Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin 38 Lincoln County 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Prayers to the kid who took that hard hit! He had me worried there for a minute. Still worried obviously, but he was moving when they took him off
Congrats to Corbin on the win, on to the next one.
Very proud of our boys!
Bull got out! Wrote:Very proud of our boys!
Overall I was pretty pleased. We started out on FIRE!!!!! If we maintain that type of intensity and play calling, we will be a force no matter who is in front of us. Its hard for even a solid defense to stop 6 different weapons on the field. But there for a minute I thought they might have took my pregame advice and threw the ole ball around the yard!!

But after we got up by a couple, I don't know what happened??? Did we take our foot off the gas? Players weren't giving 100%? Play calling got conservative? Lincoln put their foot on the gas? I honestly don't know, I think it was all of them combined! But we almost let them back into the ball game doing that SH!T.

Offensively, like I said, we started out burning it up!!!!! I was still very very pleased with how we played on O for the most part. I think everyone in the stands kind of scratched their head on one red zone trip, but other than that pretty solid. Combs looked great with his throws and decisions. The one INT he had was just one of those plays, almost like the ball they caught for a TD. Wells was a constant deep threat. I don't know what else to say about him, hes a beast and I would put him against any DB in the state with his speed and hands. Mills was dancing out there, in a good way, making the D look like fools on a lot of plays. Longmire had a pretty good game with some big runs at key times. Patterson kept the chains moving on some screens and short passes and was a load to bring down. Our other running back and full back, Peyton and Powers, had a solid game. The Oline was pushing their way around up there giving combs time to throw and holes for the run. Very good game by them.

Defense, our bread and butter, who has showed up every game, had a good game. I'm gonna be a little hard on them though because I know how they can play and tonight we had some slip ups. They still played good! Our Dline was dominate most of the game, and our Backers brought it! Our secondary is were I was a little let down. I know we keyed on the run, that's Lincoln's go to. But we still have to play honest on the WR's, especially for a potential upcoming opponent! we have to tighten that up. Several balls should have been picked. And we left a lot of space between us and their Wr's. I don't know if that was the coverage, game plan, or what? But it kept them in the game longer than it should. But they did seem hungry and laid some huge hits on LC. I hope the player who went out is OK. But when I got home I watched the replay and that was a clean hit?!! No helmet to helmet. It cant be targeting, it was just a hard hit. I think the ref's knew that, that's why they dropped the flag 10 minutes after the fact. 

Special teams, Baker, had another FG. He's becoming automatic back there. I don't know what our game plan was on K.O. but it puzzled me a little.

We about screwed the pooch towards the end. I don't care what happens in a football game, you cant fight when you have to play the next week. If we would have had players ejected that could have really really hurt us! we got to be better than that and let it out between the whistles.

Props to LC. They came in and we knew what they were gonna do, they knew, and they ran it that way. The are a very decent football team. I don't see many other 4th place or heck even some 2nd and 3rd place district teams beating them. Their run game is solid. The bad part is, that's about all they have, so its easy to key on.

But overall I was pretty pleased. Lets get ready for KC next week!
(11-21-2020, 02:48 AM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]
Bull got out! Wrote:Very proud of our boys!
Overall I was pretty pleased. We started out on FIRE!!!!! If we maintain that type of intensity and play calling, we will be a force no matter who is in front of us. Its hard for even a solid defense to stop 6 different weapons on the field. But there for a minute I thought they might have took my pregame advice and threw the ole ball around the yard!!

But after we got up by a couple, I don't know what happened??? Did we take our foot off the gas? Players weren't giving 100%? Play calling got conservative? Lincoln put their foot on the gas? I honestly don't know, I think it was all of them combined! But we almost let them back into the ball game doing that SH!T.

Offensively, like I said, we started out burning it up!!!!! I was still very very pleased with how we played on O for the most part. I think everyone in the stands kind of scratched their head on one red zone trip, but other than that pretty solid. Combs looked great with his throws and decisions. The one INT he had was just one of those plays, almost like the ball they caught for a TD. Wells was a constant deep threat. I don't know what else to say about him, hes a beast and I would put him against any DB in the state with his speed and hands. Mills was dancing out there, in a good way, making the D look like fools on a lot of plays. Longmire had a pretty good game with some big runs at key times. Patterson kept the chains moving on some screens and short passes and was a load to bring down. Our other running back and full back, Peyton and Powers, had a solid game. The Oline was pushing their way around up there giving combs time to throw and holes for the run. Very good game by them.

