Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pike County goes red
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[/url]

[Image: 0Ucuiqsn_bigger.jpg]

Mountain Top Sports

@sports_MtM

·
[url=https://twitter.com/sports_MtM/status/1316849247057215491]1h

BREAKING NEWS...
With Pike County having moved into the red zone on the state's metric map, all teams are suspended from participating in playing games beginning Monday, Oct. 19.
Starting Monday all athletics are seizing for two weeks. That’s unfortunate
At this time Pike County has called off all activities for one week only at this time.
Slightly off topic. I don't live in Kentucky anymore, I have been seeing a lot of stuff on counties being red or other colors. What does this all mean? What does each color mean?
(10-15-2020, 08:43 PM)Jarons Wrote: [ -> ]Slightly off topic.  I  don't live in Kentucky anymore, I have been seeing a lot of stuff on counties being red or other colors. What does this all mean? What does each color mean?
(10-15-2020, 08:48 PM)T-CATS Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-15-2020, 08:43 PM)Jarons Wrote: [ -> ]Slightly off topic.  I  don't live in Kentucky anymore, I have been seeing a lot of stuff on counties being red or other colors. What does this all mean? What does each color mean?
It’s a BS system that has been put together that they measure cases per 100,000 people. If your county average is more than 25 cases per 100,000 a day for a week than you have to shutdown everything til the following week. They update it every Thursday for the next week.
^When a county turns red,does that mean all extracurricular activities stop in that particular county? Is it up to the individual school? I'm seeing a lot of red counties on the map still playing.
I watched some high school football on tv this past weekend ...from the state of Georgia. They had 10 thousand in the stands and no masks anywhere. Why is it so deferent in this state? I know...we all know
(10-15-2020, 09:16 PM)F-N 1980 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-15-2020, 08:48 PM)T-CATS Wrote: [ -> ]
It’s a BS system that has been put together that they measure cases per 100,000 people. If your county average is more than 25 cases per 100,000 a day for a week than you have to shutdown everything til the following week. They update it every Thursday for the next week.

Sounds like a very moronic thing. Many of these kids need sports. Shutting everything down is not good for anybody. At least you have sports right now. North Carolina will not play fall sports until January. My son is one of these people who need sports, he does better in school with the extra structure. Only thing he has right now is club soccer practice and that's getting old.
I don't understand something if they are deemed a red county now while are they waiting 3 or 4 days before suspending athletic activity?
(10-15-2020, 07:34 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ][/url]

[Image: 0Ucuiqsn_bigger.jpg]

Steve's gotta be instep with Joe, you know ?

Mountain Top Sports

@sports_MtM

[url=https://twitter.com/sports_MtM]
·

BREAKING NEWS...
With Pike County having moved into the red zone on the state's metric map, all teams are suspended from participating in playing games beginning Monday, Oct. 19.
Congratulations Pike County Boe you’re now officially members of the coronabro society of America. Governor Andy Beshear will be so proud of you now.
It's an unfortunate system because a team can be suspended when there are no positive cases in the school system at all - its all based on the community. It's especially tough for small, rural counties, where it can take just a hand full of positive cases to push you over the threshold.

I know that McLean Co is now in the red, but there has only been one confirmed positive case in the entire McLean school system & that was at an elementary school - not the high school. I just think its not very fair to the kids. If there is a small outbreak at a local nursing home it cancels high school football; makes no sense to me. I can see that if the county is in red you have to restrict attendance within the community, but unless there is a problem in the actual school the kids should be able to play IMO.
So Pike County is Red for one day and the coronabros go crazy and cancel everything beginning today? Ever since the over reaction Pike County has been in the Orange and their numbers as of yesterday was 17.8. Now they look like a bunch on idiot fear mongers. Kudos to Pikeville Independent for sticking with their support to their kids and sticking their finger up to the the coronabros in Pike County and our states flawed map.
(10-15-2020, 09:19 PM)Jarons Wrote: [ -> ]^When a county turns red,does that mean all extracurricular activities stop in that particular county? Is it up to the individual school? I'm seeing a lot of red counties on the map still playing.
I wouldn't judge what we do down here in Georgia as smart. We have no coherent path for anything safety-related.

