Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hazard 43 - Letcher Central 22
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
what was the final score i heard 2 differnt stories? how did both teams do?
Final score was Hazard 43, LCC 22. I'd like to congratulate both teams but it absolutely amazes me that a small school like Hazard can dominate a school the size of LCC. Never underestimate the BULLDOGS!! Wink

WAY TO GO DAWGS!!!!
JUST WIN!!!!!
Good job Hazard
Dont be amazed. LCC is the second best team in Letcher County. But congrats to the Dawgs!
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:Final score was Hazard 43, LCC 22. I'd like to congratulate both teams but it absolutely amazes me that a small school like Hazard can dominate a school the size of LCC. Never underestimate the BULLDOGS!! Wink

WAY TO GO DAWGS!!!!
JUST WIN!!!!!
LCC was a bundle of errors. Hazard was the much better team. Bulldogs totally dominate all facets of the game.
Congrats DAWGS!!!!!!!
Fumbles and Int. decided the game, fumbling a kickoff and then fumbling on the option play in the red-zone beat them, they may not have won, but it would have been a much better game. Hazard surprised me with their running game, by not throwing the ball as much, but when they did it was very nice, had a few dropped balls but other than that looked pretty solid.
i was highly impressed with hazard's running game, it has definetly improved from last year and looks like they are coping with the loss of that big offensive line last year. They have a very good line and seems like the defense is what it was last year but only better. the defense has become even more dominating. Look out ppl the bulldogs are still strong and playing hard.
i was at the game and hazard dominated. i think that a 5A school like LCC that has
a roster of about 50 players needs to have some MAJOR COACHING CHANGES! they have to many players and to much size on the line to look that bad. its a shame to see a team with that kind af facilaties and that many players to look so bad.
js380 Wrote:i was at the game and hazard dominated. i think that a 5A school like LCC that has
a roster of about 50 players needs to have some MAJOR COACHING CHANGES! they have to many players and to much size on the line to look that bad. its a shame to see a team with that kind af facilaties and that many players to look so bad.

So because they have a lot of players they should be good? Size doesn't matter, all that matters is the athletes and hazard had more. Most of the players are most likely underclassmen that just want to be on the team, they might not be good at football but they like the atmosphere. There were some questionable play calls, but the players cost the game by turnovers. I didn't they the line was that horrible, there were some breakdowns but it's high school football. Hazard just outplayed them.
Congrats Dawgs.
Green Wrote:So because they have a lot of players they should be good? Size doesn't matter, all that matters is the athletes and hazard had more. Most of the players are most likely underclassmen that just want to be on the team, they might not be good at football but they like the atmosphere. There were some questionable play calls, but the players cost the game by turnovers. I didn't they the line was that horrible, there were some breakdowns but it's high school football. Hazard just outplayed them.

all that matters is athletes :thatsfunn you can have good athletes but if they are not coached up it don't matter.

you may accept what is going on for your hometown school, but i think it is a shame to see
what is going on at LCC. COACHING is a huge part of what makes a team good or even great.if a coach can get kids to understand the x's and o's of the playbook good things will surely happen.im sorry but i just don't think hillard howard and his staff are gettin the job done. ITS TIME FOR A CHANGE AT LCC.
js380 Wrote:all that matters is athletes :thatsfunn you can have good athletes but if they are not coached up it don't matter.

you may accept what is going on for your hometown school, but i think it is a shame to see
what is going on at LCC. COACHING is a huge part of what makes a team good or even great.if a coach can get kids to understand the x's and o's of the playbook good things will surely happen.im sorry but i just don't think hillard howard and his staff are gettin the job done. ITS TIME FOR A CHANGE AT LCC.

So if you put Hazards coach at LCC they would be better? You could have the best coach in the world but if he doesn't have talent/athlets he won't win any games, it's that simple.
Green Wrote:So if you put Hazards coach at LCC they would be better? You could have the best coach in the world but if he doesn't have talent/athlets he won't win any games, it's that simple.

YES THEY WOULD.go ask coach mike holcomb at breathitt a 3 time state champ,and see if coaching don't make a HIGH SCHOOL team. having athletes is a huge plus but good coaching is a must.
Good job Hazard - hope to see you all play Pikeville in the semi-state
Did Hazard's best player, Michael Campbell play? I had heard that he was out from getting kicked out of the last game of the season last year, meaning he would have to sit out the first one against LCC.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Did Hazard's best player, Michael Campbell play? I had heard that he was out from getting kicked out of the last game of the season last year, meaning he would have to sit out the first one against LCC.

Nope, Campbell was sitting out last night.
Thanks MVP2!
MVP2 Wrote:Nope, Campbell was sitting out last night.

he will also be out the next game against clay co.
js380 Wrote:he will also be out the next game against clay co.

why does he have to sit out two games? thought if u got throw of a game just had to sit 1 out?
MVP2 Wrote:why does he have to sit out two games? thought if u got throw of a game just had to sit 1 out?

im not sure,but i heard it was because he fought in the game against somerset last year in the playoffs. whatever the reason,i do know for sure he will be out the next game against clay co.
yea campbell will be sitting out for the clay county hhs game next week, and should be returning back for the next week. Last night was a good game, i expected more from lcc but hazard just outplayed them. Next week is clay county at home(hazard) and i cannot wait to play them i heard they are pretty good this year should be one heck of a game
I am watching the game on WPRG right now as I type this....man this game was sloppy! LCC isn't very good at all... Olinger looked really sharp though. LOTS of fumbles in this one.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I am watching the game on WPRG right now as I type this....man this game was sloppy! LCC isn't very good at all... Olinger looked really sharp though. LOTS of fumbles in this one.

where is WPRG?
what cable company has it?
I'm quite surprised by this outcome. Congrats Dawgs!
WPRG is the local cable access channel for Intermountain Cable in Pike, Letcher, Floyd, and Martin County. They broadcast 2-3 games per week on tape delay.
congrats Hazard
1A is loaded this year...some thought it would be a cake-walk for the west side of the state (Mayfield, Beechwood, Frankfort, and Lou. Holy Cross) all on the same side of the bracket, but with Raceland handling Ashland at Ashland, Pikeville winning by 10 over Lou. HC, and Hazard winning by such a large margin WITHOUT their best athlete doing so well against a 5A school with a GREAT coaching staff, and then mix in Lex. Christian who may be the most talented and deep of the bunch.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Dont be amazed. LCC is the second best team in Letcher County. But congrats to the Dawgs!

That is the dumbest thing I have ever read! Why, because you all beat Allen Central?
js380 Wrote:all that matters is athletes :thatsfunn you can have good athletes but if they are not coached up it don't matter.

First of all, everything that could have went wrong did in this game for the cougars. They fumbled the opening kickoff and then fumbled on the goal line the next possession. It is the first game though. If you are going to make remarks like this, at least wait till the season is over. That shows how much you know about football! If the KHSAA played one game seasons Hazard would be awesome, and LCC would suck, but they play a 10 game schedule. So lets wait and see there smart guy!
Pages: 1 2