking about one hit wonders, then Quiet Riot. If you're asking about 80's bands in general; Poison, Def Leppard, Van Halen.

Metal Health
Mama were all crazy now
The wild and the young
Slick Black Cadillac
Condition Critical
Scream and Shout

A #1 album and a top 5 single was unheard of for a heavy metal band in 1983. The Metal Health album also displaced The Police's Synchronicity album from #1. Metal Health paved the way for a new, stronger commercial viability for heavy metal

Courtesy of Wikipedia
now here's a man who knows his music. Gotta add J Geils Band, The Cars, April Wine (Just between you and me-great song), The Firm, Billy Squier, etc..
Midee1 Wrote:Autograph-Turn Up the radio
Loudness- Crazy Nights
Ratt- Round and Round
Cinderella- Nobodys fool
Dokken
Extreme
Vixen
Ronnie James Dio
Bon Jovi
Mr Big
Scorpions
Quiet Riot
Wasp
Tesla
Warrant

TidesHoss32 Wrote:now here's a man who knows his music. Gotta add J Geils Band, The Cars, April Wine (Just between you and me-great song), The Firm, Billy Squier, etc..

OMG... you all SOOOOOOO covered it!!! LOL.... I actually got my younger one listening to KISS, ACDC, and He loves the songs Lunatic Fringe and Sister Christian.... I LOVE 80's music!!!!
Wham(Just kiddin)
Til Tuesday-Voices Carry
The best album and rock song of the 80s came out in 1980. (For a clue, look at my avatar)
Midee1 Wrote:Autograph-Turn Up the radio
Loudness- Crazy Nights
Ratt- Round and Round
Cinderella- Nobodys fool
Dokken
Extreme
Vixen
Ronnie James Dio
Bon Jovi
Mr Big
Scorpions
Quiet Riot
Wasp
Tesla
Warrant

That's a pretty good list of 80's hair bands, Midee. I would also add Poison, Skid Row, and Slaughter (remember Up All Night?).

My overall favorite bands from the 80's were:

1) Metallica - greatest rock band EVER
2) Guns N Roses - greatest album ever (Appetite)
3) Van Halen
4) AC/DC
5) Ozzy Ozborne

Others: Anthrax, Judas Priest, Aerosmith, Rush, Motley Crue
how are we forgetting Whitesnake, Great White, Krokus, Bullet Boys, and Lita Ford was HOT.......well I know what I'll be thinking about all day today, the 80s bands, lol..Im not a big U2 fan, but the Joshua cd was pretty good..
Cinderalla And Guns N Roses.
Don't forget Lizzy Borden, LA Guns, Britny Fox, Badlands, Great White, Trixter and Iron Maiden.

But, if you're talking all 80s you have to list, Springsteen, Eddie Money, Huey Lewis and the News, Journey, John Cougar and Rick Springfield.
More Cowbell Wrote:That's a pretty good list of 80's hair bands, Midee. I would also add Poison, Skid Row, and Slaughter (remember Up All Night?).

3) Van Halen
4) AC/DC
5) Ozzy Ozborne

You said it man :rockon:
No one has mentioned Men At Work............... Who can it be now? Who can it! Who can it!
It's hard to miss some of it that's still goin' - ZZ, INXS, Thorogood
But I do miss The Cars, early Prince & his off-shoots (like Ap 6, The Family, Morris Day), Bananarama
song I miss most is Donnie Iris' "Love Is Like A Rock"
TidesHoss32 Wrote:how are we forgetting Whitesnake, Great White, Krokus, Bullet Boys, and Lita Ford was HOT.......well I know what I'll be thinking about all day today, the 80s bands, lol..Im not a big U2 fan, but the Joshua cd was pretty good..

You're right, Hoss, Lita Ford was hot!!!

You just made me remember that video for "Kiss Me Deadly"! Mmmm... Big Grin
More Cowbell Wrote:That's a pretty good list of 80's hair bands, Midee. I would also add Poison, Skid Row, and Slaughter (remember Up All Night?).

3) Van Halen
4) AC/DC
5) Ozzy Ozborne

Great list. Even though I may have just heard the ladder par tof the 80', I know my roots in rock. Your picks are spot on.