Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: College Football top 25 scores/ other notables
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(1)USC 38 Idaho 10
(2)LSU 45 Mississippi St. 0
(3)West Va 62 Western Michigan 24
(4)Texas 21 Arkansas St 13
Appy State 34 (5)Michigan 32 (WOOO HOOO!!)
(6)Florida 49 Western Ky 3
(7)Wisconsin 42 Washington St 21
(8)Oklahoma 79 North Texas 10
(9)Virginia Tech 17 East Carolina 7
(10)Louisville 73 Murray St 10
(11)Ohio St 38 Youngstown 6
(12)Cal 45 (15)Taliban 31 (WOOOO HOOOO!!)
(13)Georgia 35 Oklahoma St 14
(14)UCLA 45 Stanford 17
(16)Rutgers 38 Buffalo 3
(17)Penn St 59 Fla International 0
(18)Auburn 23 Kansas St 13
(19)Florida St @ Clemson (tonight)
(20)Nebraska 52 Nevada 10
(21)Arkansas 46 Troy 26
(22)TCU 27 Baylor 0
(23)Hawaii 63 Northern Colorado 6
(24)Boise St 56 Weber St 7
(25)Texas A&M 38 Montana St 7

other SEC scores:
Alabama 52 Western Carolina 6 (WOOO HOOOO!!)
UK 50 EKU 10
South Carolina 28 La-Lafayette 14
Ol Miss 23 Memphis 21
Vanderbilt 41 Richmond 17

other Notable scores:
Georgia Tech 33 Notre Dame 3
Miami (FL) 31 Marshall 3
UCONN 45 Duke 14
Boston College 38 Wake Forest 28
Central Fl 25 NC State 23
North Carolina 37 James Madison 14
Maryland 31 Villanova 14
South Florida 28 Elon 13
Kent State 23 Iowa State 14 (next UK opponent pulls off upset)
Missouri 40 Illinois 34
BYU 20 Arizona 7
Wyoming 23 Virginia 3
Bowling Green 32 Minnesota 31
Michigan St 55 UAB 18
Id say Michigan will fall completley out of the top 25.
I agree with ya HP, if they dont it would be a total surprise. I also like the App. State as #5 there TH, haha.
yeah, thats the ESPN top 25 bro...You should know thats not my top 25, because Tennessee or Auburn would never be in it, lol.....EVER.
-STATS- Wrote:I agree with ya HP, if they dont it would be a total surprise. I also like the App. State as #5 there TH, haha.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Id say Michigan will fall completley out of the top 25.

Michigan wont fall completely out of top 25, they did lose to App State and thats one biggest upsets in College football ever maybe the biggest but they will still be in the top 25 around 18-22 IMO and you will see the Wovlrines back in the top 10 before the season is over.Mark my word.
Kentucky should technically be ranked above Michigan. If Michigan will be fallling out of the polls, we (UK) should take a spot in the top 25. We took care of our out of division foe, with no problems at all. Granted App State is a whole lot beter than EKU but still.
Heard that, haha. Let me ask ya this Hoss, would you have the Gators in the tops? lol, thats my team!

TidesHoss32 Wrote:yeah, thats the ESPN top 25 bro...You should know thats not my top 25, because Tennessee or Auburn would never be in it, lol.....EVER.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Kentucky should technically be ranked above Michigan. If Michigan will be fallling out of the polls, we (UK) should take a spot in the top 25. We took care of our out of division foe, with no problems at all. Granted App State is a whole lot beter than EKU but still.

I disagree with that reasoning. We may have beaten our I-AA opponent, but Appalachian State is A LOT better than Eastern. I also think we would have beaten Appy State, but it would've been a much more competitive game than we had. They are the 2-time defending champions, and are probably better than several I-A teams from the MAC and/or the Sun Belt.

When this week's polls come out, Michigan will be ranked around #20, and UK will still be unranked... for now. Big Grin
thats a good question man, although I think LSU is the best team in the country personally. Of course USC is gonna hog the rankings, and WVU is gonna be ranked high all year too. But for me, I'll take LSU over USC. Florida should have been ranked higher than Michigan anyways. But pollsters LOVE Michigan and Notre Dame for some damn reason. A 6-5 Michigan or Notre Dame team will be ranked higher than an 8-3 UK team every year. Just ask the '66 Alabama team. Won the '64 and '65 national championships, ran the tables in '66, only to finish with a #3 ranking (after starting the season #1, and going undefeated). Notre Dame played Michigan State, and that gutless Ara Parsegian sat on the ball, not even trying to score with it tied 10-10 for the last 90+ seconds. Yet people call it "the game of the century". Which is "garbage". Bama would have had championship #13, if the media didnt have such a friggin love affair with Notre Dame and Michigan. Michigan, to me anyways, should have been ranked high, but not higher than the defending national champions. But, I guess Appalachian State took care of that, didnt they?Big Grin
-STATS- Wrote:Heard that, haha. Let me ask ya this Hoss, would you have the Gators in the tops? lol, thats my team!
me and PB5 was talking about that today as a matter of fact. I think Appy State would be a 7-5 team at the very least if they were in the Sun Belt. Those kids can play some football..
More Cowbell Wrote:I disagree with that reasoning. We may have beaten our I-AA opponent, but Appalachian State is A LOT better than Eastern. I also think we would have beaten Appy State, but it would've been a much more competitive game than we had. They are the 2-time defending champions, and are probably better than several I-A teams from the MAC and/or the Sun Belt.

When this week's polls come out, Michigan will be ranked around #20, and UK will still be unranked... for now. Big Grin
More Cowbell Wrote:I disagree with that reasoning. We may have beaten our I-AA opponent, but Appalachian State is A LOT better than Eastern. I also think we would have beaten Appy State, but it would've been a much more competitive game than we had. They are the 2-time defending champions, and are probably better than several I-A teams from the MAC and/or the Sun Belt.

I never said that EKU was anywhere close to the skill level as App St. I think that UK would have done better against App State than what Michigan did. I think we did enough in our bowl game last year, returned the same players from that team and performed well enough in the first game to show that we deserve a spot in those polls.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I never said that EKU was anywhere close to the skill level as App St. I think that UK would have done better against App State than what Michigan did. I think we did enough in our bowl game last year, returned the same players from that team and performed well enough in the first game to show that we deserve a spot in those polls.

I would say UK will be closer to the top 25 after the Kent State game, but the problem is going to be the Louisville game. If UK wins, yes, we deserve a top 25 spot, but if UK loses you can pretty much count UK out of any top 25 rankings IMO. After that, if all goes well, it may be near the end of the year before UK is considered for the top 25 again.