This sums up our attitude

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4956349]
(10-19-2020, 10:40 AM)AtlPirateFan Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-15-2020, 09:19 PM)Jarons Wrote: [ -> ]^When a county turns red,does that mean all extracurricular activities stop in that particular county? Is it up to the individual school? I'm seeing a lot of red counties on the map still playing.
I wouldn't judge what we do down here in Georgia as smart. We have no coherent path for anything safety-related.

It’s called freedom of the people to choose what they want to do and how they want to live their life. If you’re scared of a virus that has a 99.6% survival rate just stay in your basement for the rest of your life and stop criticizing people who choose to live their life. Give me liberty, or give me death!
^^^Exactly 100% correct Ralph.
Yeah, they went into a panic and the next day it drops. Way to go BOE  ;)
what kills me is the DemocRats say we trust the science. But they also say, in regards to a vaccine, that they don't trust anything Trump says or does. So you don't really trust the science do ya dems. Oh and a vaccine was just released today by Pfizer.

and just so i can trigger someone, I voted today. Thank you state of Michigan for allowing me to go my local clerk of the court and casting my vote. Straight ticket RED. Today i voted for the constitution of the united states.

was in the great state of Kentucky last week. Took a beautiful drive through Eastern and South Eastern Ky. I do certainly miss it. Kentuckians are always on my mind.

I totally disagree with you.

Georgia actually is trending well above what most other states are. No "red" counties. Basically sustained decreasing metrics in everything that matters all the while with a rebounding economy sparked by lifting the harshest restrictions early on.

Georgia is actually a good example of giving people freedom and watching them be pretty self aware. Very high mask usage in public indoor areas, responsible and widely accepted stances on public gatherings, cautious but not handicapping stances toward getting back to work and school in person.

Would you rather have what's going on in Georgia or say Michigan? 

Two states with polar opposite approaches but with basically the exact same metrics (basically the same population and COVID impact). One state (Georgia) has a substantially better quality of life and substantially better track for the economy.
Pike Counties new number today is 14.8. They were in the red for one day at 25.9 and have been in the orange since last Friday but Reed Adkins and the rest of the coronabros at the Pike County Boe have still cancelled games this week. It’s time to vote the board members out that went along with him. Pike County needs a superintendent who will not bow to the liberal fear mongers in Frankfort and one that will support kids in Pike County who want to have a normal life.
(10-19-2020, 08:52 AM)Ralph Furley Wrote: [ -> ]So Pike County is Red for one day and the coronabros go crazy and cancel everything beginning today? Ever since the over reaction Pike County has been in the Orange and their  numbers as of yesterday was 17.8. Now they look like a bunch on idiot fear mongers. Kudos to Pikeville Independent for sticking with their support to their kids and sticking their finger up to the the coronabros in Pike County and our states flawed map.
You got it right Ralph. Too many people bowing these days.
(10-19-2020, 05:29 PM)EKUAlum05 Wrote: [ -> ]

I totally disagree with you.

Georgia actually is trending well above what most other states are. No "red" counties. Basically sustained decreasing metrics in everything that matters all the while with a rebounding economy sparked by lifting the harshest restrictions early on.

Georgia is actually a good example of giving people freedom and watching them be pretty self aware. Very high mask usage in public indoor areas, responsible and widely accepted stances on public gatherings, cautious but not handicapping stances toward getting back to work and school in person.

Would you rather have what's going on in Georgia or say Michigan? 

Two states with polar opposite approaches but with basically the exact same metrics (basically the same population and COVID impact). One state (Georgia) has a substantially better quality of life and substantially better track for the economy.

Well i can honestly tell ya this gov here in Michigan is a absolute disgrace and a tool !!!

Well i can honestly tell ya this gov here in Michigan is a absolute disgrace and a tool !!!
So if pike county stays in the orange all week does that mean that Belfry and Pike Central might be able to play. I heard that it would be ip to the teams