Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 36 Bell County 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Congratulations Golden Eagles.
JC still rolling
Congrats JC!!!
Way to go Eagles
JC is unbelievable
JC is very good. Bell is not. A lot of growing up to do for my Bobcats. JC has some GROWN men!
Really thought this game would be a good game. Congratulations to JC
Congratulations Golden Eagles,
needed a game like this last year .. this should pay dividends by the end of the year
Wasn't there so don't know if the score tells the whole story but it sure seems like JC is gonna be one great team again this year.
Congrats JC. Hopefully we can figure it out before we meet! Not mad at beating up an old rivals since dud won’t put us on a schedule ?. Wondering how much money you guys are paying dud, his son, and former player Amis to put up a goose egg. Corbin will pay more!! Tell dud to give Tom a call. We need a PR guy and let Tom back as DC!
Congratulations to Johnson Central.
About what I expected. I saw a lot of people talking about this game being close. I just kept my mouth shut to be nice. Johnson Central is on a different level folks. You'd think most people would have figured that out last year when they destroyed the 3A Champions (on Pond Creek) and then beat one of the top teams in KY in the Title game.

Bell County will be fine, their a pretty good team with a damn good coach. This score doesn't mean a thing to them and you can't judge the Bobcats by this game. Like I said, JC has been on a whole different level than the rest of the EKY teams the last 2-3 years. Good luck to the Eagles and Bobcats the rest of the season.
Johnson Central is definitely on another level around here. The best teams around have a hard time keeping it close.
The bobcats have some growing up to do for sure. Watched the game on a live stream and there was more mental mistakes than i’ve ever seen by a dud team. Johnson central was physical yes and would beat about anyone in the state but there was busted coverages and penalties. if Bell county can clean up the mistakes i see a bright future.

P.S. JC is different, watch out bluegrass
Central dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. Bell County has a good team. Impressed with Bell’s tackling.
Congratulations to Johnson Central
This one played out exactly how I expected...….JC dominated every facet of the game.  As I said in the other thread.....not a knock on Bell.   Game landed WAY to early on the schedule.   Against quality teams....Bell will struggle offensively as they adjust too life without LS.        Bell should look much better by playoff time.....but it's gonna take some time .
Johnson Central looked surprisingly good considering that this was their first game in a long time without four-year starting QB, Ryley Preece, their three leading rushers, starting fullback, and leading receiver from last season. Grant Rice looked very good in his first game starting as quarterback and the Golden Eagles have some depth and speed in the backfield to take advantage of a very strong offensive line. Despite the final score of this game, I think that Bell County has the potential to be better than last year's 3A runner-up.

I would not be surprised if the only teams remaining on JC's schedule who will not be on the short end of a first half running clock are Simon Kenton and Belfry. 

It is too bad that both Saint X and Frederick Douglas declined JC's offer to play next week. 

I'm looking forward to the 9/25 match-up with Simon Kenton. The Pioneers are clearly a top 10 6A team this season and have the potential to break into the top 5. That should be a great road test for this young JC team.
No excuses on Log Mountain. The Bobcats will be fine come playoff time.
When was the last time Bell County had a running clock put on them on Log Mountain?
Stats are still incomplete on the KHSAA website but senior Johnson Central running back Dillon Preston had a monster game.

147 yards rushing on 18 carries for 4 touchdowns
9 yards receiving on 1 reception for 1 touchdown

For the most part, I thought that Bell County did a pretty good job of containing Preston, but he killed them in the red zone.
Good strong start to the season by JC. It was interesting to watch this team without Ryley Preece leading the way but Grant Rice did a real solid job at quarterback. He wasn't asked to do too much but he had a couple of confident throws. The running backs are a little smaller and quicker than in years past but the offensive line is so big and will open up so many big holes that this may be a strength.

I thought Bell had some decent players especially on defense but they were sloppy all night. Its tough to start the season against a team as big, strong, and deep as JC is with less preparation time then usual.
How many fans were at the game? There are rumors online that Bell County is on the KHSAA's list of schools that are ignoring COVID-19 guidelines.