Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East Ridge vs. Grundy, Va
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Aug. 31 at East Ridge

What are everyones predictions?

East Ridge is 1-0(deafting Phelps 27-0)
Grundy is 0-1(losing to Haysi 48-0)
I'mgoing to have to say grundy by a few
Grundy lost to Haysi by that much? They must be down from what they have been in the past.
East Ridge
Gosh.. Didnt ER lose to Haysi 21-0? Im going with ER on this because Grundy is having a big time down year.
I'm taking Grundy, but I wouldn't be surprised if East Ridge won.

Grundy- 35
E. Ridege- 26
East Ridge
ER-21
Grundy-6
pillsburythrowboy Wrote:Grundy lost to Haysi by that much? They must be down from what they have been in the past.

My thoughts exactly, I know 4 or 5 years ago they were a very tough team.
Old School Wrote:My thoughts exactly, I know 4 or 5 years ago they were a very tough team.

They looked like a team that had never been on the field before with each other Friday night.....there's a virus there called "quitting" that has also raised it's head and took 2 players both starters.....A lot of young talent on the Grundy team like East Ridge,there a young team but have a lot of talent on it that will have to be nurtured....If they dont get there act together between now and Friday Coach B will be 2-0.....
er needs this, coach b and the warriors starting off 2-0 will be huge, especially since the school has never acomplished that.
Im also surprised that grundy season started this early. We usually opened there season which was like the second week of our season. Man back about 4 years ago Grundy was great!
Pillsbury & Cline - we aren't down any from last year (read on).

Cline - yeah, but 21-0 was only 2 quarters.

Pills - We always start "this early" - KY is actually starting a week later this year.

That said, yeah, we're STILL down. We were in the state semis in '02 with 10 wins, lost the Regional title in 2003 to a team whose star player is in the NFL now (Ahmad Bradshaw - NY Giants), and went 9-1 in 2004 before the bottom fell out. We opened the playoffs at home against a team we'd beat 2 weeks earlier and got shut out. Went 2-8 in 2005, and, I know you'll find this EXTREMELY hard to believe, but our ONLY win last year was against, let's see, some ranked, undefeated Ky. team.

We're starting 4 Frosh this year, and from what I heard at the Hurley game Sat. night, looked fair vs. a Haysi team that's picked to win their District (but won't - long story). Had a really bad start and was down 21-0 just 5:00 in, which makes it hard to keep focused the rest of the way. They had 3 TD's of 45+ yards - 1 running, 1 passing, 1 punt ret. Top 3 rushers were 260 on 16 for an avg. of 16 ypc.

No one's expecting us to do much this year, and all eyes are on our closest District rival, which won state last year, so I don't see a big push behind the boys. Considering ER is looking to make some history, I'd have to give them the edge by a TD.
VHSL-helper Wrote:Pillsbury & Cline - we aren't down any from last year (read on).

Cline - yeah, but 21-0 was only 2 quarters.

Pills - We always start "this early" - KY is actually starting a week later this year.

That said, yeah, we're STILL down. We were in the state semis in '02 with 10 wins, lost the Regional title in 2003 to a team whose star player is in the NFL now (Ahmad Bradshaw - NY Giants), and went 9-1 in 2004 before the bottom fell out. We opened the playoffs at home against a team we'd beat 2 weeks earlier and got shut out. Went 2-8 in 2005, and, I know you'll find this EXTREMELY hard to believe, but our ONLY win last year was against, let's see, some ranked, undefeated Ky. team.

We're starting 4 Frosh this year, and from what I heard at the Hurley game Sat. night, looked fair vs. a Haysi team that's picked to win their District (but won't - long story). Had a really bad start and was down 21-0 just 5:00 in, which makes it hard to keep focused the rest of the way. They had 3 TD's of 45+ yards - 1 running, 1 passing, 1 punt ret. Top 3 rushers were 260 on 16 for an avg. of 16 ypc.

No one's expecting us to do much this year, and all eyes are on our closest District rival, which won state last year, so I don't see a big push behind the boys. Considering ER is looking to make some history, I'd have to give them the edge by a TD.

We played 4 10 min quarters.
This game will be broadcast on 93.1 WDHR
East Ridge 21
Grundy 8

Good luck to the Warriors and Coach B!
ER 14 Grundy 12...good luck to the warriors.
Grundy
warriorpride Wrote:We played 4 10 min quarters.

oops, I had VA-side cap on.
Guess now I'll have to make it ER by 2 TD's. (might see me by there tomorrow)