Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell County at Rockcastle County 10/2 predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The rival matchup has returned for the second year and will feature a much more even matchup then last year. Rockcastle is 2-1 and Bell is 2-1 on the season. Both are coming off a dominant performance this past Friday and both teams suffered week 1 losses. Rockcastle comes into the matchup with 926 rushing yards and 206 passing yards. Team is lead in passing by QB Noah Parkey. Parkey has 206 yards thru 3 games. Also is second on the team in rushing adding 295 yards. Matthew Chasteen leads the Rockets in rushing yards with 418. Rockcastle defense has been much improved against the pass only allowing 155 yards and 403 on the ground. Total defense gives up only 185 total yards. While the offense produces 376 yards per game with 308 on the ground. Defense is responsible for 5 forced fumbles and 5 interceptions for 3.5 turnovers per game. They are +19 in points winning by an average score of 34-15. Most consider this game to be for the district title and host site for potential playoff rematch. Who do you have winning this matchup and taking the lead in the district ?
give me Bell by a touchdown
I really like this match up, should be a good one. Great players and coaches on both ends. With such high numbers from both teams should equal out to be fairly low scoring game but I've been wrong before.

Bell-24
Rock-17
Bell 28 Rockcastle 14
Bell County 28-14
Bell County 21
Rockcastle 7
Bell Co. 28-14
I really think Rock will get this one this time around. If it was at log mountain I wouldn’t be so sure but being that the game is home I think rock pulls this one out.

Rock 27
Bell 21
Bell by 8
Friday night Slobberrrrr knocker!!!
If Bell County's defense is at full strength the game will not be close. Rock could not score last year so I don't see them putting up big numbers.
Going to be some hard hitting just good o'l mountain football

Bell Co. 28 - Rockcastle 14
Bell defense will score at least one or two touchdown in this game. Yes I said it
Bell County 35
Rockcastle County 07
I think Bell wins easily. Bell got killed by Johnson Central and Rock lost to Letcher Central. JC is one of the premier programs in the mountains. Getting beat by a Johnson Central, Belfry, or Pikeville is not the same losing to Lecture Central. NO disrespect to Letcher just not the same as the best programs in Eastern KY.

Bell 35
Rock 7
Bell County doesn't have Stephney this year.  But they still have a lot of the defense that only allowed 6 total points in the 2 blowout games against the Rockets last year. 

This will be the best opponent that Rockcastle has faced yet this season.  Rockcastle hangs in for a half playing at home.  But ultimately the Rock gets rolled by the Bobcats 34-14.
The first game for rock wasn’t a great or even good performance really at any position however what that game did do is show us what our strength is and that is running the football as usual and did show that we can be a passing team if we need to. Yea LCC isn’t Johnson Central but JC would beat 90-95 percent of all teams in every class. LCC is no push over an all they have done so far is win as they are 3-0. Rock has improved a lot on offense from last season and I guess they will just have to prove it come Friday. Rock will not be blown out they do have a good defense that also has improved since last year. Bell has a great defense but at some point you do have to score to win and I think Rock understands as long as they don’t turn the ball over they can pull this one out late after wearing down Bell D just enough to win.
(09-28-2020, 01:24 AM)SmashMouth17 Wrote: [ -> ]The first game for rock wasn’t a great or even good performance really at any position however what that game did do is show us what our strength is and that is running the football as usual and did show that we can be a passing team if we need to. Yea LCC isn’t Johnson Central but JC would beat 90-95 percent of all teams in every class. LCC is no push over an all they have done so far is win as they are 3-0. Rock has improved a lot on offense from last season and I guess they will just have to prove it come Friday. Rock will not be blown out they do have a good defense that also has improved since last year. Bell has a great defense but at some point you do have to score to win and I think Rock understands as long as they don’t turn the ball over they can pull this one out late after wearing down Bell D just enough to win.

Bell 68 Rock 6 ! Sounds about right
GO Rock! 
Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. Rock will not wear down Bell defense.
Only few more days and this will get decided on the field looking forward to it! Go Rock
Bell Big !!
Bell 27
Rock 12
Rock 35 Bell 14
Less than 24 hours until smash mouth football Friday night! Pads will be thumping for sure! Go Rock!