Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 28 Raceland 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
7 weather delays later it’s finally over thank goodness 

This one was ugly from weather to play
Agree Spud 6. the weather made this one ugly, but glad to see this Panther team leave Raceland as a winner. This team will get better and better as the season goes on.
It wasn’t perfect, but it was a big win on the road for my Panthers tonight at a place we hadn’t won at since the Eisenhower administration. Got a long way to go and a short time to get there as next week is a big one with the Pirates coming to town! HAIL PIKEVILLE!!
Pikeville doesnt have the "score at any moment kids" they have had on some of their other teams, but damn they are good upfront. Their recievers are young, but ran great routes and once they mature a little bit, Pikeville will be deadly yet again. Pikeville looked like a championship contender last night. By midseason i fully anticipate them being head and shoulders above everyone else.

Raceland seemed to be the exact opposite. Defensively, i felt lile we played really well. Outside of 1 play, we forced Pikeville to earn their scores and didnt give up the big play. But they were on the field all freakin night. We have zero offensive identity again and cant run the ball worth a crap. We better figure something out or its goina be a long year for my Rams.
Pikeville may not have as many as last year but that have an all state RB that is a threat every snap that didn’t play offense last night. Pikeville is very good upfront and for my money the only class A team even close to being in the same league as them is Paintsville.
Pikeville had 225 rushing yards with no Wright, and rain most of the game. Yikes for Class A.

Also, is this accurate lol
Penalties-Yards 8-85 1-0

Did Raceland really have zero penalty yards, AGAIN? Too funny...
The only penalty Raceland had was when the kicker kicked it out of bounds on the kickoff after the Rams TD late in the game...the referees had to throw the flag there lol.
(09-13-2020, 12:16 PM)PHSFAN Wrote: [ -> ]The only penalty Raceland had was when the kicker kicked it out of bounds on the kickoff after the Rams TD late in the game...the referees had to throw the flag there lol.
There was a running into the kicker that Pikeville declined and I can remember being a face mask penalty on the Rams. The reason there wasn’t more on Raceland was because they didn’t have the ball hahah. Hell 80% of a team’s penalties are called when they are on offense and Raceland was on defense all night
Haha 3 things you cannot get video of in this world are Bigfoot, the Loch Ness monster, and refs marking off a penalty on Raceland vs Pikeville at Raceland.
Pikeville's 15th win in a row. They are 23-1 in their last 24 with the only loss being the 1-point heartbreaker to Beechwood in the 2018 state championship game.
Very impressive
Congratulations Pikeville, defense I thought played pretty well. Offense will come together but we all know that takes time. Better get better on protecting those edges. Pikeville looked good for a team that lost so many off last years team. They will be hard to deal with come playoff time if with the Lord’s will they get to keep playing and no injuries. When Carson Wright return that will help but Birchfield look really good last night ran hard and has good speed. As always GO PANTHERS!!!
My Rams better figure out a way to utilize a short passing game to move the football. Looks like we are going to struggle to run the ball again this year. Defense looked good in the 1st half, but they were spent midway through the 3rd quarter, due to being on the field all night. We have got to find an identity offensively. If we continue this direction like last year, its going to be a looooooong one.
(09-14-2020, 08:43 AM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: [ -> ]My Rams better figure out a way to utilize a short passing game to move the football. Looks like we are going to struggle to run the ball again this year. Defense looked good in the 1st half, but they were spent midway through the 3rd quarter, due to being on the field all night. We have got to find an identity offensively. If we continue this direction like last year, its going to be a looooooong one.
Until we change our blocking Philosophy we will never run the ball against top competition
Tbh, its the same philosophy that produced 1000 yard rushers in the past. Denton and Carver, Walker, Snyder, Beach, Adkins, Lacks, and Reed all went for 1000 or more in this system. Difference is, they either had a little more size on them or more speed than the backs we have seen the last 2 years. Its a personel within the system issue, imo.
That being said, sometimes the scheme has to adjust to the players you have and not the other way around. That being said, its hard and next to impossible to change or adjust a scheme in the amount of time had to prepare for this season.