Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Owensboro 28 Frederick Douglass 27 (5A Semifinal)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.
Excellent game to watch online. Congrats to Owensboro!
I misses this one!
Same score as two years ago when Douglass lost to Scott Co. by the same score of 28-27. These two very well meet up in the playoffs next season as well as both teams return a lot of very good players.

Feel bad for the Douglass place kicker he missed a extra point and then the game winning FG it was well within his range. Tough loss congrats to Owensboro. These two may very well meet up again next year as both teams have a lot of talent coming back.
I was surprised by this score. Congrats to Owensboro. I hope they can get the job done next week against Bowling Green.
Congrats to Owensboro. Freddie Doug is the flagship for Fayette County football. Ball will bounce their way at some point.
Congrats to Owensboro, great win. I called this one. It was one of the few I got right this past evening, Lol.
With ALL the DI signees and commit plus the " Down Low" recruiting they do and still can't get over the hump? Well back to the 'down low" recruiting trail.
(12-14-2020, 11:38 AM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote: [ -> ]With ALL the DI signees and commit plus the " Down Low" recruiting they do and still can't get over the hump? Well back to the 'down low" recruiting trail.

Nobody is feeling sorry for them, I can assure you that. I have seen the funniest stuff people are putting on twitter about there so called recruiting its some funny stuff.
(12-14-2020, 12:10 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-14-2020, 11:38 AM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote: [ -> ]With ALL the DI signees and commit plus the " Down Low" recruiting they do and still can't get over the hump? Well back to the 'down low" recruiting trail.

Nobody is feeling sorry for them, I can assure you that. I have seen the funniest stuff people are putting on twitter about there so called recruiting its some funny stuff.
So do you think the "so called" or I call it "on down low" recruiting doesn't exist?
Who have they recruited?
(12-14-2020, 12:17 PM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-14-2020, 12:10 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote: [ -> ]

So do you think the "so called" or I call it "on down low" recruiting doesn't exist?

Oh it exist, and the people in the Lexington area knows it does, but most in and around there program are just going to say its so called.
(12-14-2020, 12:21 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Who have they recruited?

They bring in a new QB every year. The new one they got from Washington.
(12-14-2020, 12:59 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: [ -> ]

QB's from out of state, out from nearby counties, student- athletes that are not in district, but INFLUENCED to enroll at Carter G. Academy, (wink wink) which if you are then must play athletics for FD University lol.... and that folks is 100% truth.
(12-14-2020, 01:06 PM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote: [ -> ]

QB's from out of state, out from nearby counties, student- athletes that are not in district, but INFLUENCED to enroll at Carter G. Academy, (wink wink) which if you are then must play athletics for FD University lol.... and that folks is 100% truth.

All facts! It didnt seem to bother one team across town thats playing in the finals though. I think as of this year or last year cant remember, that if you are enrolled in the Carter Woodson program you have to stay at the school you are districted in, like it use to be before Douglas was built.
(12-14-2020, 01:22 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote: [ -> ]

All facts! It didnt seem to bother one team across town thats playing in the finals though. I think as of this year or last year cant remember, that if you are enrolled in the Carter Woodson program you have to stay at the school you are districted in, like it use to be before Douglas was built.

Actually the Carter G. Woodson academy prior to Douglass being built was in the Central office so all students went back to their home school due to crowded conditions when Douglass was bulit their was a entire wing for Carter G. the kids go through a application process to get into the program. Also currently out of over 100 players in the football program only around 15-18 players attend Carter G. and 4 of the 22 starters attend the academy. As far as this years quarterback his parents were relocated to Lexington for his job. If I had a kid that was a top notch athlete I would make sure I bought a house in the district of the school that would be best for his advancement. I would hope any parent would do that for their child.
(12-17-2020, 01:35 AM)16BBall Fan Wrote: [ -> ]

Actually the Carter G. Woodson academy prior to Douglass being built was in the Central office so all students went back to their home school due to crowded conditions when Douglass was bulit their was a entire wing for Carter G. the kids go through a application process to get into the program. Also currently out of over 100 players in the football program only around 15-18 players attend Carter G. and 4 of the 22 starters attend the academy. As far as this years quarterback his parents were relocated to Lexington for his job. If I had a kid that was a top notch athlete I would make sure I bought a house in the district of the school that would be best for his advancement. I would hope any parent would do that for their child.

