Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How's Prestonsburg looking this year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know its early to tell, but how's Pburg looking like, who all is playing, and any new people playin this year for em?
I believe the Blackcats will have a great season. The starting lineup looks to be Hall, Hughes, Burchett, Gearheart, and Stephens. The Blackcats success will depend greatly on their outside shooting. From what I heard from the staff and players Hall, Burchett, and Hughes lit it up in summer ball!!!
Prestonsburg should do real well. Returning three starters in Hughes, Hall, and Stephens. I think they are the best in the district, but it will be interesting to see if they can play with Shelby Valley, Pikeville, and Paintsville.
blackcat_student Wrote:Prestonsburg should do real well. Returning three starters in Hughes, Hall, and Stephens. I think they are the best in the district, but it will be interesting to see if they can play with Shelby Valley, Pikeville, and Paintsville.

I agree. I think Prestonsburg will be improved, but they will need to find some rebounding inside and a little more consistency from the point guard position.

Allen Central returns some key role players from last year's team. They have to have someone step-up and score as they lost their two top scorers last year in Ryan Collins and Josh Martin. They will also have rebounding issues because after Martin and Tyler Slone, no one rebounded for them.

South Floyd is young and rebuilding, but the future looks bright at Hi Hat if they can stick it out and improve.

Betsy Layne will be the wildcard though. New coach, different outlook, most returning talent. Can they build some chemistry and come together?

Shelby Valley, Pikeville and Paintsville are without a doubt the top contenders in the region, but as we have all seen, anybody is beatable on any given night in high school sports and that's what makes it so awesome to watch and follow.
I think the blackcats will be close behind BL in the district and may even overtake them in the end. I thought they were better last year when they went smaller. They were able to play more pressure defense that way. AC would have to be next. Don't think SF will be in the picture.
I think we will have a good team this year, but a good start is going to be crucial.
should be an interesting season then.