Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Magoffin Football '07
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So whats up with the Hornets this year? I went in to Magoffin this last weekend, and saw the interview with all the players staff and all that on MCTV. It was pretty informational, but I want a more fan view of what the Hornets might look like this year. Hopefully all those Allens and Coach McCoy can turn the football program around.Big Grin
What come on 26+ views and no posts? Whats up with that?:mad:
MC has a good chance to make into the playoffs depending on how they do against ER and PC.
Magoffin is a young team but with a very good coaching staff with coach McCoy calling the playes in his second year as head coach I fill good about our chances!
Are u kidding me, playoffs, you all are seriously saying magoffin has a chance for the playoffs lol. Thanks, I havent laughed like that in quite a while. This team couldnt make it to the playoffs if they dreamed it. This was the funniest post ive seen in a long time.
DUDE! Coach MCCOY! has done an awesome job with this team since he became coach! I believe there goin 2 make the playoffs! so quit ditchin them like that!
:Clap:
Nice win tonight over South Floyd, but come on, it was South Floyd. They could possibly win maybe 1-2 more games, I dont think that would be enough to make the playoffs. But yeah u are right, coach McCoy has done a really good job with what he has had to work with, it just hurts them that they cant get more players to come out and play. With the 30 players they have, most of them have to play both ways and that takes alot out of a team. They have no depth and its hard to do anything with no depth. Believe me I would like to see them make the playoffs but I just dont see them doing it, I could be wrong, god knows I have been before and I wouldnt mind being wrong about this, I just dont think I am.
Well I just looked at their schedule and it appears I may very well be wrong about them making the playoffs. If they play the rest of the season like they did tonight against South Floyd, they could very well finish with maybe 7-8 wins. The toughest teams I see on their schedule are Belfry and Sheldon Clark. I dont know much about the other teams on their scheduly but I am pretty sure Magoffin can hold their own against them. So I will finish by saying good luck and go get em Hornets, this could be your year to return to the playoffs for the first time in a long time.
I hear they brought back former All State receiver Jason Wages to help out on the coaching staff. Any truth to this.
No Truth Tothis At Alllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!
Tubby Hater Wrote:I hear they brought back former All State receiver Jason Wages to help out on the coaching staff. Any truth to this.

Actually, from what i am told, Jason volunteered some of his time during the first few weeks of practice. Jason is an Iraqi War veteran who did two tours over there.
Goodluck Magoffin
I talked to Jason yesterday and he said he had volunteered some and now he is busy with work and such. I would have to say Jason and Grayson Smith are the 2 best players in school history. He would be great for their staff.
Well now not to take anything from those 2 but I would have to disagree with ya on that statement. Mike Caba was a really good player and was putting up great numbers the same year that Couch was in Leslie Co. The only reason Grayson gets recognized so much as one of the best was because he played at UK, and thats the only reason. Jason was a heck of a receiver and helped make Caba what he was.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:Well now not to take anything from those 2 but I would have to disagree with ya on that statement. Mike Caba was a really good player and was putting up great numbers the same year that Couch was in Leslie Co. The only reason Grayson gets recognized so much as one of the best was because he played at UK, and thats the only reason. Jason was a heck of a receiver and helped make Caba what he was.
Caba was good QB but without Wages he was nothing. I remember many times when he would just throw it up in the endzone and Wages would go up and get it.
G. Smiths senior year had some of the best football players to ever come out of Magoffin County. They ran a defense that needed speed and quickness. It was a great team, and was very fun to watch.

But this thread is suppose to be about the '07 Hornets. So lets try to stay on that track.
I played magoffin in our second scrimmage, they were decent we beat them 3-0 but it was only a 10 play and switch scrimmage, hopefully they will improve