Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Beechwood 20 Corbin 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Great win Tigers!
Congratulations Beechwood. Really though Corbin would win this game.
Good job Beechwood. I picked Corbin. Congratulations, Beechwood will be a hard out in 2A.
Congrats Bwood. Second of all, I think I join several others at a loss for words. I don’t know what I just witnessed? It was like a 2nd grader calling flag football plays. Maybe if we run QB draw one more time tbey won’t expect it?? Maybe it’ll take some adjustment time to get use to the new coaches. But QB draw 200 times isn’t going to get us to state. I’ll remain hopeful next week that someone gets their head out of their a$$
Congratulations to Beechwood.
the best team in 4a goes down to the third best team in 2a at home .. wild
Hahaha
I’ve yet to see a rivals ranking win a single game is high school sports. That’s JMO.

Back to the drawing board Corbin.

Beechwood was more disciplined. Guess COVID was to blame on the poor Attendance. Head coach TG blaming the offense in post game interview though ?. Not the best look. How will the superintendent/board respond?
Congrats Tigers! If Corbin admin isn’t happy jus wait till after the BG game. Maybe the offense will get Rollin against the Eagles.
How do you like me now?- Justin Haddix
(09-12-2020, 07:41 AM)Westside Wrote: [ -> ]How do you like me now?- Justin Haddix

Haddix lost to Beechwood while at Corbin too.  

No excuses though- the offense and the play calling was piss poor.   

You have Combs, Longmire and Patterson and 14 is all you get?
(09-12-2020, 07:41 AM)Westside Wrote: [ -> ]How do you like me now?- Justin Haddix
Well it takes both sides to win a game when playing high level opponents. Haddix would have def scored more than 14, but he would have also gave up more than 20 as well. If we can get better offensive play calling, we’ll be fine. 

also, the comment about attendance?? It wasn’t a poor crowd? Hahah. In case you didn’t notice were in the midst of a pandemic, that was all the school was willing to let in. I don’t agree with it, but even with that, I still saw truck and after lined up on the fence and over 100 watching it from the outside.
(09-12-2020, 06:56 AM)HighViz Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats Tigers!  If Corbin admin isn’t happy jus wait till after the BG game.  Maybe the offense will get Rollin against the Eagles.
I have heard rumors, hopefully it isn’t true, the BG game is canceled due to the high levels of COVID in the area. I say let them play. We had I think 4 out tonight with “COVID”, so if that’s the case it’s every where. But some people aren’t making rational decisions. Like our OC. ?‍♂️
I appreciate the sarcastic comments from fans of other schools who gets on a Corbin thread and belly aches about our loss to a quality opponent, when there team who also happens to lose in the same night. You think our team won’t benefit from this loss either? I seen a ton of crazy losses from good teams. I saw some spankings too that looked really bad with no showing from what supposed to be a contender in there class. Corbin had a chance to win this game. Just a very very slow start. I ranked Corbin as a team who would emerge by years end if you read my prediction. I know our talent level. SECOND TO NONE. What was yet to be seen is the offense for this season. I’ll be the first to admit. I read the comments 3 yards and a cloud of dust is all you will get from Greer when he was hired. Game 1 last night. RUN- RUN- RUN = game over for Corbin. This team isn’t built to run. IF they look at the film and see the SPREAD-SPREAD-SPREAD = CHAMPIONSHIP. Why do I say this. Too many weapons to cover for a defense. Game 2 will tell the story for the rest  of the season.  It’s not over by no means, but with this schedule, Coach Greer better figure it out real fast.
Beechwood is just the better team and will be playing for the 2A state title.
(09-12-2020, 12:16 AM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats Bwood. Second of all, I think I join several others at a loss for words. I don’t know what I just witnessed? It was like a 2nd grader calling flag football plays. Maybe if we run QB draw one more time tbey won’t expect it?? Maybe it’ll take some adjustment time to get use to the new coaches. But QB draw 200 times isn’t going to get us to state. I’ll remain hopeful next week that someone gets their head out of their a$$
Maybe an offensive coordinator should get to call the plays Smile
(09-12-2020, 09:33 AM)UK1fan Wrote: [ -> ]Beechwood is just the better team and will be playing for the 2A state title.
Malarkey.
Huge win for Beechwood, Congrats!

I thought for sure Corbin would win this one. But it's the first game of the season, and with all that's happening right now, nothing should surprise me (or anyone else!). I'm sure the Hounds will figure it out. Good luck to both teams the rest of the season.
(09-12-2020, 09:07 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]I appreciate the sarcastic comments from fans of other schools who gets on a Corbin thread and belly aches about our loss to a quality opponent, when there team who also happens to lose in the same night. You think our team won’t benefit from this loss either? I seen a ton of crazy losses from good teams. I saw some spankings too that looked really bad with no showing from what supposed to be a contender in there class. Corbin had a chance to win this game. Just a very very slow start. I ranked Corbin as a team who would emerge by years end if you read my prediction. I know our talent level. SECOND TO NONE. What was yet to be seen is the offense for this season. I’ll be the first to admit. I read the comments 3 yards and a cloud of dust is all you will get from Greer when he was hired. Game 1 last night. RUN- RUN- RUN = game over for Corbin. This team isn’t built to run. IF they look at the film and see the SPREAD-SPREAD-SPREAD = CHAMPIONSHIP. Why do I say this. Too many weapons to cover for a defense. Game 2 will tell the story for the rest  of the season.  It’s not over by no means, but with this schedule, Coach Greer better figure it out real fast.

