Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan Co 10 Anderson Co 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I watched the game on the BSN live feed. It was about what you would expect from a one win team vs a winless team. Close game but absolutely like watching paint dry offensively for both teams. Anderson Co failed to take advantage of having the ball last with some very poor clock management. I just don’t understand how teams can not or just will not signal plays in from the sideline especially in a 2 minute drill. I would hate to be the QB on either one of these teams. I got tired watching each teams QB run 30 yards over to the head coach between each play no matter how much time is on the clock. Neither team uses their WRs for anything else you would’ve think they could alternate a WR each play together I run to play in in. It was frustrating to watch.
If it was so boring and frustrating, why in the world would you continue to watch it???

Congratulations Black Bears!!
Rollo14 is 100% right about this game, it was hard on the eyes. Covid has forced all us to do things that we wouldn’t normally do....Anyone who wasted time watching this game is an indication of that.
Granny Bear I know you are the Black Bear super fan but I just made a comment and don’t appreciate being belittled in your response. I can have an opinion. Especially when I am correct. HCs offense is putrid and has been for years. HC will only beat teams they can line up and run over and that’s not happening much these days.
(10-31-2020, 04:19 PM)OOlballcoach Wrote: [ -> ]Rollo14  is 100% right about this game, it was hard on the eyes. Covid has forced all us to do things that we wouldn’t normally do....Anyone who wasted time watching this game is an indication of that.

Maybe for you but I'm sure you could find parents on both sides of this game that would not consider it a waste of time; especially Senior parents.
(10-31-2020, 04:31 PM)Rollo14 Wrote: [ -> ]Granny Bear I know you are the Black Bear super fan but I just made a comment and don’t appreciate being belittled in your response.  I can have an opinion. Especially when I am correct.  HCs offense is putrid and has been for years. HC will only beat teams they can line up and run over and that’s not happening much these days.

Yes, I AM a Black Bear super fan but if you think I belittled your comment you are too sensitive.  I just don't understand why an adult would choose to continue to watch something if they considered it boring and frustrating.
Your critique of HCs offense sounds like you have an agenda and a point to make that has nothing to do with the game.
(10-31-2020, 06:51 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-31-2020, 04:19 PM)OOlballcoach Wrote: [ -> ]Rollo14  is 100% right about this game, it was hard on the eyes. Covid has forced all us to do things that we wouldn’t normally do....Anyone who wasted time watching this game is an indication of that.

Maybe for you but I'm sure you could find parents on both sides of this game that would not consider it a waste of time; especially Senior parents.

I’m sure that even some of the fans/parents in attendance would agree...if they were being honest.

(10-31-2020, 08:30 PM)OOlballcoach Wrote: [ -> ]

I am in no way criticizing any other players  I thought they played hard  I just don’t like the style of play and I don’t think it will be successful and I am entitled to my opinion. I also know I not going to change your mind.  I never said anything negative about the players but that is exactly where you went when I was question HC’s style of play.  I understand your loyalty and am not faulting you but it just aggravates me that I State an opinion about style of play and I am somehow taking bad about the players in your mind.  

I’m sure that even some of the fans/parents in attendance would agree...if they were being honest.

When threads are started about a football game's winner and score, most folks do it as a congratulatory gesture toward the winning team.  You posted this:

I watched the game on the BSN live feed. It was about what you would expect from a one win team vs a winless team. Close game but absolutely like watching paint dry offensively for both teams. Anderson Co failed to take advantage of having the ball last with some very poor clock management. I just don’t understand how teams can not or just will not signal plays in from the sideline especially in a 2 minute drill. I would hate to be the QB on either one of these teams. I got tired watching each teams QB run 30 yards over to the head coach between each play no matter how much time is on the clock. Neither team uses their WRs for anything else you would’ve think they could alternate a WR each play together I run to play in in. It was frustrating to watch.

Nothing but complaining and finding fault with the players (watching paint dry) and staff (poor clock management).  I could go on but you know exactly what your intent was.  So do I.

It's obvious to me that you are upset over something; perhaps your son didn't get to start or you have a political problem with staff.  In any case, your post is disingenuous.  And when you involve student athletes in a thinly veiled insults hurled toward the team, you can BET I take offense.
Congratulations Harlan County on the win! I work in Lexington in Construction. Everyone at work follows high school football. 8 of our employees are from Anderson County. They were hoping for there first win and was asking me all about Harlan. I told them they were beat again lol. All jokes aside, I told them Harlan has some big boys and they can bring it the old fashion way. Hard strong football. Fans love there teams no matter the records. I’m thankful we just are getting to play.
Thank you. I'm glad we got to play too. We had to cancel our regularly scheduled game with Bell County and I really missed it. Those two teams are a great rivalry and they have played on Halloween weekend for years.

Good luck for the rest of the season, if there's any left.