Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: North Hardin 21 Belfry 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Pond Creek

Pirates took a 20-14 lead with 3:44 left in the game and that winded up being just enough time for NH to put a game winning drive together.

Special teams was the difference in this one. Great game by both teams.

Congrats Trojans!
Belfry Played great against good team, wish it wouldnt have ended with the missed extra point..
Belfry took a huge step forward tonight. Unbelievable game plan tonight by Haywood.
Missed XP and field position proved greater than a beautiful gameplan.

A long kickoff return set NH up for their 3rd score and the missed XP proved the difference. Belfry also lost the field position battle in the punt game aiding another NH score .

Coleman and Dixon made some believers tonight against a legit defense.

Lavell Wright was as good as advertised as was the MLB Lunz.
At lot of y'all had NH winning big. NH is really good & the "real deal" But so is belfry. It sucks losing by 1 but what can ya do. Y'all winners in my book.
Hang them swords high boys
For Belfry... this game doesn't change the fact their defense is not at Championship level, but it does prove their offense is almost there even without additional options besides Dixon and Coleman.

The OL played their butts off. Not sure any 3A team could have held Belfry under 40 points tonight.
We’ve gotten way better since 9-11. That’s a sign of a well coached team and kids committed to the cause. I’m not one for moral victories and this isn’t one in my opinion. We dictated the pace, the line of scrimmage, and the sp team game came up a little short.

I may ruffle feathers on this one and if so, so be it. If all of 6A is as soft as North Hardin you might as well just crown Trinity right now. They’re slow off the ball, poorly coached, and luckily had more depth than a 3A team who by numbers should be playing 2A. They were not impressive at all. Johnson Central would turn them against the game of football and match them athlete for athlete in my honest opinion. They might even have more athletes lurking. That’s just being honest.

Change my mind.
(10-10-2020, 12:32 AM)BoondockSaint Wrote: [ -> ]We’ve gotten way better since 9-11.  That’s a sign of a well coached team and kids committed to the cause.  I’m not one for moral victories and this isn’t one in my opinion.  We dictated the pace, the line of scrimmage, and the sp team game came up a little short. 

I may ruffle feathers on this one and if so, so be it.  If all of 6A is as soft as North Hardin you might as well just crown Trinity right now.  They’re slow off the ball, poorly coached, and luckily had more depth than a 3A team who by numbers should be playing 2A.  They were not impressive at all.  Johnson Central would turn them against the game of football and match them athlete for athlete in my honest opinion.  They might even have more athletes lurking.  That’s just being honest. 

Change my mind.

Driving 4 hours on a bus and beating Belfry in Pond Creek is really impressive. I don't care who you are.

I don't think North Hardin is elite or near the same level of a Trinity. But then again, no one else in the state is either. JMO.
It is always a process with Coach Hayward. He will have them ready to make another run to Kroger field again this year. They always continue to improve through the year.
BlackcatAlum, we’ll agree to disagree.

The #2 team in the entire state “luckily” getting a win against one of the weaker Belfry teams of the decade isn’t an impressive victory. We should’ve won, didn’t, they earned the win but we controlled the entire game in every facet.

It’s either indicative of how good the football played in Pike and Johnson county is or it shows how much the rest of the state aside from T, H, and M, have lost their footing.

I’d like to know what’s what.
Belfry is still pretty good at football.
(10-10-2020, 01:39 AM)BoondockSaint Wrote: [ -> ]BlackcatAlum, we’ll agree to disagree.

The #2 team in the entire state “luckily” getting a win against one of the weaker Belfry teams of the decade isn’t an impressive victory.  We should’ve won, didn’t, they earned the win but we controlled the entire game in every facet.

It’s either indicative of how good the football played in Pike and Johnson county is or it shows how much the rest of the state aside from T, H, and M, have lost their footing. 

I’d like to know what’s what.

I certainly don't think North Hardin is second best team in the state.

North Hardin has mostly benefitted from the hype surrounding the Frederick Douglass game they had week 1 and the D1 caliber players both programs currently have. Having a few great players will win you games, but when the other 7 or 8 guys are getting outplayed you're going to struggle beating well rounded fundamental football teams like Belfry.

Belfry might drop off skill wise from time to time, but they're always tough and do their jobs well and it's because of coaching. That's what separates the traditionally elite programs from the rest.
I told everyone that NH was overrated.
Great effort by the Pirates.  Belfry is getting better...but still need HELP in the backfield.   Belfry is still the best 3A has to offer at this point
(10-09-2020, 10:44 PM)cuppett777 Wrote: [ -> ]Belfry Played great against good team, wish it wouldnt have  ended with the missed extra point..