Defense, our bread and butter, who has showed up every game, had a good game. I'm gonna be a little hard on them though because I know how they can play and tonight we had some slip ups. They still played good! Our Dline was dominate most of the game, and our Backers brought it! Our secondary is were I was a little let down. I know we keyed on the run, that's Lincoln's go to. But we still have to play honest on the WR's, especially for a potential upcoming opponent! we have to tighten that up. Several balls should have been picked. And we left a lot of space between us and their Wr's. I don't know if that was the coverage, game plan, or what? But it kept them in the game longer than it should. But they did seem hungry and laid some huge hits on LC. I hope the player who went out is OK. But when I got home I watched the replay and that was a clean hit?!! No helmet to helmet. It cant be targeting, it was just a hard hit. I think the ref's knew that, that's why they dropped the flag 10 minutes after the fact. 

Special teams, Baker, had another FG. He's becoming automatic back there. I don't know what our game plan was on K.O. but it puzzled me a little.

We about screwed the pooch towards the end. I don't care what happens in a football game, you cant fight when you have to play the next week. If we would have had players ejected that could have really really hurt us! we got to be better than that and let it out between the whistles.

Props to LC. They came in and we knew what they were gonna do, they knew, and they ran it that way. The are a very decent football team. I don't see many other 4th place or heck even some 2nd and 3rd place district teams beating them. Their run game is solid. The bad part is, that's about all they have, so its easy to key on.

I asked about the second td and it was a coaches calling off a defensive player while they were in man to cover another and he was left wide open. 

Juggling act for a 79 yard touchdown for Lincoln, I honestly thought we had intercepted the ball and was in shock that he caught the ball with 3 redhounds on top of him. Good job Lincoln. 

Defense was overall very sharp last night, man the hits were eye opening. I hope the QB #12 recovers with no injuries. Very scary hit. 

Offense looks nice!

Offensive line looking very good!

One thing I personally like is the coaching going on during the game. Greer was locked in dude. My boy had came out for a few plays and when Greer was chewing them he was chewing my boy and he wasn’t in the game for those plays lol, Love it. 

Still in shock about Wayne/Knox Central game. Wow!
(11-21-2020, 09:02 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2020, 02:48 AM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]
Bull got out! Wrote:Very proud of our boys!

I asked about the second td and it was a coaches calling off a defensive player while they were in man to cover another and he was left wide open. 

Juggling act for a 79 yard touchdown for Lincoln, I honestly thought we had intercepted the ball and was in shock that he caught the ball with 3 redhounds on top of him. Good job Lincoln. 

Defense was overall very sharp last night, man the hits were eye opening. I hope the QB #12 recovers with no injuries. Very scary hit. 

Offense looks nice!

Offensive line looking very good!

One thing I personally like is the coaching going on during the game. Greer was locked in dude. My boy had came out for a few plays and when Greer was chewing them he was chewing my boy and he wasn’t in the game for those plays lol, Love it. 

Still in shock about Wayne/Knox Central game. Wow!
Did you see vaughts tweet? Talking about that hit was uncalled for. He’s a joke!!! A text book tackle is uncalled for? Yes, the kid was injured, and I absolutely hate that. But there was nothing wrong with the hit, besides it was was nasty!!

LC fans wanted helmet to helmet. Nope!!
No, I’m about sick of the bad press that people put on Corbin. We have to earn everything we do and it’s always negative towards us but if it was other brands it’s like headline news of how good they do. We’re on a college visit today with two of our team members. Very proud of these boys. Going to enjoy the day and keep these guys motivated. All trash talkers, hate on another team please!
(11-21-2020, 11:00 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]No, I’m about sick of the bad press that people put on Corbin. We have to earn everything we do and it’s always negative towards us but if it was other brands it’s like headline news of how good they do. We’re on a college visit today with two of our team members. Very proud of these boys. Going to enjoy the day and keep these guys motivated. All trash talkers, hate on another team please!
AbsoFreakinglutely!! We damned if we do, damned if we don’t. I went back and watch the replay from the Lincoln County stream and it was horrible I know they have to root for their team but some of the stuff they said about our players and us was ridiculous. Actually they never stopped, it was the whole stream. 

Good luck to our players on the visit!! What school?
You two stop whining!!! LOL

Congratulations Hounds! Now go all the way!!

Bull, keep us posted on your college visits! Congratulations to your son who has earned them.
We are at Kentucky Christian today. Going to all the schools to see the diversity and get the experience. Mostly all NAIA schools. Just proud we’re getting opportunities with all the covid crap. #75 and #76 on tour.
Looks as if there was a fight towards the end in this game. What caused it? You can plainly see it around the 2:26 mark in the link below. 

