Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lexington Christian Academy vs Lexington Catholic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lexington Catholic and Lexington Christian face off this Friday for the 4th year in a row. What is your thought and opinions on who is going to win?
Should be the best game in the bluegrass. I’ll take Catholic by a TD tho.
(09-14-2020, 01:36 PM)SayreSpartan2006 Wrote: [ -> ]Should be the best game in the bluegrass. I’ll take Catholic by a TD tho.
First time I've seen you pick against the Eagles  Smile . I'll take LCA by 2 touchdowns though. LexCath doesn't have Beau Allen to bail them out this year
Looks like ole SayreSpartan2006 is trying to create some bulletin board material for the LCA locker room. I like LCA in this one. Their defense recorded 8 sacks in their opener against 3A DeSales. LC will have their hands full trying to stop LCA's attack on that side of the ball. As for offense LC starts their post Beau era...you fully expect a program like theirs to reload at that position but with this being their opener for the 2020 season it remains to be seen. It appears they return a talented and disciplined recieving core which helps an inexperienced QB. LCA learned a lot against DeSales on the offensive side of the ball and will get everything dialed in before Friday. Final score LCA 34 - LC 14.
Picking the little guy!!
Lexington Christian Academy 35
Lexington Catholic 21
LCA 28
Lexington Christian 14
(09-14-2020, 03:04 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]LCA 28
Lexington Christian 14
That’s the same team :|
LCA all day ...

D-line is looking great ,this group will give catholic all they want and then some ......

LCA-35
Catholic-7
LCA comfortably!!!
I knew what I meant lol.
(09-14-2020, 01:50 PM)PHSFarmersMarket Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-14-2020, 01:36 PM)SayreSpartan2006 Wrote: [ -> ]Should be the best game in the bluegrass. I’ll take Catholic by a TD tho.
First time I've seen you pick against the Eagles  Smile . I'll take LCA by 2 touchdowns though. LexCath doesn't have Beau Allen to bail them out this year

Allen wasn't able to bail them out last season either.   He got close but LCA beat them anyway.
(09-15-2020, 06:54 AM)Walt Longmire Wrote: [ -> ]

Allen wasn't able to bail them out last season either.   He got close but LCA beat them anyway.
Couldn’t squeeze past LCA but bailed them out of a lot of games. Interested to see how LC’s offense will change without Allen. I think LCA’s D-Line will give them a fit.
Catholic has had a good qb step up every year since the program began. So program wise replacing Beau is not the task it would be at some places. They do however need to get better running the ball and doing all the other fundamental things championship programs do. In the last couple of years it seemed it was Beau Allen and his recievers with everyone else along for the ride. Can they become a 3 phase program again?
I agree.  LCA should win the game and IMO will fairly easily.
I'll take LCA as well.
LCA won 24-20 over a rebuilding DeSales team. They're defense is really good, but what stand out to me is Xvair had 47 yards on 7 carries, LCA combined for 69 total rushing yards. 187 in the air. This is why I can't judge on first games seeing the low rushing yards. To beat Catholic, or even Somerset they have to be balanced. Still taken LCA in a close won 35-28, maybe more if run game like kicks in, and secondary will be tested.