Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Playoffs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Any news on when schedule is coming out I hear sometime today but nothing yet although its early still.
(11-13-2020, 12:21 PM)The_best63 Wrote: [ -> ]Any news on when schedule is coming out I hear sometime today but nothing yet although its early still.

It is out just seen it.
(11-13-2020, 12:21 PM)The_best63 Wrote: [ -> ]Any news on when schedule is coming out I hear sometime today but nothing yet although its early still.
Seen on twitter that the KHSAA said

"The brackets will be drawn on Friday November 13th. After that point, removal from the bracket will simply be a hole and no additional intra-district seeding will be reviewed or revised."  "First round will begin on November 19-20-21 at host sites"

I expect we will hear at the end of today on the brackets.
click on link below then click next to link by your team (or any team for that fact)

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...ent=kyfb20
I take it they are still seeding the semifinals?
(11-17-2020, 11:13 AM)Jack Lambert Wrote: [ -> ]I take it they are still seeding the semifinals?
Yep. Boyle should have a very easy time if they win, JC, Corbin, Central will beat themselves stupid before they face Boyle
NO WAY the KHSAA playoff games are going to happen this Friday. The Gov. is going to shut the whole state down tomorrow, in quarantine and or curfew not to mention the KHSAA is meeting tomorrow I'm sure they will address the remainder of this football season that will be cancelled too, JMHO!
(11-17-2020, 08:06 PM)Tiger Roar Wrote: [ -> ]NO WAY the KHSAA playoff games are going to happen this Friday. The Gov. is going to shut the whole state down tomorrow, in quarantine and or curfew not to mention the KHSAA is meeting tomorrow I'm sure they will address the remainder of this football season that will be cancelled too, JMHO!

No way we’re not playing this Friday. We’re going to finish. Other sports, yeah might start later. Playoffs will finish in my opinion.
We are where we are because people ignored the recommendations and we did not slow the spread as we could have.  But at least we got to watch a few mid/low level football games.  Funny how this has just disappeared after the election like many said it would. And before I hear the "we are not mid/low level...: How many teams in Ky. are ranked in the national top 1000?
(11-17-2020, 09:55 PM)David T. Caudill Wrote: [ -> ]We are where we are because people ignored the recommendations and we did not slow the spread as we could have.  But at least we got to watch a few mid/low level football games.  Funny how this has just disappeared after the election like many said it would.  And before I hear the "we are not mid/low level...:  How many teams in Ky. are ranked in the national top 1000?
Well according to CalPreps, there are quiet a few teams in Kentucky that are in the top 1000 and several that are right around a 1000. 

But if you’re going to judge Kentucky’s football teams to surrounding states, ranking don’t paint an accurate picture. It has LCA and belfry ahead of Boyle. There’s no accurate way to gauge these teams nationally unless you’re someone like trinity who can travel and play the rest of the top national teams. overall Kentucky is behind some of the other states teams top to bottom, but our top tier isn’t that much different than some of these other states outside of FL, CA, TX, etc. 

a couple years ago someone tried to bring up the same argument and that same year, Kentucky whipped a lot of the top TN teams and some of the top WV and VA teams as well. 

But I’d rather watch a mid/low level team- even though that’s not what they are- play any day than sitting around having nothing to do
(11-17-2020, 10:18 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-17-2020, 09:55 PM)David T. Caudill Wrote: [ -> ]We are where we are because people ignored the recommendations and we did not slow the spread as we could have.  But at least we got to watch a few mid/low level football games.  Funny how this has just disappeared after the election like many said it would.  And before I hear the "we are not mid/low level...:  How many teams in Ky. are ranked in the national top 1000?
Well according to CalPreps, there are quiet a few teams in Kentucky that are in the top 1000 and several that are right around a 1000. 

But if you’re going to judge Kentucky’s football teams to surrounding states, ranking don’t paint an accurate picture. It has LCA and belfry ahead of Boyle. There’s no accurate way to gauge these teams nationally unless you’re someone like trinity who can travel and play the rest of the top national teams. overall Kentucky is behind some of the other states teams top to bottom, but our top tier isn’t that much different than some of these other states outside of FL, CA, TX, etc. 

a couple years ago someone tried to bring up the same argument and that same year, Kentucky whipped a lot of the top TN teams and some of the top WV and VA teams as well. 

