Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell vs Boyd Co thoughts and predictions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Russell will travel to Boyd Co on Friday the 31st. Boyd suffered a disheartening loss to East Carter by the score of 7-0. Russell opened with a win but looked very young and inexperienced in spots. Who will step up and come out with the victory?
Russell.
Russell in a big way.
Not taking away from EAST CARTER but Russell scored more points this Friday than last 2 years combined against GC. Yea Greenup scored on them but we did enough to keep the win. Our first game is usually a low scoring game but our QUESTIONABLE offense with out Kasey Clark did quite well. Returning 1 defensive starter on defense and being young in the deep backs showed but the total game was impressive. You may say somethings about the back-up QB not wanting to hit, but AJ RAN the RB spot well. I think some were even surprised. good job AJ..
Now Boyd is next, they know our system inside and out. look for a tougher game all the way around...
I still like our odds I say :::
Russell 48
Boyd 14

Defense improves a lot over the week and Boyd is a running team.......
Offense hits on 6 of the 8 cylinders early and puts points on the board....
Go Devils, beat the COUNTY.....
I would love to hear from some people that have seem Boyd Co play. What are their strengths and weaknesses?
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Now Boyd is next, they know our system inside and out. look for a tougher game all the way around...

I don't know if they know it that well or not anymore. Lost a few of the coaches like McPeek that knew the system inside and out.
I was as shocked as anyone by Boyd's loss to East. I was really expecting some improvements all around with Coach Evans 2nd year at the helm. I guess what Coach Evans told us was true, they don't have very much this year at all. I just thought he was sandbagging like any good coach, but now I'm not so sure.

Russell's offense seems to have clicked better than I expected. Even if the D still needs work, you have to like Russell in a big way.

Russell - 33
Boyd - 13
Russell should win by 4 td's
Old School Wrote:Russell should win by 4 td's
The last time Russell should have beaten BC by 4 TDs, they went to Cannonsburg and got their butts kicked.
FBALL Wrote:The last time Russell should have beaten BC by 4 TDs, they went to Cannonsburg and got their butts kicked.

Yep a 33-14 loss and the only blemish on Russell's championship season. Never take Boyd lightly.

On a side note it should be interesting before the game. I graduated from Boyd and we are having a tailgate as part of our 20th reunion. I'm sure they are going to love me going in there wearing my Russell colors. Big Grin
Russell 35

Boyd County 14
Midee1 Wrote:Yep a 33-14 loss and the only blemish on Russell's championship season. Never take Boyd lightly.

On a side note it should be interesting before the game. I graduated from Boyd and we are having a tailgate as part of our 20th reunion. I'm sure they are going to love me going in there wearing my Russell colors. Big Grin
That might be fighting words when you walk in there with Russell colors on lol. :redboxer:
Midee1 Wrote:Russell will travel to Boyd Co on Friday the 31st. Boyd suffered a disheartening loss to East Carter by the score of 7-0. Russell opened with a win but looked very young and inexperienced in spots. Who will step up and come out with the victory?
I think that we will be tested in our secondary ,it can use some work,but with time it will get better, so everyone should be aware of the Red Devils will be back to Papa John in Louisville :1: :notworthy
Russell
28 Russell
06 Boyd Co.
animal07 Wrote:I think that we will be tested in our secondary ,it can use some work,but with time it will get better, so everyone should be aware of the Red Devils will be back to Papa John in Louisville :1: :notworthy

I am wondering if anyone has any idea how hard it is to make it to the state game 3 years in a row? Would some of the Belfry folks chime in here and set some of these people straight. From what I saw last Friday unless major good things take place Louisville will not happen again. Just because they went in 05 and 06 does not automatically give you a spot in the state game. You all need to take it one game at a time and realize past performance is not indicative of future performance.
Midee1 Wrote:I am wondering if anyone has any idea how hard it is to make it to the state game 3 years in a row? Would some of the Belfry folks chime in here and set some of these people straight. From what I saw last Friday unless major good things take place Louisville will not happen again. Just because they went in 05 and 06 does not automatically give you a spot in the state game. You all need to take it one game at a time and realize past performance is not indicative of future performance.

I agree they should just concentrate on regular season and worry about all that other when and if they get into the playoffs. I'm sure that Breathitt County or Belfry would like to say something about a return trip for the 3rd time.
Boyd has lots of skill with the Crisp kid and Gatlin Barker. On their offensive line they are young, slow and big. They will pass the ball, but not as much as Greenup Co. The lack of pass protection is what killed them on Friday against East Carter.

They also have the 6 foot 5 inch 280 lb Selby kid playing tight end. He played as a Soph and not as a Jr. According to close sources his taking the 06 seasion off has killed his skill level. BC will be tough but Russell will win if they stick to the game plan and don't become over confident.

BC has the tools to pull the upset, but alot of things have to go wrong for Russell to loose this one.

I say
Russell 49
Boyd Co 28
Russell will win the game, but I dont think it will be a blowout. I think Boyd hangs around for awhile, but Russell puts it away in the end 34-16..
Russell
Well It will be close at first then Russell will pull out my half time score is this

Russell 28 Boyd Co 14 then by games end the final score will be this

Russell 48 Boyd co 28

but our kids need to quit thinking about Louisville cause it will not happen if they keep getting the BIG heads just cause you made it there twice in a row dosen't mean that you will make it there 3 and 4 times in a row, So as anex coach from Russell and having been a part of both state runs I say this, play one game at a time and get Louisville out of your heads for now until it comes Dec. cause if not and you all keep thinking hey we are going back to Louisville again you will find your selves setting in the stands watching the game or at home in School why everyone else is watching the 6 games played this year at state.So GO RED DEVILS AND BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ALL
Trust me. Russell wins by as much as they want !!!!!!
Go Boyd Co.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boyd seems to find a way to beat eventual state champions.

2003 they beat Belfry who went on to win a state championship.

2005 they beat Russell who went on to win a state championship.

I've always told the Boyd Co. fans I would suffer a loss to them to win a state championship..............
Russell should take this one by 4+ Td's.
You all are giving alot of points to a Boyd Co. team that got shut out to East Carter? Russell gave up 3 Td's to Greenup, but when they find somoene to fill that safety spot, I think they will be solid. Maybe bring mitchell in and move one of the corners back or put mitchell at safety might be a solution, with his go up and get the ball ability.
Russell 30-0
EkyLb Wrote:You all are giving alot of points to a Boyd Co. team that got shut out to East Carter? Russell gave up 3 Td's to Greenup, but when they find somoene to fill that safety spot, I think they will be solid. Maybe bring mitchell in and move one of the corners back or put mitchell at safety might be a solution, with his go up and get the ball ability.
The only question about putting Mitchell back at safety would be his ability to come up and support against the run. Against a spread team I am all for it.
I think Russell beats Boyd, and that come Turkey Time us Pirate fans will be traveling up 23 for a reunion. Wink
Here is the Calpreps statistical projection:

PROJECT A MATCHUP

at Boyd County (Ashland, KY)
[2007] Russell (KY) 35, [2007] Boyd County (Ashland, KY) 3

at Russell (KY)

at neutral site

Sarrr Wrote:I think Russell beats Boyd, and that come Turkey Time us Pirate fans will be traveling up 23 for a reunion. Wink
If both teams make it that far Russell would have to travel to Belfry.
Pages: 1 2