Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 21 - Corbin 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Belfry 21
Corbin 0
well I though corbin whould come away with the win in a close one, but I was wrong.
I figured Corbin could stack up to the pirates alot better than that.
Awesome win Pirates
great game!
js380 Wrote:great game!
No not really...very boring actually!! But Belfry is very good as usual!!!
I has to leave after the 1st quarter but Belfry had control of this one from kick off. Congrats Pirates.
Congrats Pirates
This Pirate defense has the potential to be very special.... Corbin will be lucky to have accumulated any positive rushing yards. Pirates moved the ball efficiently on offense, passing game looked solid as well. Dustin may was too much to handle on both side sof the ball, and Elkins played a solid game both at QB and CB.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:This Pirate defense has the potential to be very special.... Corbin will be lucky to have accumulated any positive rushing yards. Pirates moved the ball efficiently on offense, passing game looked solid as well. Dustin may was too much to handle on both side sof the ball, and Elkins played a solid game both at QB and CB.
I agree.What were your thoughts on the play of the secondary?TongueirateSho
YES! Coach Haywood is only 7 away! Congrats to Belfry and to "The Coach".
Nice Game Pirates, I'm sure Mr.Phillips would have loved this! :Clap:...

Let's keep up the wins, just for him!!...

Nice game Corbin, I was really looking forward to this game, but I was a little upset, I guess It's where you all traveled and plus where you guys didn't get started playing until 10...
Great game belfry looks very solid
good luck to both teams
cobra67 Wrote:I agree.What were your thoughts on the play of the secondary?TongueirateSho

Surprisingly impressed. They are miles ahead of where I figured they would be at this point losing 3 starters. Elkins is a true shutdown corner. The coverage was solid all night, the majority of corbin's copletions came because Cashen had an hour to throw and could wait til someone eventually came open, or Belfry would send heat and Cashen would elude and find the open man. The tackling definately needs alot fo work in the secondary, but from what I saw this group should be better than last year's secondary by about mid-season.
Well I watched this game from the Start of the 2nd qtr till about the end of the 3rd. Corbin killed themselves. Yes they did shut the run down but there were holes alot of holes on the secondary. If it wasnt for the mistakes in the red zone for the redhounds I think Belfry still wins but it would have been a much closer came. But Have to give them Pirates credit tuff as always.
A big congrats to Belfry and Coach.
Congrats Belfry, Defense was impressive.
Batpuff Wrote:Well I watched this game from the Start of the 2nd qtr till about the end of the 3rd. Corbin killed themselves. Yes they did shut the run down but there were holes alot of holes on the secondary. If it wasnt for the mistakes in the red zone for the redhounds I think Belfry still wins but it would have been a much closer came. But Have to give them Pirates credit tuff as always.

The game very easily could ahve also been 35-0 Belfry.

Earnest barley misses a field goal.

Hickman drops a wide open pass down the sideline with noone in front of him.

Elkins gets drilled but throws a perfect ball, Preston has two steps on the DB, misjudges the ball and stops on his route.

And this doesn't even include the fact that Belfry fumbled the ball away 3 times.. twice while they were driving.
I expected more out of Corbin's O-line, but Belfry it seemed missed very few reads b/c the linebackers were always on top of things, which means that Belfry's D is very well coached. GL to both teams the rest of the season.
Already a statement game for Beflry!
I'm surprised Corbin did not score like most of you, I really believed it was a 3 or 4 point affair.
Wow..I wasn't expecting Corbin to get shutout..
Looks like Belfry is solid as ever....Corbin was just outmatched on both sides of the ball last night. Dustin May is a manchild and Elkins had a superb game. The front seven for Belfry is a force to be reckoned with.....

This Belfry team may be another one of those special ones yet again....

This was a great win all around. Proud of those Pirates !!!

Mr.P had the best seat of all last night cheering on the Pirates from above.
I thought they done a fantastic job!!
Congrats to the Pirates.
Congrats Belfry....Great game!!!!
Great way to start the season!

Go Pirates!
Great game, but I have to say both teams looked kinda sluggish..... It may have been the fact that I watched it on t.v. or the 100 degree weather, but they just looked kinda slow.... I saw hardly any explosive plays.... with the exception of a few from Belfry.... but I do have to say that Belfry has a pretty impressive defense, as does Corbin..... good luck to both teams down the road.
In my eyes, Belfry is the most well coached team in the state.....Haywoods football philosophy is simple yet efficent......He keeps the ball on the ground and completely controls the game clock...He has an offensive line that will AT LEAST give him three or four yards a pop nearly every play! Not looking at any stats from any game, I can almost guarantee that Belfry's time of possesion is nearly twice that of their opponents......Makes it nearly impossible to score if you're their opponents because you rarely ever have the ball! Great job Phillip Haywood, and great job Belfry Pirates....