Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry Central 37 Pike Central 23
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Surprised by this one. I thought Pike central would be a tough out with Anderson as the work horse. I knew Dixon would make a difference In perry but not this quick with limited practice time. Anyone have any details?
Anderson really wasn’t a huge factor, but had some tough runs.
Honestly, most of the damage was done by Boykins, Bentley and Iricks.

But Dixon ran his spread offense with WR screens and they got a lot of work out of Gayheart running the ball. They ran a two QB system with Chanse and Chuck. Don’t know if that’s consistent or if there’s a QB battle, but both of them played pretty well.

A big second half on defense and offense won this for Perry Central. Outscored the Hawks 24-8. Not really a turnover heavy game, there were two at the end that kinda offset for each team. I think the Commodores just made a couple adjustments at the half and got things going.

I think the numbers are what could help Perry as things progress. They have about twice as many bodies out there as they have in the past few years and they didn’t have anyone playing both ways. That’s been an issue in the past.