Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pulaski County at Belfry 9/11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Game was just picked up. Should be a good one to open the season.
This makes me happy.

After Henry Clay dropped Pulaski and these two were supposed to play and the pushing back of the season took it off the books.. this is a great solution.

With the game being at Belfry it makes me think this is a 2-year deal. I would expect Belfry to return to Pulaski in 2021 for the Don Franklin Bowl.
Belfry breaks in their new turf with a W.
I also think Belfry wins but no very little about Pulaski
Don't know much about Pulaski but Belfry is Belfry at Belfry, so Belfry gets the W by a close margin.
Belfry is belfry but first game with the circumstances this year brings with only 2 weeks of padded practices might help pulaski primary passing attack keep it close for a while.
Belfry 48
Pulaski Co 13
Interesting game. With the short prep time and limited overall work by both teams....experience and big play ability will probably rule supreme. Along with the travel distance, I think Belfry gets the nod.
Thinking back to last year, Pulaski was a tuff team early, then seem to run into maybe injuries or something happened. I’m leaning towards the Dixon ground and pound attack that will be hard to overcome this early in a season with no practice.

Belfry wins 21-14
Belfry by 3 touchdowns!
belfry runs clock all too familiar with mr dixon ..
Go Pirates-Wi this be on tv?
With this game being the first game of the year and the circumstances what they are, this game (and most all other first games) will be a toss-up, in my opinion. Nothing would surprise me, in football or anything else, at present day.
Smile Belfry by 17 +
Hopefully they get to play-Tonight was 1st night of football here in Arkansas
All I got to say is Welcome to Belfry football.

Belfry 42
Pulaski County 17
Any idea of how tickets sales are going to go
Pirates come out on top 28-14.
Could be a good one. Lots of talent on both sides. I will take the Big Red 28-20.
I'll say Belfry 39-21.

Pulaski has some big holes to fill on Defense and also lose their go to guy on Offense at WR.

Belfry's secondary is going to have some tough times with the Pulaski passing game and I am not sure how effective they will be at getting pressure.

Think Dixon breaks a couple long ones and has a nice statement game to open the season.
BELFRY -34
Pulaski County-12
Belfry's secondary is alot better than you think people. Lead by Brent Coleman. I predict belfry picks off Pulaski County QB at least twice. Dixon rb from belfry is a top 10 player in the state but we have a retard who covers sports for cats pause in this area
Belfry win by 12
Football is finally here on Pond Creek. Way too long without it.

If you have followed the Pirates for very long, you know they normally start very slow. This week should be scrimmage # 1 week and we all know how that usually looks. They do have a nice nucleus coming back, and there will be some playmakers returning, and a few surprises, but I wouldn't expect too much from the Pirates. There will be a lot of rust to shake off. I'm sure that will go for both teams.

No matter what happens, I am going to soak it all up and cherish it. Just having the chance to play this season is a blessing.
(09-09-2020, 07:05 PM)Watusi. Wrote: [ -> ]Football is finally here on Pond Creek.  Way too long without it.

If you have followed the Pirates for very long, you know they normally start very slow.  This week should be scrimmage # 1 week and we all know how that usually looks.  They do have a nice nucleus coming back, and there will be some playmakers returning, and a few surprises, but I wouldn't expect too much from the Pirates.  There will be a lot of rust to shake off.  I'm sure that will go for both teams.

No matter what happens, I am going to soak it all up and cherish it.  Just having the chance to play this season is a blessing.
Any chance of a Pikeville fan getting in? Not a scout, I just agree every game this season is a blessing.
(09-09-2020, 08:29 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Any chance of a Pikeville fan getting in? Not a scout, I just agree every game this season is a blessing.
Will you return the favor next week jet? 2 for 2?
(09-10-2020, 08:18 AM)Watusi. Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2020, 08:29 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]Any chance of a Pikeville fan getting in? Not a scout, I just agree every game this season is a blessing.
Will you return the favor next week jet?  2 for 2?
50/50 if I can even get one ticket for myself next week haha. Still not sure how this ticketing thing will work. Plenty of places to watch at Pikeville even if you can't get in though - on top of the bank, behind the fence on the riverbank side, possibly the baseball stands, etc. Going to have to play it by ear for now, hopefully everything works out.
(09-10-2020, 11:29 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2020, 08:18 AM)Watusi. Wrote: [ -> ]
Will you return the favor next week jet?  2 for 2?
50/50 if I can even get one ticket for myself next week haha. Still not sure how this ticketing thing will work. Plenty of places to watch at Pikeville even if you can't get in though - on top of the bank, behind the fence on the riverbank side, possibly the baseball stands, etc. Going to have to play it by ear for now, hopefully everything works out.

HA, I figured. That is going to be a tough ticket, 600 is just about enough to cover families of the players, cheerleaders and bands, etc.

General Admission tickets went on sale this morning at the school. Anyone can drop by today or tomorrow morning and buy a ticket while they last.
Some stadium tickets and some standing room tickets available as of late this evening. They will remain on sale through noon tommorrow first come first served. Btw, does anyone from PC know if they normally bring a radio crew with them?
Gotta take Belfry in this one
I always wake up in a good mood on Football Fridays.
Going to Raceland Saturday via Lexington Friday. Will be listening to the crack Belfry broadcast team. Good luck to the Pirates.

I'll say

Belfry 28
Pulaski 13
Pages: 1 2