Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 35 Belfry 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final

Eagles score on their very first drive. Then Isaac Dixon fumbles the following kickoff return and JC recovers. Preston then takes it in from midfield putting JC up 14-0 before the Pirates take one snap offensively. Belfry rebounded and cut the lead back down to 14-7, but that’s as close as this one got. Turnovers absolutely killed Belfry in this one. JC was clearly the better team, but this one is a lot closer if Belfry holds on to the ball.

Congrats JC!
Congratulations to both teams on a heck of a game! Golden Eagles something else!
Turnovers absolutely killed belf
Take those away and this very well could have been a lot closer!
Good luck to both teams from here on out, they will both bring state titles home to the 15th Region again this December along with Pikeville.
Belfry and fumbles go together like milk and cookies.

It seems Belfry always kills theirselves with turnovers in crucial games.
(10-30-2020, 11:18 PM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]Belfry and fumbles go together like milk and cookies.

I think they will bounce back. 
JC just showed a few weaknesses though against teams on their level of play. Then again it could of just been belfry. Not a lot of teams can play Johnson like this so I give credit to the pirates.
Central defense let one big run happen. Central controlled the line of scrimmage, did some different wrinkles with their sets , and missed some assignments...but Still dominated the game.
Belfry will be a tough out in 3A.
(10-30-2020, 11:18 PM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]Belfry and fumbles go together like milk and cookies.

In majority of Belfry's losses over the years, it can usually be blamed on turnovers. 

I'm sure Dixon and Coleman would love to have their two crucial fumbles back. It's 7-0, JC kicks it Dixon catches it and runs right through his blockers to meet a host of JC players around the 45-50 yard line and they knocked it loose. Fastforward, the game is 21-14 JC (maybe 28-14), Belfry is driving, Coleman attempts to pitch it on a option play while being dragged to the turf and JC recovers and punches it in again.

The third fumble the Pirates lost was a little controversial. Some claim Belfry jumped or lined up offsides, the ball got snapped and was fumbled, JC recovers again. Belfry sideline believes the play should've been blown dead, but the refs rule it was a fumble and JC took over.
(10-30-2020, 11:24 PM)Oledad92 Wrote: [ -> ]

JC just showed a few weaknesses though against teams on their level of play. Then again it could of just been belfry. Not a lot of teams can play Johnson like this so I give credit to the pirates.
What weaknesses? I couldn’t watch it live.
(10-30-2020, 11:24 PM)Oledad92 Wrote: [ -> ]

100% agree 

Belfry will be in the state championship for sure.
Like I said in previous thread, JC is the obvious team to beat in 4A. Very physical game! Let the boys rest next week after a hard fought win! Defense looked spectacular tonight! Hats off to both programs though! Good to see that two Mountain Giants still put on one of the greatest games of the Kentucky football season year in and year out! Hope to see both of these teams raising the hardware in the middle of Kroger Field!
(10-31-2020, 12:05 AM)MountainMamba Wrote: [ -> ]Like I said in previous thread, JC is the obvious team to beat in 4A. Very physical game! Let the boys rest next week after a hard fought win! Defense looked spectacular tonight! Hats off to both programs though! Good to see that two Mountain Giants still put on one of the greatest games of the Kentucky football season year in and year out! Hope to see both of these teams raising the hardware in the middle of Kroger Field!
Whoa whoa whoa.  Let’s not get confused. You didn’t say JC was the team to beat (which I wholeheartedly would have agreed with). You said JC will “walk through the playoffs” and “it’s not even close”.  But aside from that. Congrats man. Belfry even on a bad day for them is a hard team to beat. Much more holding them to 14!!! Congrats. I still expect belfry to be in Kroger in about 5 weeks. Unless there is a 3A sleeper I’m missing. 

btw mountain, I’m just busting ya balls. Hold that, ball or Vag, just in case of a Biden victory I don’t want to assume anyone’s gender hahah.

