Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: JC v. Conner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As we roll into week 2 whats the thought on the #1 team in the mountains playing a NKY power team.
I wouldn't call Conner a NKY power team. They are 6-14 the past two seasons and only scored 68 points all of last season. I seriously doubt they will put any points on the board against JC's stout defense. Conner probably couldn't hang with most of the Class A schools from NKY. I expect JC to win this game by a lot, 40+. The JC offense looks as if they are going for a more balanced attack this season so I am expecting big numbers from Grim, JK, and Welch before bringing in the JV mid-way through the 3rd.

JCHS- 42
Conner- 0
I'm with Grizz. JC in a Big way.
JC-54
conner-00
HMMMM...Didnt have any idea they were that weak.
brotherinarms Wrote:HMMMM...Didnt have any idea they were that weak.

A little research on http://www.khsaa.org will go a long way.
Eagles....big!!!
I don't think they are really that weak they have just played some good competition. Back in 2004 they went 11-1. From what I've been told about Conner, they have pretty good team speed at the skill positions. But I still don't think they will be any match for JC. I do think they will score but it more than likely will be against the JV team.
From what I've heard Conners scrimmaged Dixie and held their own with them, others were suprised by their play in preseason.
Back in 2004 all of their current players were either in middle school or freshmen. When it was left up to them to make their own mark on the program they dropped the ball big time and last year was just about as bad as you can get. I really like JC's chances of hanging another goose egg on the board against their opponent, the majority of the players on the team can go in and hold their own with anyone lined up across from them plus they have the best JV and feeder schools in EKY.
They aren't that weak at all. I am not a big fan of the direction that Conner went in ... but so far ... have been surprised at their progress. I am not at the point where I would predict a win for Conner. But don't think for one minute that JC is going to blow them out completely. Conner kids are known for their hard nosed, nasty, hard hitting style of play--even when their teams are not that good. So ... with that said ... 21 to 0 or 28 to 7 sounds more like it.

Conner plays very solid run defense .... and they are used to seeing players of Grim's ability/speed/quickness. Before you judge the record ... remember .. they are usually playing some good teams in NKY.

Plus ... the new coaching staff probably feels like they have something to prove. This will be a better game than most expect ... but JC should win.
Johnson Central 31
Conner 6
JC should pick up the "W" in this one.

Johnson Central- 35
Conner- 7
Black and Gold Wrote:Yesterday 10:00 PM
Black and Gold JC-54
conner-00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JC-54
conner-00

Johnson Central 31
Conner 6

Why did you take back your prediction, surely that one post didn't change your mind. I still stand by mine, a 40+ win for JC. Conner hasn't had a successful season in 2 years, and this group of boys from the mountains can bring the hammer themselves. I don't care how "rough neck" Conner is, if you have a sluggish offense like their last team last year how in the world do you expect to hang in there with JC's explosive style of play. The Eagles have 4 or 5 guys that can put points on the board before you are able to turn around and scratch your head. JC will out hit, out run, out pass, and out play them as a team come Friday night. Good luck guys.