Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bring Back Chuke!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd love to see the Dawgs have a good team again. Having played for Coach Williams, I know he's no softy. Goldsmith may be the hometown hero to some, but he'll never turn that team around. So lets' bring Chuke back home. Home to the Dawg Pound. Home to some REAL smash mouth football!!!!
Gee, with all the support you offer the Dawgs, they might as well shut down the football program. You should be ashamed!
Your kidding, right?????
Hey MR. (Just eat your) Sandwich, no one in Lawrence County wants Chuke back so leave it alone. He burned too many bridges when he was there and when he left.
So eat your sandwich that way we can't hear you talk.
RedRaiderNation Wrote:Hey MR. (Just eat your) Sandwich, no one in Lawrence County wants Chuke back so leave it alone. He burned too many bridges when he was there and when he left.
So eat your sandwich that way we can't hear you talk.

Goldsmith won the district twice and went to state semi-finals once all this in less time than Chuke was Head Coach. I honestly believe that in 1990 if Lawrence County hadn't set out of the playoffs they would have made a serious run at the state if not win it. That team was 11-0 had the best defense in the state that year. Billy won big games , Chuke won games he was suppose to win but NEVER a Big game outside of Breathitt which I think was won by our defense and Defensive coach Phillip Ratliff.
RedRaiderNation Wrote:Goldsmith won the district twice and went to state semi-finals once all this in less time than Chuke was Head Coach. I honestly believe that in 1990 if Lawrence County hadn't set out of the playoffs they would have made a serious run at the state if not win it. That team was 11-0 had the best defense in the state that year. Billy won big games , Chuke won games he was suppose to win but NEVER a Big game outside of Breathitt which I think was won by our defense and Defensive coach Phillip Ratliff.

You know I wonder who started the winning ways of the 90's hmmmm let me see oh yes his name was Goildsmith.

Nice way to put it RRN!!!!
Mr. Sandwich Wrote:I'd love to see the Dawgs have a good team again. Having played for Coach Williams, I know he's no softy. Goldsmith may be the hometown hero to some, but he'll never turn that team around. So lets' bring Chuke back home. Home to the Dawg Pound. Home to some REAL smash mouth football!!!!
This Sandwich is for sure a bolonga sandwich and there's no way he's ever been part of this dawgs family . A true dawg would never start something like this I would take this staff any day and I beleive LC may very well be in the states simefinals this year thats how much faith I have in them. And I really don't think this SH:mad: sandwich is even from Lawrence I think it's somebody body from another county close by.
HAHAHAHAHA.......sh#! sandwich...... And yes I am from LC....... I lived here from the time I transferred there from my middle school. I am not LC born, but I was widely accepted in the community. I am just stating my opinion about coach Williams and how he was a great motivator. He didnt care to hurt his players feelings. He just wanted to win. It just seems like after he left, the coaches were too worried if the players liked them or not. I couldn't stand Chuke, but he made me into a better player than I would have ever been at another school, and I respect the hell out of him for that. I guarantee if you were to ask any of the other players that played for him, you would get them exact same response from them. And just for the records, I was one of the most proud Dawgs. I still have dreams of the glory I had on that field. Most of you probably never played, so you don't even have a clue to see your team lose all the time. That's why I want to see Chuke and his flip-flops with socks back on the sidelines! These kids need a motivator. Not a friend.
Mr. Sandwich Wrote:HAHAHAHAHA.......sh#! sandwich...... And yes I am from LC....... I lived here from the time I transferred there from my middle school. I am not LC born, but I was widely accepted in the community. I am just stating my opinion about coach Williams and how he was a great motivator. He didnt care to hurt his players feelings. He just wanted to win. It just seems like after he left, the coaches were too worried if the players liked them or not. I couldn't stand Chuke, but he made me into a better player than I would have ever been at another school, and I respect the hell out of him for that. I guarantee if you were to ask any of the other players that played for him, you would get them exact same response from them. And just for the records, I was one of the most proud Dawgs. I still have dreams of the glory I had on that field. Most of you probably never played, so you don't even have a clue to see your team lose all the time. That's why I want to see Chuke and his flip-flops with socks back on the sidelines! These kids need a motivator. Not a friend.
Your opinion has been heard but I think this is a thread that should have been started during the off season because here we are just starting a new year and like it or not LC isn't going to get rid of anybody and bring in anybody right in the middle of a season . Yes Chuke proved he can win ball games but he never did show any kind of sportmanship of any kind so as a parent and supporter of this team I would rather my son learn a lot about doing the right thing then just about winning because when football is over it's over . So go a head and voice your opinion but don't try and bring this team down because these kids believe in these coaches and now they are just starting to believe in them selfs after firday night . So if you are a true Bulldog fan then get behind this bunch and support them and if the season doesn't go well for you then start this thread back up then.
These kids need a coach-not an abusive foulmouth who thinks its cute to flop around the field with a smoke hangin out of your mouth-what an example!!
[/QUOTE]So go a head and voice your opinion but don't try and bring this team down because these kids believe in these coaches and now they are just starting to believe in them selfs after firday night . So if you are a true Bulldog fan then get behind this bunch and support them and if the season doesn't go well for you then start this thread back up then.[/QUOTE]

