Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Martin County @ Shelby Valley 10-9-20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Both teams come in at 3-1 Valley (1-1) and Martin County (2-0)
Shelby Valley by 20
WestCarterCometShelby Valley by 20
valley may win but it won’t be by three TDs
I'm going the other way on this one.
Martin county close
(10-03-2020, 04:46 PM)IntheZone Wrote: [ -> ]WestCarterCometShelby Valley by 20

Shelby Valley throws the football a lot and has some good athletes. I’m not sure Martin County can defend that. If the Cardinals stay within 20 it’ll be because they can control the clock with their run game.
(10-03-2020, 05:10 PM)WestCarterComet Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-03-2020, 04:46 PM)IntheZone Wrote: [ -> ]WestCarterCometShelby Valley by 20

Shelby Valley throws the football a lot and has some good athletes. I’m not sure Martin County can defend that. If the Cardinals stay within 20 it’ll be because they can control the clock with their run game.
From what we have saw that is true. The cards defense has been getting better every week also so we shall see come Friday. I think you may be surprised when you watch the film or I hope you will be at least. I also think you may be underestimating some of MCs athletes. Regardless I think it will be a one possession game either way. Good luck to both teams and hope for an injury free game.
I watched a few vids of MC earlier theyre not a bad football team. They have some speed from the looks of what I saw I liked. very fundamentally sound. They got some room to grow but who don't? SV is pretty decent when moving the chains. I think its going to be a shootout.
I’ll take Shelby Valley by 12. SV likes to throw it and Martin County has trouble (Magoffin County game) with teams who can air it out. I think it’ll be a very competitive game with SV’s QB being the difference.
What kinda offense does SV run?
Who can control the clock wins. Giving rain now for Friday..does that hurt SV more? Will both teams run the ball more now? MC wins by 6.
(10-07-2020, 09:38 AM)UKisN1 Wrote: [ -> ]Who can control the clock wins. Giving rain now for Friday..does that hurt SV more? Will both teams run the ball more now? MC wins by 6.

Where did you see that?  Weather.com isn't giving rain to hit the area until early Saturday morning.  

Hopefully it holds off for Friday night.  For one, a dry night favors Valley and their passing attack.  Two, I'm going to the game and I don't want to sit in a downpour, lol,
Valley by 3 TDs
Shelby Valley should win this one
You know about the weather changes with the breeze. I agree with you on that one. No rain is good. SV passing game would benefit from dry conditions. Can Martin County control the clock and keep SV off the field?
(10-08-2020, 04:51 PM)UKisN1 Wrote: [ -> ]You know about the weather changes with the breeze. I agree with you on that one. No rain is good. SV passing game would benefit from dry conditions.  Can Martin County control the clock and keep SV off the field?

Still looks to be good weather for tonight's game.  Weather.com says low 70's and clear for game time.  Sounds perfect.

I'll take the home team here.  Valley 35-28.
A great night for high school football.
Is Proctor playing for Martin County tonight?