But I’d rather watch a mid/low level team- even though that’s not what they are- play any day than sitting around having nothing to do

That would be fine and dandy if people would have followed the recommended guidelines as far as masks and social distance.  But now the virus has spiked and the Governor will be forced to make the recommendations requirements because people would not do what they should have done on their own.  But again, at least we got to watch a few football games.  All while people are dying of this at a higher number than they would if people just would listen.  But football is more important than life I suppose.  At least we are not bored.  Think about what when someone you know can not breathe and dies of this.
(11-17-2020, 08:21 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-17-2020, 08:06 PM)Tiger Roar Wrote: [ -> ]NO WAY the KHSAA playoff games are going to happen this Friday. The Gov. is going to shut the whole state down tomorrow, in quarantine and or curfew not to mention the KHSAA is meeting tomorrow I'm sure they will address the remainder of this football season that will be cancelled too, JMHO!

No way we’re not playing this Friday. We’re going to finish. Other sports, yeah might start later. Playoffs will finish in my opinion.
Just talked with several different people very close to the situation, WE WON'T be playing ANY HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS OF ANY KIND for at least another month after tomorrow's rulings. YOU are 100% WRONG if you think there will be High School football this weekend!
(11-17-2020, 11:08 PM)Tiger Roar Wrote: [ -> ]

Just talked with several different people very close to the situation, WE WON'T be playing ANY HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS OF ANY KIND for at least another month after tomorrow's rulings. YOU are 100% WRONG if you think there will be High School football this weekend!
I remember you, I’m not wrong as of right now. My son had practice today. Game still on according to the KHSAA. Tomorrow, something might come up, but right now playoffs are still on. I believe we will play. 100%.

Share your findings with us. Why make us wait?
We will have football games Friday Night or I hope so!!!
Why are you on this forum if you're just going to down talk Kentucky high school football? Go join another forum with other coronabros who want to live their lives in fear, i think you'll fit in better there  Wink
^^^BOOM!!!
Here’s my thing on it. For some of these young boys, football is their life and a key to a better one. It’s a free ticket to a good college education that otherwise they couldn’t afford. So I’m not going to be selfish enough to say that can’t pursue that dream, or even say it’s wrong, immoral, or a bad decision to go out there and try to achieve it. I 100% without a doubt, guarantee, that if an opportunity was set before you that could change your life forever right now, you wouldn’t sit at home. Would you have sit at home, NO PAY, no way to provide for your family because you might get a virus or spread it? Call me whatever, I love each an every one of you all, but my family comes first. That’s what these boys are doing for some of them, they are providing themselves a better opportunity.

I’m not gonna say what people should be doing, or if they should follow a political figure who don’t know anymore about this virus than me or you. People should do what they feel is right by them and their family. I would guarantee you that if a parent or player went to a coach and said they don’t feel comfortable competing, the coach would say fine, that’s your decision, thank you.

But what really pisses me off, are those on here that think we should just stick our heads in sand and shelter in place. It wouldn’t work if the Russians dropped a nuke in the 60’s and it won’t work now. But some of you, I have went back and looked at this time last year, where were you when flu was going around killing and infecting people? Not ONE WORD?!? It’s amazing. They literally let mainstream media brainwash them into thinking this is 100X worse than any other thing we can control. Like I said in another post, are we gonna stop taking away trips on a bus for the very low probability of dying? Are you gonna stop eating McDonald’s for fear of having a heart attack? Or speak out publicly about smoking? All things we can control but yet we pick one? You’re more likely to die in a car wreck 1 out of 103!! Odds of dying from COVID? 1 out of 2,321 ?‍♂️?‍♂️
What I have seen at most previews for Friday Night Playoff Games is there will be no tickets sold at the window. I don't know if that means just the players, Cheerleaders, and Band parents at the game and that will be it. Most are saying no tickets will be sold at game time on Friday or Saturday night. It looks like it will be No fans at the games just Parents.

Kentucky should have done what Ohio High School Football and most teams played only 6 games this year. Most schools started either the 3rd or 4th week of August and there 6 games were completed first week of October. Ohio started there Playoff games either on Friday, Oct. 2nd or Friday, Oct. 9th. State Championship Games were last week November 13-14th or this weekend on November 20-21. Most Kentucky High School Football games didn't get started until Friday, September 11th or September 18th and most High Schools in Kentucky were trying to play 9 or 10 games this season. First weekend of Playoffs wasn't happening until November 13th or November 20th. Then you have five or six weeks to get through the Playoffs and the Championship Games will be December 18th one week before Christmas.

Kentucky should have made an early start like Ohio and started in Middle of August on Friday 21st or the 28th. Then Kentucky should have played 6 games like most Ohio teams played and started Playoffs either Friday Oct. 2 or Oct. 9th and would have been done like Ohio either on Friday, Nov. 6th or Nov.13 for the Championship games. We are still looking at 5 more games to get through with the Covid-19 numbers increasing each day. That is why Ohio will have there Football Regular Season, Playoffs, and State Championship Games completed this weekend while Kentucky is just getting started hopefully.