I am by no means trying to bring this team down. I just have very little faith in their head coach. I think he makes poor decisions and he is letting these kids think that failure is ok. Failure is ok as long as you give it 110%. Sometimes things just don't work out. I know first hand. But to say that Chuke didn't show any sportsmanship is ridiculous. Them man shoed us the meaning of sportsmanship. Just because you see him on the sidelines from the stands, with his crazy antics, doesn't mean he is a bad influence or supports bad sportsmanship. We all thought the man was an idiot. He was the craziest old man I have ever known. But he was a great coach.
Chuke runs a great offense.I loved it BUT His immoral character and his backstapping of fellow coaches done him it.He tried to cut David Lemaster's throat at Paintsville and it cost him any chance at all to coach there.He could never fit in here now.He did bring some excitement with his offense lets not forget that!!!
So go a head and voice your opinion but don't try and bring this team down because these kids believe in these coaches and now they are just starting to believe in them selfs after firday night . So if you are a true Bulldog fan then get behind this bunch and support them and if the season doesn't go well for you then start this thread back up then.[/quote]

I am by no means trying to bring this team down. I just have very little faith in their head coach. I think he makes poor decisions and he is letting these kids think that failure is ok. Failure is ok as long as you give it 110%. Sometimes things just don't work out. I know first hand. But to say that Chuke didn't show any sportsmanship is ridiculous. Them man shoed us the meaning of sportsmanship. Just because you see him on the sidelines from the stands, with his crazy antics, doesn't mean he is a bad influence or supports bad sportsmanship. We all thought the man was an idiot. He was the craziest old man I have ever known. But he was a great coach.[/quote]

I dont know what your smoking but i knew him on and off the field, and lost all respect for him when he grabbed a certain kid by the face mask. He could even talk top the kids with out cursing. And to say that Goldsmith is telling his kid that failure is ok then I know your not around the program what so ever. Adn Chuke a good sports man yea right that was why he ran the scores up on everyone yea thats good sportsmanship. I can see it if the 2nd and 3rd sting in there but he never did until less then 2 mins togo in the game.
Batpuff Wrote:So go a head and voice your opinion but don't try and bring this team down because these kids believe in these coaches and now they are just starting to believe in them selfs after firday night . So if you are a true Bulldog fan then get behind this bunch and support them and if the season doesn't go well for you then start this thread back up then.

Quote:
Quote: I am by no means trying to bring this team down. I just have very little faith in their head coach. I think he makes poor decisions and he is letting these kids think that failure is ok. Failure is ok as long as you give it 110%. Sometimes things just don't work out. I know first hand. But to say that Chuke didn't show any sportsmanship is ridiculous. Them man shoed us the meaning of sportsmanship. Just because you see him on the sidelines from the stands, with his crazy antics, doesn't mean he is a bad influence or supports bad sportsmanship. We all thought the man was an idiot. He was the craziest old man I have ever known. But he was a great coach.
[/QUOTE]

I dont know what your smoking but i knew him on and off the field, and lost all respect for him when he grabbed a certain kid by the face mask. He could even talk top the kids with out cursing. And to say that Goldsmith is telling his kid that failure is ok then I know your not around the program what so ever. Adn Chuke a good sports man yea right that was why he ran the scores up on everyone yea thats good sportsmanship. I can see it if the 2nd and 3rd sting in there but he never did until less then 2 mins togo in the game.[/quote]
Batpuff Wrote:So go a head and voice your opinion but don't try and bring this team down because these kids believe in these coaches and now they are just starting to believe in them selfs after firday night . So if you are a true Bulldog fan then get behind this bunch and support them and if the season doesn't go well for you then start this thread back up then.

I am by no means trying to bring this team down. I just have very little faith in their head coach. I think he makes poor decisions and he is letting these kids think that failure is ok. Failure is ok as long as you give it 110%. Sometimes things just don't work out. I know first hand. But to say that Chuke didn't show any sportsmanship is ridiculous. Them man shoed us the meaning of sportsmanship. Just because you see him on the sidelines from the stands, with his crazy antics, doesn't mean he is a bad influence or supports bad sportsmanship. We all thought the man was an idiot. He was the craziest old man I have ever known. But he was a great coach.[/quote]

I dont know what your smoking but i knew him on and off the field, and lost all respect for him when he grabbed a certain kid by the face mask. He could even talk top the kids with out cursing. And to say that Goldsmith is telling his kid that failure is ok then I know your not around the program what so ever. Adn Chuke a good sports man yea right that was why he ran the scores up on everyone yea thats good sportsmanship. I can see it if the 2nd and 3rd sting in there but he never did until less then 2 mins togo in the game.[/QUOTE]

This is football we're talking about here for Christ's sake! Who cares if he grabs a kids facemask! The kid was obviously not doing his job and needed to learn it real fast. It sounds like you are trying to baby these kids now. They will never be football players if they are babied.
And about running the scores up. That was sending a message! You don't mess with the Bulldogs!
Since we can't keep this civil....thread closed.