Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Somerset @ Danville 10/9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who get's the win and why?

Somerset 4-0 and Danville 3-0. Danville is much improved is it enough to overcome Somerset. Will Grundy Play? Can Somerset cut down on their penalties ? Game at Danville. I will take Somerset to win 28-14
I think Danville plays them closer than in years past??? Not enough film on Danville to back up some of the verbal hype. I think everyone wants Danville back but whether they are or not is still to be seen. Definitley the best team Somerset has faced yet especially since their game with Beechwood was cancelled.
If Somerset comes out focused then Danville still don't have enough guns for the fight.

If Somerset plays like they did this past week with numerous penalties and mental errors, then Danville can give them a solid fight.
Somerset wins big
Jumpers banged up after a physical game with hazard. On that note Hazard will be a terror next year. Danville beat Hazard 28-17, Somerset beat Hazard 42-13 without Grundy and some key players after half, but this a old rivalry and Danville is one year away. Somerset looks to have everyone, but Cooper back Friday. If Somerset cleans up mental mistakes it will be a long night for the Ads. If not it will be with in 2 scores. I'll take Jumpers 40-13.
Jumpers 42
ADS18
Somerset
Somerset 35 Danville 14, it will be close in the first half and Somerset will pull away 3rd quarter
How much did somerset lose from last years squad?
Number was 24, but only 10 saw the field, actually got to play. They return 7-8 each side or something like that.
Briar Jumpers win it 35-21.
(10-05-2020, 10:01 PM)foozeball80 Wrote: [ -> ]Number was 24, but only 10 saw the field, actually got to play. They return 7-8 each side or something like that.
That's enough to convince me. Somerset rolls.
You guys seem confident,  Somerset may win, but it won't be a cake walk.  Danville's defense is much improved and a lot more aggressive than last year.  Danville's offense is potent and can run and pass effectively with some serious speed. Somerset will be challenged.  The game will be hard to get into for Somerset fans, they will only allow 2 tickets per Somerset player and coach.
(10-06-2020, 02:21 PM)ThinThirty Wrote: [ -> ]You guys seem confident,  Somerset may win, but it won't be a cake walk.  Danville's defense is much improved and a lot more aggressive than last year.  Danville's offense is potent and can run and pass effectively with some serious speed. Somerset will be challenged.  The game will be hard to get into for Somerset fans, they will only allow 2 tickets per Somerset player and coach.

Are the Admirals limiting the tickets for both teams or are they trying to pump up their home field advantage?  Rice-Mountjoy Stadium is big enough that they should be able to fit between 800-1000 and still be at 20% capacity.
Thus is a dangerous game for Somerset. The Admirals are young, but they gained a lot of experience last year. They're playing with a lot of confidence and they're at home. They won't be intimidated because the Briar Jumpers are defending State Champions. Somerset is a little banged up and has that monster game with LCA looming next week. It would be easy to be looking ahead.
If Somerset comes out slow and continues to commit penalties like they have in all four games so far they'll be in a dogfight until the end. If they can come out focused and limit the mistakes and penalties they should be able to pull b away. I think the coaching staff and veteran Briar Jumpers will come out focused and ready. I'll take Somerset to pull away as the game goes on and come away with a 33-20 win.
Bunnies by 14
Danville is much better than they are getting credit for here. I don't think they will be able to beat Somerset this season, but they are better than many of you think.
(10-06-2020, 03:53 PM)Walt Longmire Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-06-2020, 02:21 PM)ThinThirty Wrote: [ -> ]You guys seem confident,  Somerset may win, but it won't be a cake walk.  Danville's defense is much improved and a lot more aggressive than last year.  Danville's offense is potent and can run and pass effectively with some serious speed. Somerset will be challenged.  The game will be hard to get into for Somerset fans, they will only allow 2 tickets per Somerset player and coach.

Are the Admirals limiting the tickets for both teams or are they trying to pump up their home field advantage?  Rice-Mountjoy Stadium is big enough that they should be able to fit between 800-1000 and still be at 20% capacity.
Danville players and coaches get 4 vouchers each, visiting team 2 vouchers each player and coach.  This is the policy no matter who they play, the visitors side is much smaller and i would guess the Danville officials don't want fans to mix so the visiting team gets a much smaller amount of vouchers.  I wouldn't drive to Danville expecting to get in the game without a voucher to purchase a ticket.
Danville will give Somerset a war. Danville is on the up.
Danville only aloud Somerset 2 tickets per player. Cheerleaders could come but no tickets. Danville on the other hand gets 4 per player, per band, per cheerleader, coach etc  now I understand trying to get the upper hand, but not going to help when players are already use to it, but why cut tickets on one of your better visitor crowds. Also may rain, and with Somerset banked up I'll change earlier to 32-17 Somerset
Is this game being video streamed?
(10-09-2020, 07:58 PM)Purple Admiral Wrote: [ -> ]Is this game being video streamed?