Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The Most Charismatic Frontman in Rock History !!! ??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who do you think is the most charismatic frontman/ performer in rock history???  I'm looking for the person who  commanded an audience like no other, truly had them in the palm of his hands , spellbound , mesmerized.

For me this is an easy call. There have been a lot of great charismatic performers throughout the history of rock but I've never seen one that commanded his audience like the man born Farrokh Bulsara in  Stone Town , Zanzibar .  He came to be known as the one and only... FREDDIE MERCURY !!!  Watch this performance from at Live Aid from Wembley.

This one for me is Freddie Mercury, and it’s not even close. I didn’t always love all of Queen’s songs, but you could never take your eyes off of Freddy no matter what. Steven Tyler would probably be my runner-up just off the top of my head. And Diamond Dave from the early Van Halen days, couldn’t really sing, but could really drink a lot and still be really athletic on stage.
I would place Anthony Kiedis of the Red Hot Chili Peppers near the top of that list ! Thoughts ?
He wouldn’t be my absolute top, but that’s a good pick that gets overlooked somewhat. I thought they were great live, probably underrated as a band.
Axl Rose