Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin @ Wayne County 10/23
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Corbin travels to Wayne County for a battle for home field advantage and first place in District 7. Wayne won both games last year. 

Corbin: Corbin over Knox Central 34-7
            Corbin over Lincoln County 14-8

Wayne: Wayne over Lincoln 52-36
            Knox County game rescheduled for 11/6

Thoughts?
I think this should be a great game. Given home field, gotta go with Wayne County. 35-28. It could be the other way too. It will be a good one, would love to watch it.
Greer and Mills will have a plan. Corbin wins. Sloan is for real, but so is our defense this year.
Coach Mills will be coaching the defense when on the field and off the field on the sideline, something that was missing last year. Marked it down!!!
Hint, hint to the offensive coordinator get the ball to the 3 star, 4 star, Qb, Rb/WR Mills and win district

Corbin 35
Wayne County 21
Like I said before the Lincoln Co game, it all depends on which Corbin offense shows up. It could be a touchdown either way or Corbin by a few scores. The vanilla play calling has to stop, open it up and use the athletes, the defense is good enough to stay on the field most the night they showed it against Lincoln and these kids are used to playing at the higher pace.
I saw where mills had 151 yards rushing and 2 tds last week? since when did he become more of an asset then the 3 and 4 star. I wasn’t at the game but I watched the livestream and that kid has great vision running the ball. Didnt he play quarterback last year? Wonder if he will play there any this year. He’s only been there in the wildcat. Anyway I say corbin pulls it out 35-14 and greer has a defense ready to shut the Sloan train down!!! But go colonels also lol
Corbin Seth Mills is the most improved player I have ever watched play from freshman to junior year. The Kid is a baller best offensive player in this area.
Well like someone else said, it depends on which Corbin shows up. And I honestly don’t know which one will??? So I’m not gonna make a prediction, but IMO it depends on the scenario, mainly two of them.

If our OC calls the play like he did against LC, and Bwood, it’ll be a low scoring game, and our odds of winning it is about 45%. I don’t think we will hold them scoreless, but I think our D keeps them in check enough to give us a chance to win the game, but if like I said, playing calling on offense is like it was, we won’t be doing our D any favors and chances of a W go down!!

Now, if we show up and get playing calling like we did against KC, I’d feel confident that we have about an 85% chance of winning. I don’t think Wayne lost too much from last year. At best I’d say they are the same or a tad better, but I’d really have to do my research to confirm that. But that being said, those games last year were actually pretty close and somewhat back and forth. This year, I know we are better. Our D is light years ahead of what we were last year. So Wayne putting up 40+ is not likely to me. I just don’t see Greer or Mills giving up that many to anyone (outside of our offense just doing them no favors at all). That bodes obviously in our favor with our D. But on the flip side, we lost Haddix. So us putting up 40+ isn’t likely either. But I have seen our offense clicking and what they can do when we aren’t running 1980 to offense. Haha. So in the game of odds, I’d have us putting a high score, 40+ rather than them, although I don’t think either will happen, especially with Greer back on the sideline.

I said I wasn’t going to make a prediction, and I guess it’s really not much of one, but here it goes:

Corbin O.C. Not showing up- Wayne 21 Corbin 13.

Corbin O.C. Showing up- Corbin 38 Wayne 14.

Offensive keys: establish the run if it’s there, to open up the pass. BUT DONT FORCE IT! Too many other weapons to go 3 and out running all game.

-don’t force it to the WR, we have to many weapons to try and thread the needle on every play, someone will be open.

-combs can’t be afraid to make a mistake, trust the D and go out and do what he does.

-if this game goes like the rest, the 10-25 yard pass in the middle will be open. So quit running post plays every time we pass!!!

-don’t play from behind on field position like we did against LC.

Defense: obviously keep Sloan in check. I’ll take another bend don’t break scenario again with him.

-we have to cut down the big yardage plays this week.

-we cant over penetrate on the D line, because Sloan will go all the way to the sideline to find a gap.

-don’t get beat in the secondary. They have a good run game, don’t give their offense another tool by getting beat!

-wrap up and hold on, helps coming.

-Stop the mental mistakes on both sides!! Play with your ability not your MOUTH! A personal foul could be game winner if our O don’t show up
(10-18-2020, 05:06 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]Corbin Seth Mills is the most improved player I have ever watched play from freshman to junior year.  The Kid is a baller best offensive player in this area.