Your sources sucks! What did I tell you last night? We’re playing!
Yes....unless Governor steps in with some type of total shut down......football will be played Friday and Saturday.
Hoping for the best but I fear today at 4 will end high school sports for the near future. Michigan shut everything down for 2-3 weeks. We will all find out today but hopefully the kids get to finish football but won’t be shocked if dictator shuts it down either. My guess closing restaurants (to in dining), closes bars, gyms, hair salons and barbershops, etc, moves all schools including universities to online only. Only the major stores will be open but no mask no entry and only so many allowed in at a time. Gosh I hope I’m 100% wrong.
Hey coronabro you do realize what they say opinions are like don’t you?

(11-17-2020, 10:26 PM)David T. Caudill Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-17-2020, 10:18 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]

That would be fine and dandy if people would have followed the recommended guidelines as far as masks and social distance.  But now the virus has spiked and the Governor will be forced to make the recommendations requirements because people would not do what they should have done on their own.  But again, at least we got to watch a few football games.  All while people are dying of this at a higher number than they would if people just would listen.  But football is more important than life I suppose.  At least we are not bored.  Think about what when someone you know can not breathe and dies of this.
Yet another moron coronabro. If you’re that scared just stay at home and let the rest of us live. I’m so tired of you dumbass liberals .
(11-18-2020, 02:19 PM)Rainingthrees Wrote: [ -> ]Hoping for the best but I fear today at 4 will end high school sports for the near future. Michigan shut everything down for 2-3 weeks. We will all find out today but hopefully the kids get to finish football but won’t be shocked if dictator shuts it down either. My guess closing restaurants (to in dining), closes  bars, gyms, hair salons and barbershops, etc, moves all schools including universities to online only. Only the major stores will be open but no mask no entry and only so many allowed in at a time. Gosh I hope I’m 100% wrong.
I’ll say this. In my opinion, after Christmas is if any major shutdowns will happen, until then, strict recommendations. Time will tell all.
(11-18-2020, 12:06 AM)PHSFarmersMarket Wrote: [ -> ]
Why are you on this forum if you're just going to down talk Kentucky high school football? Go join another forum with other coronabros who want to live their lives in fear, i think you'll fit in better there  Wink

Well, being a Dallas Cowboy fan he is an expert on mid/low level teams. I'll give him that. 

I find this 100% AMUSING, much like the 100% Biden vote count in a Wisconsin vote dump of 123,000. Not much truth in 100% of anything 99.99% of the time. "YOU are 100% WRONG".... oooops

I didn’t mean to like this post my fat thumbs got out of control, anyone know how to retract a like?
Be nice Jack!
Sending out best wishes to everyone, regardless of which side they are taking on the Covid subject. Safe travels and hope everyone stays healthy.
Follow all the science, and they all have been wrong , just theories. It’s a bad situation for us all to be in . They don’t know how to stop it yet and we are just sheep following these theories sometimes the cure is worst than the disease. We still have to continue to live and support our kids life and dreams. Working in Alabama and high school football hasn’t slowed down any. I guess I just don’t like being controlled by people that don’t really know anymore than me and probably less
(11-20-2020, 12:05 AM)maximus73 Wrote: [ -> ]Follow all the science, and they all have been wrong ,  just theories. It’s a bad situation for us all to be in . They don’t know how to stop it yet and we are just sheep following these theories sometimes the cure is worst than the disease. We still have to continue to live and  support our kids life and dreams. Working in Alabama and high school football hasn’t slowed down any. I guess I just don’t like being controlled by people that don’t really know anymore than me and probably less
Same!!! I’m not gonna change my lifestyle for some “scientist”, probably on someone’s payroll. Follow the money.... that usually lets you know who is behind it all and trying to pull the strings. People opposing my view on it always brings up “well it might not hurt you but you could spread it to someone else that it can hurt”. Well...... if they are in risk of that, then what in the hëll are they doing out anyways? Just shutting everything down isn’t the answer. We are losing our herd immunity that puts us in greater risk of other stuff. GOD gave us free will, I think that’s the least some about to be socialists government can do. Football wise with playoffs coming up, let people choose! If they think they are at risk or believe they might spread it or whatever, they can watch the live stream. For the others, I know a few older people that would rather have the memories of watching their son or grandson play in his final footballs games over being worried about something that MIGHT happen to them. Plus, if they are going to limit capacity, the board needs to get involved and make it equal. If the home team drops a gonna have 500’peiple there, then the away team should be granted 500 tickets as well.
Educate yourself.  Do not listen to another persons interpretation of the data.  God gave us science as well as free will.
https://pulitzercenter.org/projects/science-covid-19
https://www.bing.com/search?q=The+science+covid-19&cvid=ea35effb66ca4eab828e8d6ca0cc0c2c&pglt=43&FORM=ANNTA1&PC=HCTS
Pages: 1 2