Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Preseason Rank the 14th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I know, Its early but i would to see everyones opioin on the upcoming season. Rank your own 14th region in the way you see them this season.
MVP2 Wrote:I know, Its early but i would to see everyones opioin on the upcoming season. Rank your own 14th region in the way you see them this season.

1. Hazard
2. Breathitt
3. JBS
4. Buckhorn
5. PCC
From what I saw this summer, it looks to me like
it's JBS...and everybody else scrounging around
for crumbs...
Survivor Wrote:1. Hazard
2. Breathitt
3. JBS
4. Buckhorn
5. PCC

I dont know bout Hazard being #1 yet, but I heard that new sophmore( Bell Co I think) they got is pure shooter and will the next J Hicks for the Dawgs,but with Jones and Campbell back they should be a contender in the 14th.
From what I hear, JBS is without Collins, and Cox.... I heard their at Hazard under new head coach Al Holland!
after the summer jbs has n 6 very key players back they have to be the favs whether we like it or not
OCHS_Fan Wrote:From what I hear, JBS is without Collins, and Cox.... I heard their at Hazard under new head coach Al Holland!

Both Collins and Cox are still at JBS!
What does Hazard have that JBS doesnt. I just dont see how Hazard is better after they lost Hicks and whoever else to graduation. JBS still has a solid lineup. Don't they return all starter's?
oh ok thx for clearing that up for me...but i think hazard will be number one this season.....
Hazard has a couple of new transfers from Bell.
boys...jbs will b preseason# 1 n the region n preseason top 25 n state
1. JBS
2. JBS
3. JBS
4. JBS
5. JBS

In other words my friends it's JBS! everyone else is playing for 2nd place. Just my opinion
This year in the 14th will be very exciting imo, JBS will be tough and is # 1 right now & will be for a long time if they share they ball and play like they did in the Region but if they play like they did in District and its a Stepp show then they wont be #1 for long.There are alot of tanleted teams this year that can be just as good as JBS.My top 5 is...

1.JBS
2.Buckhorn
3.Hazard
4.Breathitt
5.PCC
*Cordia is the team to watch out for imo in 07-08 they got the two big guys back in Taylor and Noble and sleeper player Mosley that can flat out shoot only problem for the Lions is depth.
Luke The Drifter Wrote:1. JBS
2. JBS
3. JBS
4. JBS
5. JBS

In other words my friends it's JBS! everyone else is playing for 2nd place. Just my opinion

JBS should be good but get real!!! They wont be unbeatable!!!
i think Hazard and JBS both will have a tough time this season with the likes of breathit and buckhorn
i agree it will be tough for any team to play Breathitt, but buckhorn i wouldnt put in there because of te loss of Jake Rice, yea they got Gay, but rice was the big man
Well, I have already been informed by one of JBS's players that not only are they going back to Rupp this year but they are going to make it to the Final 4. He even wanted to bet money on it. And they wonder why nobody likes them.....
id like to hazard a guess on wh o that player is lol...
I can't believe some people have Hazard #1. They couldn't win it with Justin Hicks let alone without him. I'd say its gonna look about like this.

1. JBS - return all of their key players
2. Breathitt - good players with lots of experience
3. Buckhorn - return some great players in Gay and Blank

And the rest of the spots are up for grabs. I would say Knott, Perry, Hazard, and Powell will be contending for the next few spots and could possibly surprise some people within the season.
Card_Fan Wrote:I can't believe some people have Hazard #1. They couldn't win it with Justin Hicks let alone without him. I'd say its gonna look about like this.

1. JBS - return all of their key players
2. Breathitt - good players with lots of experience
3. Buckhorn - return some great players in Gay and Blank

And the rest of the spots are up for grabs. I would say Knott, Perry, Hazard, and Powell will be contending for the next few spots and could possibly surprise some people within the season.

Coaching means a lot high school bb. I do believe that Hazard was as good or better than JBS last year, but they were weak in leadership from the coaching staff. If Al Holland would have been their coach last year I think you would have seen the same result when Hicks was a junior and led Hazard to the 14th region title.

Hazard will be good and can win the region. The two transfers from Bell Co was a big boost for Hazard and coach Holland. I think without those transfers it would have been a long season for the Dawgs, but with Whitaker running the point they will have a chance to win the region.

uk96

JBS returns their top 6 players and they have improved this summer. They also got a very good transfer in that will be a freshman. They will be very deep at all spots this year if needed. If JBS plays the kind of ball they are capable of they will be hard to beat this year. Hazard is much better with the Whitaker kid and Buckhorn and Breathitt both should have good teams this year.
uk96 Wrote:JBS returns their top 6 players and they have improved this summer. They also got a very good transfer in that will be a freshman. They will be very deep at all spots this year if needed. If JBS plays the kind of ball they are capable of they will be hard to beat this year. Hazard is much better with the Whitaker kid and Buckhorn and Breathitt both should have good teams this year.

Whose is the transfer?
MVP2 Wrote:Whose is the transfer?

I heard it was a STEPP!Smile
Godspeed Wrote:What does Hazard have that JBS doesnt. I just dont see how Hazard is better after they lost Hicks and whoever else to graduation. JBS still has a solid lineup. Don't they return all starter's?

of course they still have all the starters remember they are all 18 yr old freshman and sophamores. DUH!!!!!!!

uk96

sassy Wrote:of course they still have all the starters remember they are all 18 yr old freshman and sophamores. DUH!!!!!!!

This would be impossible because you cant be 16 before Aug 1st of your freshman year and still be elgible.
not all of jbs's kids are holdbacks...hall is actually a young junior..wont turn 17 till nxt yr
uk96 Wrote:This would be impossible because you cant be 16 before Aug 1st of your freshman year and still be elgible.

No, you can't be 19 before Aug 1st of your senior year. I have heard from a very reliable source that Tate Cox will be 19 in July going into his senior year!
Get real and stop writing things in which u have no clue.
I thought this was a thread of preseason rankings...not age groups...stick with the subject.

1.JBS
2.Hazard
3.Breathitt
4.Buckhorn
5.PCC
6.Estill
7.Powell
Survivor Wrote:No, you can't be 19 before Aug 1st of your senior year. I have heard from a very reliable source that Tate Cox will be 19 in July going into his senior year!

Its by the first day of school and he turns 19 on aug 2
Pages: 1 2 3