Brand new offensive coordinator two weeks in pads, no spring ball, kids out for COVID (no field goal kicker), I could go on... Beechwood has had to endure some of the same stuff but they have continuity and that’s the reason I never made a prediction on this game I knew we prolly weren’t gonna have the time to prepare for them and losing 4 key players makes it that much harder. The kids didn’t give up, to me win or lose in the first game of the season that means a lot when they could have just rolled over, they didn’t. A lot of what everyone is complaining about can be fixed. Very few people wanted to see Haddix leave but he did and even his offense had its issues when first starting out and not everyone was impressed with it in the beginning either. Everyone wants to win and nobody wants to lose but at least we didn’t lose by 30 while putting up a goose egg!
Tough crowd over in Corbin
Absolutely we are missing Haddix. His team put up 50 after a revamped and completely new offense. I’ll forever believe we don’t lose him if we offer him half of what Greer has recieved. And since when does head coach who roll over on his team after giving up 20. He needs to first take the blame for the dirty work he did last season, then owes BG a apology, as well as his team for not having confidence to play.
When you lose, it’s the head mans fault. No excuse is good enough. Every single team in the state has had the same time to get ready for the first game of the season. Greer is a snake, belongs back with Dud if you ask me and several others I’ve heard talk around. Our Kids deserve better than What the admin and sucks have given as leaders.
(09-12-2020, 07:37 PM)HighViz Wrote: [ -> ]Absolutely we are missing Haddix. His team put up 50 after a revamped and completely new offense. I’ll forever believe we don’t lose him if we offer him half of what Greer has recieved. And since when does head coach who roll over on his team after giving up 20. He needs to first take the blame for the dirty work he did last season, then owes BG a apology, as well as his team for not having confidence to play.
When you lose, it’s the head mans fault. No excuse is good enough. Every single team in the state has had the same time to get ready for the first game of the season. Greer is a snake, belongs back with Dud if you ask me and several others I’ve heard talk around. Our Kids deserve better than What the admin and sucks have given as leaders.

You know Boyle Co has a fan base too if it means that much to you then sign up for it
(09-12-2020, 01:58 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-12-2020, 09:07 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]I appreciate the sarcastic comments from fans of other schools who gets on a Corbin thread and belly aches about our loss to a quality opponent, when there team who also happens to lose in the same night. You think our team won’t benefit from this loss either? I seen a ton of crazy losses from good teams. I saw some spankings too that looked really bad with no showing from what supposed to be a contender in there class. Corbin had a chance to win this game. Just a very very slow start. I ranked Corbin as a team who would emerge by years end if you read my prediction. I know our talent level. SECOND TO NONE. What was yet to be seen is the offense for this season. I’ll be the first to admit. I read the comments 3 yards and a cloud of dust is all you will get from Greer when he was hired. Game 1 last night. RUN- RUN- RUN = game over for Corbin. This team isn’t built to run. IF they look at the film and see the SPREAD-SPREAD-SPREAD = CHAMPIONSHIP. Why do I say this. Too many weapons to cover for a defense. Game 2 will tell the story for the rest  of the season.  It’s not over by no means, but with this schedule, Coach Greer better figure it out real fast.

