Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Middlesboro Football Shuts Down For 2020
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Middlesboro football enters quarantine effectively ending their 2020 season.

Per Middlesboro superintendent Waylon Allen
I hate that for you all. Middlesboro has a good team and definitely would’ve been the favorite in Friday’s game with Leslie County.
Hate it for Middlesboro. They had a real chance at winning the district.
Hate to see Jackets season end like this. They have worked hard last couple of years to get back to being competitive
Man.... is the the 1st to cancel that had a winning record or was at least above a 3 seed?
I talked to Waylon Allen - superintendent this evening. He said the Bell County Health Department quarantined the entire team. He said Jesse Allen - AD met with the team and coaches this morning. Larry French has done an unbelievable job the last two years. I feel bad for the team and coaches. I think Middlesboro could have made a deep run this year. Keep working hard Jackets. I look forward to seeing them play next season. They played a bunch of young kids this year. Hopefully things will be back to normal.
Unfortunate end to a very solid season, but another positive step toward prominence for one of the state’s most successful programs.

Best of luck in 2021, Jackets!