Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Beechwood 35 West Carter 34 (2A Semifinals)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Olive Hill

Beechwood lead 21-0 at one point and then West Carter scored 27 unanswered to take the lead late. Beechwood scored the final touchdown of the game with around 3 mins left and ended up stopping the Comets on 4th and long to seal the win.

Congrats Tigers.... great season and great effort by the Comets! Great game!
What a game and what a year for the Comets!
Heartbreaking loss. I think WC was down 20-0 and mounted an amazing comeback just to fall short. Beechwood QB was just phenomenal.
(12-12-2020, 12:22 AM)2000PHS Wrote: [ -> ]Heartbreaking loss. I think WC was down 20-0 and mounted an amazing comeback just to fall short. Beechwood QB was just phenomenal.

He's unbelievable!
Congratulations to Beechwood. West Carter has nothing to hang their heads about. They done things their school has never done. West Carter Beat Russell on their 28th try and they went toe to toe with a very good Beechwood team in the State Semi-Finals. This is the best team in West Carter history by far.
Congrats to Beechwood! Hate it for WC though. They’ve had a heck of a season. Been pulling for them since the Paintsville game! Great season Comets! Your program should be proud!!
Congratulations Beechwood bring home another title
It’s great to see a school like West Carter have a season like that. I hate that they came up a little short but they gave Beechwood everything they could handle. That school and community should be very proud!
Congrats Beechwood but was really pulling for WC. Wanted to see those guys play at Kroger field.
Despite all the predicted blow out scores, the boys from West Carter took this game down to the wire. Two great teams played tonight and it was a thriller to watch!
Hergott will more than likely be Mr. Football but Leetavious Cline has to be runner up. He was an absolute load tonight!
Congrats to Beechwood.  I thought they would blow West Carter out, but that was not the case.  West Carter had an amazing season and just came up short.
Congratulations Beechwood on your win. Good luck going forward.
Congratulations West Carter on your game.

This sounded like the best game of the night. Both teams have to be proud!!
Its embarrassing the Cline has no D1 offers
(12-12-2020, 08:53 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations Beechwood on your win.  Good luck going forward.
Congratulations West Carter on your game.

This sounded like the best game of the night.  Both teams have to be proud!!
As a comet fan, I was very blessed with getting to watch the Russell and Beechwood games. Have to be 2 of the top games played in the state this season, if not the two best.
Congrats to Beechwood on the win. Congrats to Comets on a memorable season.
(12-12-2020, 03:17 AM)WestCarterComet Wrote: [ -> ]Despite all the predicted blow out scores, the boys from West Carter took this game down to the wire. Two great teams played tonight and it was a thriller to watch!
I’ve just felt like many underestimated this Comet team because of the Paintsville game. Watching that game in person I knew what kind of team WC had this year. They showed too many flashes of tremendous talent during that one. I Would have loved to had seen them start this game off a little quicker. Great season WC! They did not go into this one worried about the history of their opponent, found themselves in a dog fight and took it down to the wire!
What a amazing game, to me this game will go down has one of the best games ever. I hope West can Maintain this success year in and year out.
(12-12-2020, 10:45 AM)Coupon21 Wrote: [ -> ]Its embarrassing the Cline has no D1 offers
I might be mistaken, but to my knowledge,  neither does Hergott.

Really hard to fathom.
Congrats Beechwood, good luck next week.
West Carter had a great year and a TOUGH run game. Beechwood has to get better defensively between the tackles if they want to make the LCA game competitive .
(12-12-2020, 03:30 PM)Gitback Coach Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-12-2020, 10:45 AM)Coupon21 Wrote: [ -> ]Its embarrassing the Cline has no D1 offers
I might be mistaken, but to my knowledge,  neither does Hergott.

Really hard to fathom.
I don't know these kids situations, but any more from my understanding you have to aggravate these coaches to death with game film, emails, DMs, and text messages. They get hundreds to thousands of recruits sending them stuff daily and/or weekly, so you have to be on top of your game with the film, phone calls, emails, and messages to have a chance at getting noticed most of the time.

Luckily for Hergott, he'll have the opportunity to play in front of a lot of recruiters and college coaches next week at Kroger Field.
This game was just like the LCA/Somerset game, and sadly the two comebacks lost by a TD late in the 4th. 2 things about this game. One Beechwood has everything to beat LCA, and 2 West Carter is way better then some gave credit including me. I guess after Belfry, JC, Pikeville,Somerset lost which we knew Somerset LCA was 50/50 chance we need to stop saying they always win, or they are Belfry etc. I guess we need to start realizing that a name of your team doesn't guarantee anything, the players that play that season does. Saying they been there before. No, that years team was there not this years team. 2020 team isn't 2008s team. I hated to see above said teams lose. I'm all mountain team supporter, but feel the tides are about to change, and new school are about to start taking over the rankings. Is n the 90s you wanted to play Boyle at home coming, but not Lincoln, or Clay. Just a oppoinion.
What a crazy game! Beechwood has such history! It's kind of a shame West Carter couldn't have pulled out the win! Great game!