He’s def improved! A lot! I don’t know if I would call him the most I’ve seen. A QB from our 2018 runner up team comes to mind. 

but with that said, I wouldn’t want to be a defender against him, he’s quick with good vision. That’s the formula for a dangerous player. #4 well is also the same caliber that has joined our ranks. We’ve just not got to see a whole lot of him. *cough cough* OC!! 

We also need Patterson to start putting up some numbers. He hasn’t been awful by any means, and I know he’s getting double teamed a lot, but there is several passes lately that have hit him he should have caught. He’s going to have to show the ability to catch the difficult ball, because he’s not gonna find much space out there. Luckily he’s 6”3 6”4, go vertical and get it!! I know he can, and he’ll come around.
I think this is going to be a very good game. Corbin will have the upper hand as they will bring a run tuff Defense to match a run tuff offense. Should be a exciting game with all the playmakers on the field. I look for Corbin to be a different animal on the offense in this game.

Corbin 35

Wayne 21
I like Corbin 21-14.
(10-19-2020, 11:13 AM)BEChargers Wrote: [ -> ]I like Corbin 21-14.

That may be a more realistic score. If our Offense two weeks ago shows itself, we can score a lot.
Is there a game web site where you can watch live?
What are the rules on ticket sales for this game.
As far as I know, I haven’t heard anything yet.
(10-19-2020, 12:29 PM)back country Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a game web site where you can watch live?
Possibly. T107.com, but it’s $20!!! But I don’t know if they will do away games. It’s our first. Maybe Wayne might have something
Corbin by 2 touchdowns in this one. Wayne County always has a tough group of players that compete hard. They obviously need a huge game out of Braedon Sloan.
21-20 or 22-21. Toss up. Could flip in playoffs. Hounds have to get ball in playmakers hands. They also have to slow Slone down. Wayne has to step up on defense.
This will be another good game. I'll take the hounds by a flitter hair!
(10-19-2020, 09:35 PM)Oledad92 Wrote: [ -> ]This will be another good game. I'll take the hounds by a flitter hair!

What exactly is a flitter hair? Can you send me a picture?

(10-19-2020, 01:55 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-19-2020, 12:29 PM)back country Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a game web site where you can watch live?
Possibly. T107.com, but it’s $20!!! But I don’t know if they will do away games. It’s our first. Maybe Wayne might have something

The $20 don’t really perturb me, it’s the constant loading and missing key parts of the game while everything refreshes, and it’s not on my end either it’s whoever is streaming the game!!!
(10-20-2020, 02:02 AM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-19-2020, 09:35 PM)Oledad92 Wrote: [ -> ]This will be another good game. I'll take the hounds by a flitter hair!

What exactly is a flitter hair?  Can you send me a picture? 
Hang on I'll try to cough one up LOL
(10-20-2020, 02:02 AM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]

What exactly is a flitter hair?  Can you send me a picture?

(10-19-2020, 01:55 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]

The $20 don’t really perturb me, it’s the constant loading and missing key parts of the game while everything refreshes, and it’s not on my end either it’s whoever is streaming the game!!!
Oh it’s def not on your end! Mine does the same thing as well!! And I have 400mbs on speed test
Is Sloan going to play? Heard he hurt his foot and was a big part of why they elected to postpone last weeks game.
People are doubting Wayne. Record isn't everything. Sloan, Weaver, Simpson, and Shelton will show up. Sloan always seems to thrive in big games. No disrespect to the Hounds but I got Wayne county 42- 38. If the O- line for the Cards show up, and the D-line causes problems they shouldn't have a issue winning.
No doubting Wayne here. I know how good Sloan is, I brag on him all the time. I agree, JC last year in the Playoffs didn’t see the full potential of Wayne due to the injury early in the game. I also know if any 4A team has a chance to slow him down it’s Corbin. Our defense ain’t the same as last year. If we give up 63 points this year, I’ll wear a Wayne County Jersey lol. It will be a dog fight, and good luck to both teams.
Tickets aren't being sold to the public for Fridays game as Wayne County is a "red" county. You can listen to the game on WFLW FM 95.7, kickoff at 7:30.
Can you see the field from outside the fence at Wayne in case someone wanted to watch from there parking lot?
(10-21-2020, 04:49 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Can you see the field from outside the fence at Wayne in case someone wanted to watch from there parking lot?
Yes you can, I would recommend getting there early as possible. Seems to fill up quick in that area.
Wayne is about as stiff of competition as four day old work socks for anybody. & I've went against Corbin before and ended up kicking rocks. so doing it again would almost be like looking at a pair of lop sided Kim McGuire titties while she's holding a shovel ready to slap me into playoff week 1.
So is the Wayne county live stream radio or Tv?
Pages: 1 2