Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell 41 Raceland 21
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Congrats to both teams on a good game. Good luck to the Rams in the playoffs.
I expected Russell but not quite by the margin as they did.
First of all sqrew covid!! That was the weakest RCB ive ever seen. From the get go it was just off. Felt like we were in the first round of the playoffs, playing Phelps in the pouring rain and no one there. No electricity in the air, seemingly no anticipation from either side. This game became a survival game for Raceland the minute Heighton was declared out. Also had 2 other starters out as well. The biggest issue was moving Hughes to QB. While I agree he is the best option, it removes our leading reciever. This game looks totally different with us at full tilt. That being said, Russelm won the game and made the plays needed and why we never put a safety over the middle after being beat 4x deep, is beyond me. But it is what it is...onward and upward. Congrats to Russell. In the grand scheme of things, both teams probably would have benefited from not playing this game, BUT, i get why they didnt, especially with next weeks games hanging in the balance.
Positively though, we ran the ball well last night. Probably the most balanced rushing attack we have had the last 2 years. Russells a quick team sideline to sideline. But the RBs found holes and seems and ran behind their pads. 3 turnovers are impossible to over come though against good teams.
I still feel good about where we are with a healthy lineup.
Congrats to the Devils on the win. As Scotty said, missing Heighton hurt a ton last night but defensively we didn’t help ourselves out at all. That deep ball over the middle was there all night and I’m not sure why Russell didn’t go to it more than they had. If the playoffs get to happen we have a lot of things to work on if we are to beat Paintsville again.
Defense definitely struggled with the deep ball for Raceland. But they also missed a lot of tackles on those thicker RBs for Russell.
Didn't Heighton go out of the game last year? Hope it's nothing major and he can continue his season if it's not canceled. There's a lot of speculation and conspiracy theories about the season ending on another thread. I'm sure most of you have read it. Anyway, good luck to the Ramblers( I'm old school..lol) and the Devils in the playoffs.
Heighton should be back in 2 weeks when Raceland hosts Fairview in the first round of the playoffs.
(11-07-2020, 01:25 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: [ -> ]Heighton should be back in 2 weeks when Raceland hosts Fairview in the first round of the playoffs.

I wouldn’t expect them to even play him in that game
(11-07-2020, 01:44 PM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-07-2020, 01:25 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: [ -> ]Heighton should be back in 2 weeks when Raceland hosts Fairview in the first round of the playoffs.

I wouldn’t expect them to even play him in that game

I have to disagree with that, Jacob is a senior and if he's available he's going to play imo. Now how long he plays will be decided by how long Raceland decides to play him. I'd guess until they get up 36+ at least.
No reason not to play him .He should be back for the playoffs.
If the game is played and Heighton is a go. Im only playing him 1 series or 2. Our JV could beat Fairview on their own. Give him enough reps to get back into a game flow rhythm and get him out of there. Same for the other starters.
Were the 3 Russell players ejected starters or non players. 2 game suspension not good before playoffs
(11-08-2020, 11:46 PM)foozeball80 Wrote: [ -> ]Were the 3 Russell players ejected starters or non players. 2 game suspension not good before playoffs

(8) Following the day of ejection, there shall be a minimum two additional games/ meets/contests suspension for any participant ejected from a contest in all sports and sport-activities except football.
(9) Following the day of ejection, there shall be a minimum one additional contest suspension for any participant ejected from a scrimmage or contest in football.

It's only a 1 game suspension for football. All 3 players are eligible for round 2 of playoffs should Russell get there.