If there’s one consolation for you, at least it wasn’t in the Title Game by a kicker who hadn’t missed all year.  Shy
(10-10-2020, 01:08 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote: [ -> ]Great effort by the Pirates.  Belfry is getting better...but still need HELP in the backfield.   Belfry is still the best 3A has to offer at this point
The same HELP you desire is the same HELP blocking for Dixon to a potential Mr Football title. The HELP you desire only hurts Dixon’s numbers if they HELP with yardage and touchdowns. Be continent Belfry is a good team playing tough competition, last years team also had 3 losses and we know how that worked out!
COACHITALL Wrote:
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Great effort by the Pirates.  Belfry is getting better...but still need HELP in the backfield.   Belfry is still the best 3A has to offer at this point
The same HELP you desire is the same HELP blocking for Dixon to a potential Mr Football title. The HELP you desire only hurts Dixon’s numbers if they HELP with yardage and touchdowns. Be continent Belfry is a good team playing tough competition, last years team also had 3 losses and we know how that worked out!
 I'm as big of a Dixon fan there is.  Great kid.....great back.    However.....the Pirates need help in the backfield.  Dixon is a beast...but he's is gonna breakdown without others carrying some of the load.   Not worried about the losses.....because they'll hit their stride come mid November.  But they've got to get some additional help.   This isn't about a Mr. Football award.  If it were to come...then great.  This is about hoisting up another State Title.    chill out.
(10-10-2020, 03:03 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote: [ -> ]
COACHITALL Wrote:
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:Great effort by the Pirates.  Belfry is getting better...but still need HELP in the backfield.   Belfry is still the best 3A has to offer at this point
 I'm as big of a Dixon fan there is.  Great kid.....great back.    However.....the Pirates need help in the backfield.  Dixon is a beast...but he's is gonna breakdown without others carrying some of the load.   Not worried about the losses.....because they'll hit their stride come mid November.  But they've got to get some additional help.   This isn't about a Mr. Football award.  If it were to come...then great.  This is about hoisting up another State Title.    chill out.
I will say, Mr. Coleman was a bad, bad, man when asked to take on the load of running the ball last night.

Belfry just put film that is going to cause 3A teams to spend an entire extra day of gameplanning if not more. The key now is to figure out what adjustment they plan to make to account for that old school offense look and have a counter punch waiting when they need it.
First thing...Belfry's game plan was excellent. Only a couple of special teams errors and this one is possibly a different outcome. Zero passes completed downfield for NH unless you say the 14 yarder on an important 4th down was. Holding NH to under 190 yards of total offense was big while rushing for over 285 and scoring more than anyone else has against them. The trajectory of this Belfry team went way upward with this performance and what they have returning from injury.

Dixon needs help for sure, but Coleman has definitely emerged as a threat. Now here is the good news. The kids coming back, some for sure this week. Seth Mounts possibly back for two quarters. Rudy Blackwell back. Jake Varney back. Kyle Webb maybe returning after being out two weeks with a concussion. Plus the addition of the new guys in Zach Savage, who already started making plays from the D line, and Chase Smith, another big body who came in and played some OL last night. All of a sudden the lack of depth and size up front on D is much better. The end depth is much better with Lowe, Spears, Brown and Rudy playing, and you have a dependable 2 headed FB with Webb and Copley.

Then you throw in the formation with Dixon at FB with the overloaded power look and you have the makings for a team built for 3A playoffs. If Belfry hangs on to the ball like they did for the most part last night, only one last second pass turnover, then watch out.
(10-10-2020, 03:17 AM)Real Badman Wrote: [ -> ]I told everyone that NH was overrated.
I believed you pal. Nobody wanna see the truth!

Like I've been saying all along and I will preach it like the good book. Every team will play different on any given night. That's football..

Look at it like a good Louisville team coming into rupp an barely escaping we all know how that turns out in the long run.

Given a rematch I'll take belfry every time. Why? Tradition never dies. & Haywood is a living legend. NH is a really good football team. Really good! They don't know yet But y'all know them mountains build champions. NH feel lucky fellas, because very few teams escape pond creek with a win so count your blessings. Pirates keep working an continue to let those doubt you.
I still believe Belfry is a good football team, still #1 in 3A at this point.
I still believe North Hardin is a good football team, still #2 in 6A at this point.
Most definitely believe you can hand the 6A trophy to Trinity
Saw Belfry's new uniforms. Not the same without the block BELFRY across the chest.