Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Fall Leagues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There are several camps and leagues coming up for the fall. One of them includes the Champions Baseball League which will be held at Georgetown College and some of the local Lexington High Schools. There is also a UK college prep camp coming up on September the second I believe. Here are some links below.

http://www.championslexington.com/

http://www.ukathletics.com/index.php?s=&..._well_id=2
The Champions League is very competitive. I'm not sure about UK's league. Hopefully more kids will join over the next few years.
baseball_dad Wrote:The Champions League is very competitive. I'm not sure about UK's league. Hopefully more kids will join over the next few years.
Yes it's very competitive. Gives high school players the chance to work with other college players and coaches to try and make their game better. The Champions league will be ran at Gtown this year. I think the reason they arent holding it at UK is because of the construction being done on the field.
After reading this post, I've went and watched this league the last two weekends, last week at Montgomery Co. (one of the nicest high school fields I've seen) and today at Tates Creek. I have been very impressed with two kids from Montgomery Co. the 1st kid from Montgomery played SS and pitched, he was very composed on the mound with descent velocity, a hard curveball and the kid hit every spot he threw. I've seen him pitch 5 innings now and only give up one hit and had 7 K's The other kid from Montgomery Co. played CF and pitched, has very good speed in the OF and a very strong arm.
I really like what Champions does with this league. Fall baseball isn't about winning or losing, but kids working on area's they need to improve on. I would highly recommend kids that don't play any other sports, play in this league, very competitive and great instruction from the staff at Champions.
I'll be at the UK college prep camp.
Screwball Wrote:I'll be at the UK college prep camp.
Sorry to tell you, but the UK prep camp was September 2nd. They will have more camps in the winter, and if weather permitting are held at Cliff Hagan. But if its too cold they go to the Nutter Center.