Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 20 Belfry 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final

2 in a row for the Panthers against their rivals from Pond Creek.
Birchfield shines and comes up huge on both sides of the ball in the clutch.

Very even game that came down to executing on 3rd and 4th Down. Pikeville kept Dixon pretty well bottled up all night and turn back a Pirate drive in the 4th Quarter to get the big win.
Wow! Congratulations Pikeville.
Belfry gotta get Dixon a running mate or he’s going to be hurting by playoffs.
Way to go Panthers!
Congratulations Pikeville.

It’s going to be a long year on pond creek. This is not a very good Belfry team. I can’t remember the last time a Belfry fullback gets spun around and slammed to the ground with one hand. Very one Player oriented with Dixon and the defense is like Swiss cheese.

Pikeville done just enough and played mistake free football. McNamee is composed and Birchfield played lights out. Pikeville dominated the line defensively.

Only thing more disappointing then Belfry’s performance was the ridiculous stream from Mountain top sports. They should refund every penny to anyone who spent money trusting the fact they could watch a whole game. Two minute commercials missing plays and constant freezing during play action.

Good luck Panthers and congratulations on the second victory in a row over county rival. Belfry better get something figured out or it will a early season on Pond creek.
I'm actually surprised by this one. Good quality win. Now, Mark it off and get back to business!
(09-18-2020, 10:51 PM)VELVET CLOSER Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations Pikeville.

It’s going to be a long year on pond creek. This is not a very good Belfry team. I can’t remember the last time a Belfry fullback gets spun around and slammed to the ground with one hand. Very one Player oriented with Dixon and the defense is like Swiss cheese.

Pikeville done just enough and played mistake free football. McNamee is composed and Birchfield played lights out. Pikeville dominated the line defensively.

Only thing more disappointing then Belfry’s performance was the ridiculous stream from Mountain top sports. They should refund every penny to anyone who spent money trusting the fact they could watch a whole game. Two minute commercials missing plays and constant freezing during play action.

Good luck Panthers and congratulations on the second  victory in a row over county rival. Belfry better get something figured out or it will a early season on Pond creek.

I almost purchased the game and just decided to watch the Reds and listen to the Pikeville-Belfry game on 93.1

I was interested to see how the product would be but I'm glad I decided not to get it, I had a feeling it wouldn't be very good.  Having said that it would be pretty awesome to have a good online production as a option to watch Pikeville and Belfry games...hopefully they can get it better going forward but it will probably take a few years lol.
Prepspin is the model all KY streams should strive for.

A beautiful, seamless, great production quality, totally free service

Good luck Panthers and congratulations on the second  victory in a row over county rival. Belfry better get something figured out or it will a early season on Pond creek.

Totally agree. Hope they get that worked out. Very frustrating, to say the least.
This is what I was afraid of with the stream. I almost bought it but decided against it because of the exact reason. Their first stream I was afraid it would have some issues.

And they just dropped $20k to Pikeville athletics and pikeville gets proceeds of the earnings.

Bad look
In one night Mountain Top sports lost any credibility they had. It’s was a good idea, but failed miserably. They can keep the money but I strongly advise anyone not to travel down that path again.
Congratulations Pikeville Panthers!! Great game with two evenly matched teams. For Blake Birchfield to be only a Freshman, this kid has a great career lying ahead at Pikeville. After watching him last week at Raceland, you can see that he has improved in just a weeks time. So looking forward to Sophomore Carson Wright returning to the RB position. When it's all said and done, Panthers should have four, maybe five very good RBS to rely on. Can't say enough about that strong line for the Panthers. They controlled it very well in this game. The concern going into this season was the D line, but it looks like they're coming through. Belfry is a good team and will only get better. Here's hoping both teams are at Kroger field once again!!
Congrats Panthers!!! Big Win!