Well....fumbles have been a historical fact at Belfry.   However.....I know of at least 7 crucial games.....where Belfry didn’t kill themselves with fumbles
(10-31-2020, 12:16 AM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-31-2020, 12:05 AM)MountainMamba Wrote: [ -> ]Like I said in previous thread, JC is the obvious team to beat in 4A. Very physical game! Let the boys rest next week after a hard fought win! Defense looked spectacular tonight! Hats off to both programs though! Good to see that two Mountain Giants still put on one of the greatest games of the Kentucky football season year in and year out! Hope to see both of these teams raising the hardware in the middle of Kroger Field!
Whoa whoa whoa.  Let’s not get confused. You didn’t say JC was the team to beat (which I wholeheartedly would have agreed with). You said JC will “walk through the playoffs” and “it’s not even close”.  But aside from that. Congrats man. Belfry even on a bad day for them is a hard team to beat. Much more holding them to 14!!! Congrats. I still expect belfry to be in Kroger in about 5 weeks. Unless there is a 3A sleeper I’m missing. 

btw mountain, I’m just busting ya balls. Hold that, ball or Vag, just in case of a Biden victory I don’t want to assume anyone’s gender hahah.
I still stand behind the statement in bold! I hope I’m wrong! It would be fun to watch some good playoff games, but I just don’t see it happening. Good luck to your Hounds in the playoffs. IF, and a big IF, my Golden Eagles don’t somehow win it all I hope Corbin pulls it out! On the Biden statement, Holding these balls like Baker Mayfield all the way to Kroger!  Big Grin
(10-31-2020, 08:58 AM)MountainMamba Wrote: [ -> ]

I still stand behind the statement in bold! I hope I’m wrong! It would be fun to watch some good playoff games, but I just don’t see it happening. Good luck to your Hounds in the playoffs. IF, and a big IF, my Golden Eagles don’t somehow win it all I hope Corbin pulls it out! On the Biden statement, Holding these balls like Baker Mayfield all the way to Kroger!  Big Grin
Haha hahahahahahaha Merica!!!!!!
Way to go Eagles, as always really enjoyed the game and effort of both teams . Now stay focused on the rest of the journey
Good luck to both teams going forward!!

Congratulations on your win JC!! Golden Eagles are playing on a level not seen often in high school football!!!
Congrats JC

I can't lie. That shit is funny
When you see Bobby & his crew on the radio and Mr. West keeping stats.... you know Belfry is in the house. It's always good to see our friends from Pond Creek.

Both teams ooze the Swag of "The Champ is Here" & that is a mindset and attitude they both have earned.
Neither team 'rested players' or any of that non-sense we usually hear. Both teams had their varsity Off. & Def. in the entire game.

Belfry has to be the best three-loss team in the state, in any class.

JC needed this game. No offense to any of the teams we've played so far, but you can't replicate Belfry's speed, size & physicality. JC is playing for a third big golden football provided by the KHSAA. JC only attempted one pass all game, but had no reason to pass though. The defense & special teams turned Belfry over three times and the offense was able to move the football and put points on the board.

Belfry, besides your Pond Creek Nation..... there's not another fan base that wants to see you guys win the 3A state title again like the we do.
See you next October!
Someone mentioned JC showed some weaknesses. I’m just curious as to what people believe they are?
(11-01-2020, 12:27 AM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]Someone mentioned JC showed some weaknesses. I’m just curious as to what people believe they are?
JC was forced to punt once and failed to convert a couple of 4th downs. Also, Belfry held JC to an average of 6 only ypc, which was about half of their average coming into the game.

This JC team lacks the big, rugged FB that most of Coach Matney's teams have featured. That may hurt them against teams that defend the run well like Belfry in short yardage situations but overall team speed and a great OL will make it hard for opponents to capitalize.

Belfry runs an offense that is very similar to JC's offense. I don't expect that the Golden Eagles will see a team as capable of defending against their running attack until and if they meet Boyle County in the playoffs.
(11-01-2020, 01:01 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2020, 12:27 AM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]Someone mentioned JC showed some weaknesses. I’m just curious as to what people believe they are?
JC was forced to punt once and failed to convert a couple of 4th downs. Also, Belfry held JC to an average of 6 only ypc, which was about half of their average coming into the game.

This JC team lacks the big, rugged FB that most of Coach Matney's teams have featured. That may hurt them against teams that defend the run well like Belfry in short yardage situations but overall team speed and a great OL will make it hard for opponents to capitalize.

Belfry runs an offense that is very similar to JC's offense. I don't expect that the Golden Eagles will see a team as capable of defending against their running attack until and if they meet Boyle County in the playoffs.
I agree