(11-21-2020, 12:46 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: [ -> ]You two stop whining!!!  LOL

Congratulations Hounds!  Now go all the way!!

Bull, keep us posted on your college visits!  Congratulations to your son who has earned them.
Well you know if we werent griping about this we’d be doing on something else hahah.
(11-21-2020, 03:19 PM)Tomcat Pride Wrote: [ -> ]Looks as if there was a fight towards the end in this game. What caused it? You can plainly see it around the 2:26 mark in the link below. 

What happened is emotion, kids from Lincoln have pride and they didn’t like getting beat, nothing wrong with it they shouldn’t. BUT there was no dirty hit, no leading with the head it was shoulder pad to shoulder pad, just one of those things...Prayers for the young man but #15 is one of the best mannered kids on Corbins team he definitely wasn’t trying to hurt anyone intentionally.
(11-21-2020, 08:05 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2020, 03:19 PM)Tomcat Pride Wrote: [ -> ]Looks as if there was a fight towards the end in this game. What caused it? You can plainly see it around the 2:26 mark in the link below. 

What happened is emotion, kids from Lincoln have pride and they didn’t like getting beat, nothing wrong with it they shouldn’t.  BUT there was no dirty hit, no leading with the head it was shoulder pad to shoulder pad, just one of those things...Prayers for the young man but #15 is one of the best mannered kids on Corbins team he definitely wasn’t trying to hurt anyone intentionally. 
Do you know about where the hit is that everyone is talking about? The timestamp or when it was in the game. I know second half.
(11-21-2020, 03:19 PM)Tomcat Pride Wrote: [ -> ]Looks as if there was a fight towards the end in this game. What caused it? You can plainly see it around the 2:26 mark in the link below. 

I’ll be honest, I was around the goal post and not really paying attention that close. I think they called forward progress and blew the whistle. From MY ANGLE- keep in mind I wasn’t paying that close attention- I didn’t see anything that wrong. You see it all the time, the whistle blows because of progress and in a split second the guy goes down. That’s what I looked like to me. Then I see a white Jersey run to the pile, and everyone started pushing, and LCs whole bench came down there. 

I went back and watched LCs replay- THEY ARE BIGGER HOMERS THAN ME!!- and they said it was a late hit and piling on by Corbin. Even in the video I didn’t see it?? But then again those two idiots talked ish all game saying we were dirty, targeting, needed ejected, etc. so I honestly don’t know what started it?? No ejections though
I heard it too Hound. The commentary should be a representation of professionalism. Not a platform to degrade a program.
(11-21-2020, 08:16 PM)HOFER Wrote: [ -> ]

What happened is emotion, kids from Lincoln have pride and they didn’t like getting beat, nothing wrong with it they shouldn’t.  BUT there was no dirty hit, no leading with the head it was shoulder pad to shoulder pad, just one of those things...Prayers for the young man but #15 is one of the best mannered kids on Corbins team he definitely wasn’t trying to hurt anyone intentionally. 
Do you know about where the hit is that everyone is talking about? The timestamp or when it was in the game. I know second half.

Sorry I’m not sure, I probably should cause I only get to watch via live stream but I just remember seeing it and thinking wow good hit and then all the blowback after it. Nobody likes to see a kid get hurt and nobody from Corbin was or will be happy about it but it’s football not tennis, things happen. Me personally I’m tired of all this...Football isn’t supposed to be a gentle sport and it’s not basketball, all this being gentle and playing nice ain’t football it’s a warrior sport, play it like it’s supposed to be played if you don’t want your kid being subjected to it, and I’m judging no one, then don’t let them play.
(11-21-2020, 08:16 PM)HOFER Wrote: [ -> ]

I posted a still frame of it above. I it was in the 3 qtr somewhere
2:02:54 seconds on the YouTube video.
Corbin offensive line looking better and better each game.
(11-21-2020, 10:46 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]Corbin offensive line looking better and better each game.
No doubt about it. DLINE as well.
(11-22-2020, 03:29 AM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2020, 10:46 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]Corbin offensive line looking better and better each game.
No doubt about it. DLINE as well.

That whole defensive front are tuff as nails, I love watching them play everyone of them trying to knock head and asses together!
Corbin wins this one!!!
(11-22-2020, 06:07 PM)Sportsball Wrote: [ -> ]Corbin wins this one!!!
Little late on the predictions. Lol!!!!
Hahaha. Yea this isn’t the pick’em