Alllllllll the way down here in central Kentucky and the feed was perfect. Never blipped or buffered or anything one single time.
(09-18-2020, 11:12 PM)VELVET CLOSER Wrote: [ -> ]In one night Mountain Top sports lost any credibility they had. It’s was a good idea,  but failed miserably. They can keep the money but I strongly advise anyone not to travel down that path again.

may have been your provider. Because I’m down here in central Kentucky and it was a seamless experience with no freezing or anything.
Congrats Panthers! Wow! What a game !! It's easy to see that this season's team is different from last season's. But they get the job done. This Pikeville line is very strong and making the holes for Blake Birchfield and others to run through. Isaac McNamee did a better job getting the ball to the WO this week and we see improvement there as well. Keep up the great work Panthers and enjoy this one.
Wow, I didn't really expect this score. Congrats Pikeville! Belfry will bounce back and make a run to Kroger Field because... well... they're Belfry.
(09-18-2020, 11:16 PM)PHS DYNASTY Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations Pikeville Panthers!! Great game with two evenly matched teams. For Blake Birchfield to be only a Freshman, this kid has a great career lying ahead at Pikeville. After watching him last week at Raceland, you can see that he has improved in just a weeks time. So looking forward to Sophomore Carson Wright returning to the RB position. When it's all said and done, Panthers should have four, maybe five very good RBS to rely on. Can't say enough about that strong line for the Panthers. They controlled it very well in this game. The concern going into this season was the D line, but it looks like they're coming through. Belfry is a good team and will only get better. Here's hoping both teams are at Kroger field once again!!
Birchfield is a sophomore. But none the less still incredibly impressive and it’s going to be scary to see him and Carson side by side next two season after this one.
My Town TV on FB and now on U-Tube broadcasting locals teams games and my Tomcat’s scrimmage game tonight does a great job. Congrats Pikeville and Belfry still the team to beat in 3A.
First time Pikeville has put back to back wins together against Belfry since 1999 & 2000 as part of a streak from 1998-2000. HAIL PIKEVILLE!
Congratulations to the Panthers, quite a good showing. Belfry will get better if the season gets to finish
Pikeville DOMINATED Belfry in the trenches on both sides of the football. First time I’ve said that in a very long time! Congrats to Coach Mac and The Panthers!!! HAIL PIKEVILLE!!!
Incredibly impressive, even at home. Thought Belfry would win. Congrats Pikeville!!
We got manhandled up front on both sides of the ball. Birchfield made big plays on both sides of the ball, defensively as well as offensively. Pikeville looked more confident in what they were doing from the first snap, we never found anything consistent to get momentum on our side. The better team won and that’s how it goes.

Belfry has many voids that need adequately replaced and as of now the young ones have yet to get their feel of true HS game speed. They’ll catch on here soon, hopefully, but the bigger issues are in the trenches and the lack of another viable running option. Those things have to improve, personnel is there skill wise, the line just has to gel and get off the ball faster.

Short synopsis, but it’s late so make of it what you will.
Mountain Top Sports or whatever that ridiculous stream was called is a joke. Stop ripping fans off and show high school games for free.
Congratulations to Pikeville, very nice win!
The best thing Belfry has going for them is 3A is completely unimpressive as a class so far.

May be a year like 2009 when you see some new blood rise. Belfry, DeSales, Bell, and Taylor County all seem to be substantially weaker than last season.
For Pikeville, this is just the start.

I dont see another 1A team capable of competing with them on either LOS. They may lack the big play ability they had last year, but they make up for it with depth and consistency.
The game last night between these 2 teams was a great game to watch. Being honest about it I thought it was going to end 21 to 20 Belfry but the defense came up big. One could talk about a lot of players that stood out. Issac played lights out , Zac had a great game, Blake was unbelievable in his performance. Carson, Wilkerson,Colins and I am sure I am leaving out some. But to me the hogs up front on both sides of the ball played outstanding football, so congratulations to them. Plus the coaching staff had an excellent game plan and as fans we don’t watch the sidelines to much because we are fixated on the field but a few times I got to notice these coaches with these players (even some players Not in the game) talking to these young men about what they should be doing on ever play. So congratulations to the coaching staff. As always GO PANTHERS!!!
Pages: 1 2