Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Youth Football
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will there be youth football?
I don't know about others areas, but they are playing youth football over at Shelby Valley.
I hope Russell Flatwoods JFL will be played. Anyone know if it will?
(08-27-2020, 11:51 PM)mightydog Wrote: [ -> ]I hope Russell Flatwoods JFL will be played. Anyone know if it will?

Yes as of right now they will play.
(08-28-2020, 12:19 AM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-27-2020, 11:51 PM)mightydog Wrote: [ -> ]I hope Russell Flatwoods JFL will be played. Anyone know if it will?

Yes as of right now they will play.

This is what was posted on the JFL site on the 24th of August.
Governor Beshear’s press conference just ended and, as you’ve probably already seen posted across Facebook, he said that he would not go against last weeks decision by the KHSAA to allow fall sports to begin practicing. In short, Governor Beshear passed the decision on to the superintendent of each school to determine what was in the best interest of their players’ health and safety.
Governor Beshear did not shut down football, but he did place a heavy burden on our Superintendents by his maneuvering and comments today.
Russell JFL will play football this year. Coaches will be contacting players ASAP.
As always, there will be about a weeks delay before flag participants are contacted
Here is the site.
https://russelljfl.com/
Right now i know Russell, Raceland, Greenup, Boyd and the Carter Counties are all moving foward as if nothing is an issue. I am cautious in my optimism though because it will only take one straw to break the camels back im sure. I did however, speak with a local schools board member and he spoke to the GCHD director and theres a very grey area in terms of who really governs youth sports. But advised that the youth leagues should simply operate under the same guidelines as the KHSAA has drawn out.
(08-26-2020, 11:32 PM)torQQue Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know about others areas, but they are playing youth football over at Shelby Valley.

They're going to try.  Numbers are down across all age groups.
@More Cowbell.  I hate to hear that. I have been following the facebook page for scheduling and practical info  You all going to have enough play?  Are any kids from Floyd County coming over to play in the youth league?
Northern Kentucky area has shut down all youth football. Health department wont approve youth sports of any kind saying they are following governors State of emergency orders.
(08-31-2020, 03:15 PM)torQQue Wrote: [ -> ]@More Cowbell.  I hate to hear that. I have been following the facebook page for scheduling and practical info  You all going to have enough play?  Are any kids from Floyd County coming over to play in the youth league?

Shelby Valley fields a middle school team (7/8), a 5/6 team, and a 3/4 team.  Those will all compete against other schools.  I think the kids all come from Valley or Dorton.

As for numbers, it's not great.  I think middle school has around 15 players.  5/6 and 3/4 each have about 13.  I know several kids that have played for years that aren't this year.  It's unfortunate really.  I wonder if other schools are having this problem?
Prestonsburg has about 22 out for each middle school team (A&B team) and I seen a picture of the C team (PES) tonight practicing and they had about 20-25. I've not heard anything on a schedule yet, but they are playing and maintaining social distancing and taking all the necessary precautions.
ELkhorn Middle School (Franklin County) has about 65 out for two teams. Franklin County Youth Football Rams have around 80 kids out for three teams. Future is bright. Covid doesn't seem to be an issue.
(08-31-2020, 08:12 PM)plantmanky Wrote: [ -> ]Northern Kentucky area has shut down all youth football.  Health department wont approve youth sports of any kind saying they are following governors State of emergency orders.
Several NKY left NKYFL to join another league so can play.