Brand new offensive coordinator two weeks in pads, no spring ball, kids out for COVID (no field goal kicker), I could go on... Beechwood has had to endure some of the same stuff but they have continuity and that’s the reason I never made a prediction on this game I knew we prolly weren’t gonna have the time to prepare for them and losing 4 key players makes it that much harder.  The kids didn’t give up, to me win or lose in the first game of the season that means a lot when they could have just rolled over, they didn’t.  A lot of what everyone is complaining about can be fixed.  Very few people wanted to see Haddix leave but he did and even his offense had its issues when first starting out and not everyone was impressed with it in the beginning either.  Everyone wants to win and nobody wants to lose but at least we didn’t lose by 30 while putting up a goose egg!
I 100% agree that BW didn’t have the disadvantage that we had, players missing from COVID, key players. And a new coaching staff. There’s no disputing that. But that still doesn’t excuse the play calls. Heck draw something up at halftime. He’ll just send them down field. Our WR’s had 3-4 inches on BW DB’s. Even without pads, spring ball, which BW went through the same thing, so it’s a wash, they could still work on plays. I watched them at practice, it was about 50-50 run/pass. I didn’t see a lot of the plays they were practicing?? I’ll remain hopeful for week 2 and see what they put out on offense.
(09-13-2020, 08:47 AM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-12-2020, 09:07 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]I appreciate the sarcastic comments from fans of other schools who gets on a Corbin thread and belly aches about our loss to a quality opponent, when there team who also happens to lose in the same night. You think our team won’t benefit from this loss either? I seen a ton of crazy losses from good teams. I saw some spankings too that looked really bad with no showing from what supposed to be a contender in there class. Corbin had a chance to win this game. Just a very very slow start. I ranked Corbin as a team who would emerge by years end if you read my prediction. I know our talent level. SECOND TO NONE. What was yet to be seen is the offense for this season. I’ll be the first to admit. I read the comments 3 yards and a cloud of dust is all you will get from Greer when he was hired. Game 1 last night. RUN- RUN- RUN = game over for Corbin. This team isn’t built to run. IF they look at the film and see the SPREAD-SPREAD-SPREAD = CHAMPIONSHIP. Why do I say this. Too many weapons to cover for a defense. Game 2 will tell the story for the rest  of the season.  It’s not over by no means, but with this schedule, Coach Greer better figure it out real fast.

Brand new offensive coordinator two weeks in pads, no spring ball, kids out for COVID (no field goal kicker), I could go on... Beechwood has had to endure some of the same stuff but they have continuity and that’s the reason I never made a prediction on this game I knew we prolly weren’t gonna have the time to prepare for them and losing 4 key players makes it that much harder.  The kids didn’t give up, to me win or lose in the first game of the season that means a lot when they could have just rolled over, they didn’t.  A lot of what everyone is complaining about can be fixed.  Very few people wanted to see Haddix leave but he did and even his offense had its issues when first starting out and not everyone was impressed with it in the beginning either.  Everyone wants to win and nobody wants to lose but at least we didn’t lose by 30 while putting up a goose egg!
I 100% agree that BW didn’t have the disadvantage that we had, players missing from COVID, key players. And a new coaching staff. There’s no disputing that. But that still doesn’t excuse the play calls. Heck draw something up at halftime. He’ll just send them down field. Our WR’s had 3-4 inches on BW DB’s. Even without pads, spring ball, which BW went through the same thing, so it’s a wash, they could still work on plays. I watched them at practice, it was about 50-50 run/pass. I didn’t see a lot of the plays they were practicing?? I’ll remain hopeful for week 2 and see what they put out on offense.
Who calls the plays?

Well unfortunately I can only take your word for it I didn’t get to see the game and I’m hearing a lot of the same things you’ve eluded to. Just like what you said most all my comments are hoping that what just happened are the results from COVID hysteria. Beechwood is still Beechwood there’s a reason you play them as it helps come playoff time. Like I said our kids didn’t give up and fought back hopefully they gel in the coming weeks and the play calling progresses, hard to predict a season on the first game

Who calls the plays?
[/quote]

Bart Elam is the new OC, I’ve heard him and Coach Buckner are sharing the play calling duties
(09-13-2020, 01:56 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]

Well unfortunately I can only take your word for it I didn’t get to see the game and I’m hearing a lot of the same things you’ve eluded to.  Just like what you said most all my comments are hoping that what just happened are the results from COVID hysteria.  Beechwood is still Beechwood there’s a reason you play them as it helps come playoff time.  Like I said our kids didn’t give up and fought back hopefully they gel in the coming weeks and the play calling progresses,  hard to predict a season on the first game

Who calls the plays?

Bart Elam is the new OC, I’ve heard him and Coach Buckner are sharing the play calling duties
[/quote] I didn't realize they had Elam. Nice to see the Jellico boy still on the staff. I wondered if the head man called the plays or let his coordinator call them. lol
Congratulations to Beechwood, but I definitely missed this one.
I don't think Bart Elam called all those QB draws. he ran a very well balanced attack when at Pineville.
14 out of 26 run plays were QB Keepers.

Run plays 26
Pass plays 25 total for game

Possessions:

1. 3 and out Punt
2. 2 first downs turnover on downs
3. 2 first downs Punt
4. 2 first downs turnover on downs
5. 3 and out Punt
6. 3 and out Punt
7. Touchdown
8. 2 first downs Punt
9. Touchdown
10. Interception
(09-12-2020, 08:35 AM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-12-2020, 06:56 AM)HighViz Wrote: [ -> ]Congrats Tigers!  If Corbin admin isn’t happy jus wait till after the BG game.  Maybe the offense will get Rollin against the Eagles.
I have heard rumors, hopefully it isn’t true, the BG game is canceled due to the high levels of COVID in the area. I say let them play. We had I think 4 out tonight with “COVID”, so if that’s the case it’s every where. But some people aren’t making rational decisions. Like our OC. ?‍♂️
I thought teams had to shut down For 2 weeks if they had Positive Covid cases?  Are you saying Corbin had cases yet still played?
Pages: 1 2