McClurg and Cam Jones also get conveniently relocated or...?
(12-17-2020, 08:22 AM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-14-2020, 12:59 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: [ -> ]They bring in a new QB every year. The new one they got from Washington.

McClug yes Cam Jones parents were very well off and had enough income to purchase a house in Lexington to better promote their son and they reached out and chose Douglass. They went through the KHSAA transfer procedure and were approved.
(12-17-2020, 05:42 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-14-2020, 01:06 PM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote: [ -> ]QB's from out of state, out from nearby counties, student- athletes that are not in district, but INFLUENCED to enroll at Carter G. Academy, (wink wink) which if you are then must play athletics for FD University lol.... and that folks is 100% truth.

McClug yes Cam Jones parents were very well off and had enough income to purchase a house in Lexington to better promote their son and they reached out and chose Douglass. They went through the KHSAA transfer procedure and were approved.
Approved for what? it was a 'bogus" he moved in those adjacent DORMS behind the school. When KHSAA saw it was a change of address on paper, they have to let him play. Tell me this, why did he leave as soon as FD were eliminated and went back to his original school and graduated from there?
(12-18-2020, 11:09 AM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-17-2020, 01:35 AM)16BBall Fan Wrote: [ -> ][quote="Big Daddy Bull" pid="2295198" dateline="1607962936"]

Approved for what? it was a 'bogus" he moved in those adjacent DORMS behind the school. When KHSAA saw it was a change of address on paper, they have to let him play. Tell me this, why did he leave as soon as FD were eliminated and went back to his original school and graduated from there?

....and so did the QB they got from Dunbar the first year, went back to Dunbar after FD was eliminated, and a assistant Coach who is no longer with the program{legally} owned those apartments/dorms, I could say so much more, but this stuff has been known for a couple of years no since rehassing it.
(12-14-2020, 01:22 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote: [ -> ]All facts! It didnt seem to bother one team across town thats playing in the finals though. I think as of this year or last year cant remember, that if you are enrolled in the Carter Woodson program you have to stay at the school you are districted in, like it use to be before Douglas was built.

He did not have a dorm they bought a house and he was supposed to graduate in Dec. and go on to Cincinnati he decided over Christmas to go back to his old school. You act like these things only happen at Douglass. No one says anything I guess about Anderson Co. quarterback Jagger Gillis ending up at Boyle Co. this season and I can 20 more similar things. If a school has a great program and parents want their kids to succeed and get future opportunities what is wrong with that? If they abide by the rules and get approved by the KHSAA how is that FD fault? I guess you are jealous maybe because, your team is getting thumped know by Douglass, but I would bet if a parent came to your school about their child coming there they would not say no. Have a happy holiday.
Cam Jones done the best thing for him. He was what Freddie D needed. He was a real good QB but wasnt enough to make Knott Central win and probably would had to play Offensive and Defensive Tackle at Perry Central considering Perry has had so many good QBs over the past decade.
(12-18-2020, 03:51 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-17-2020, 08:22 AM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: [ -> ]McClurg and Cam Jones also get conveniently relocated or...?
He did not have a dorm they bought a house and he was supposed to graduate in Dec. and go on to Cincinnati he decided over Christmas to go back to his old school. You act like these things only happen at Douglass. No one says anything I guess about Anderson Co. quarterback Jagger Gillis ending up at Boyle Co. this season and I can 20 more similar things. If a school has a great program and parents want their kids to succeed and get future opportunities what is wrong with that? If they abide by the rules and get approved by the KHSAA how is that FD fault? I guess you are jealous maybe because, your team is getting thumped know by Douglass, but I would bet if a parent came to your school about their child coming there they would not say no. Have a happy holiday.

I agree on the last part, most every team in Kentucky would be doing the same if they coukd get away with what FD does, i'm not mad at them at all but when you have that much talent and no championship to show for it  and alot of it isnt on the up and up and higher ups tell the other high schools in Lexington to just deal with it, you are going to take some major heat. Stiill say some heads should roll over there for not winning with all those D1 guys.