Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Beechwood @ Corbin 9-11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thoughts?
I thought I read where Beechwood returns a lot. I know Corbin returns some premier talent but w
How much did they lose?
Beechwood is always going to be rock solid.
They return a QB that any team would like to have. A core of wide receivers. A very good Defense lineman. But they have holes to fill. They graduated 7 that played both sides of the ball, and lost a lot of lineman on both sides of the ball.

In 4a unless I missed someone. Corbin returns more starters than any team on both sides of the ball.
(08-25-2020, 08:33 PM)Hatz Wrote: [ -> ]I thought I read where Beechwood returns a lot. I know Corbin returns some premier talent but w
How much did they lose?
Not much. We are going to be pretty stacked on talent this with what we returned, and transfers coming in. If they play to their talent, we should have an excellent year. As far as this game, I honestly have no idea. I don’t think anyone does because of the situation at hand for both teams, it’s going to be hard to judge how prepared they are and “game ready”. I do think we will win, but it will probably be a low scoring affair
Corbin starts the season out with a W
We have a ton of talent, speed, size and strength coming back. We have to get to the point we play for each other. Our good teams who did so well in the past couple seasons (2017-2018) cared more about each other than themselves. If this junior and sophomore class can figure that out the sky is there limit, especially with this group of seniors who have many key pieces to Make a run this year. I think that they will and I hope they play with a chip on there shoulders.
Corbin gets the win but with little preparation for both teams gives Corbin the advantage with their experience coming back. They do have a new coach so they may have some adjustments to get used to. Beechwood does have a very talented quarterback and could give them trouble but like I said Corbin gets the win.
(08-25-2020, 11:16 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: [ -> ]We have a ton of talent, speed, size and strength coming back. We have to get to the point we play for each other. Our good teams who did so well in the past couple seasons (2017-2018) cared more about each other than themselves. If this junior and sophomore class can figure that out the sky is there limit, especially with this group of seniors who have many key pieces to Make a run this year. I think that they will and I hope they play with a chip on there shoulders.

Agreed if this group plays for each other and is willing to accept their role on the team they’ll do big things, cant wait to see them play. I fully expect this to be a game though Beechwood is always a handful, have to show up ready to play.
Beechwood wins by 3 scores
beechwood by 3
(08-27-2020, 12:49 AM)Deuce8 Wrote: [ -> ]Beechwood wins by 3 scores

With Coach Greer and Mills back on the sideline, they wont score three times much less win by three scores.
Corbin at Home. Great Def. and heavy on the run Corbin wins by 14.
(08-27-2020, 01:33 PM)New2Town Wrote: [ -> ]

With Coach Greer and Mills back on the sideline, they wont score three times much less win by three scores.
??

??? Corbin be lucky to win 5 games
(08-28-2020, 08:53 PM)Deuce8 Wrote: [ -> ]

??

Time will tell all. We will resume this conversation in December.

We are stacked and I think you will be proven wrong.
(08-29-2020, 12:51 AM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-28-2020, 08:53 PM)Deuce8 Wrote: [ -> ]

??

Time will tell all. We will resume this conversation in December.

We are stacked and I think you will be proven wrong.
He’s just trying to start an argument or simply has no clue about the talent Corbin has coming back this year. Beechwood may beat us but it won’t be by more than a touchdown, this ain’t last year!
I think the key to this year is what you just said, “ This ain’t last year”. I’m proud of our boys. They are working hard. We are a deep team at every position. Taller, stronger, faster, hungrier. If our boys play up to there potential and I believe they will. There’s going to be some teams who beat Corbin last year that will be expecting the same outcome and will be very disappointed in the outcome. We have players on both sides of the ball that these teams haven’t saw yet. That only makes our team stronger. I’ve said it all winter. Corbin was 2 touchdowns or a call here or a call there from being 9-2 last year. I see post where everyone is only giving us about 5 wins at best. I can tell you we have lineman that can matchup with any lineman in the state and we also have a defense that is going to control the tempo. Somerset, Wayne, Beechwood and Pulaski Won against Corbin last year. This ain’t last year.  We get round two this year with the exception of Pulaski. I can’t wait.
(08-29-2020, 02:15 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]I think the key to this year is what you just said, “ This ain’t last year”. I’m proud of our boys. They are working hard. We are a deep team at every position. Taller, stronger, faster, hungrier. If our boys play up to there potential and I believe they will. There’s going to be some teams who beat Corbin last year that will be expecting the same outcome and will be very disappointed in the outcome. We have players on both sides of the ball that these teams haven’t saw yet. That only makes our team stronger. I’ve said it all winter. Corbin was 2 touchdowns or a call here or a call there from being 9-2 last year. I see post where everyone is only giving us about 5 wins at best. I can tell you we have lineman that can matchup with any lineman in the state and we also have a defense that is going to control the tempo. Somerset, Wayne, Beechwood and Pulaski Won against Corbin last year. This ain’t last year.  We get round two this year with the exception of Pulaski. I can’t wait.

I think most everyone knew it was kind of gonna be a down year last year, we lost almost 20 seniors and a lot of the kids where playing their first games as varsity players. I don’t see a team on the schedule beating us by 3 tds, not saying we won’t be beat but if we lose to a team by 3 tds I’ll never post on this board again.
What's the deal with attendance this year? Business as usual?
No, I’m waiting for the clarification myself. I know parents will get in. I think a percentage of the capacity is a probability.
Corbin has to many weapons this year for beechwood in my opinion. Going to be an exciting year for Redhounds fans. Show time, Prime time and sports overtime in Corbin 2020. With that said Corbin 35 Beechwood 14
Got to give Granny Bear a shout-out for helping me out on posting new threads and making comments after 2 weeks I gave in and text her for help. Man did I make a mistake. Lol!!
Guess beechwood posters are being quite.
(09-03-2020, 10:00 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]Guess beechwood posters are being quite.
I don't think there are any on this site.
Beechwood should win by 10.
(08-30-2020, 08:35 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]No, I’m waiting for the clarification myself. I know parents will get in. I think a percentage of the capacity is a probability.

bull, did you ever get any info? I was told that I would receive two tickets. But since then I’ve heard:

-just two ticket for players.
-two tickets per player and 4 for seniors 
-a percentage of capacity 25%, 50%? 
-season ticket holders will be aloud in

so who knows? Any info would be helpful. It’s only a couple days away so you’d think they’d announce it. I think they might be waiting on guidance from KHSAA, but they won’t be liable for it I don’t think. Williamsburg is letting in more people than Corbin and our stands are twice as big!!  

one way or another, just make up your mind and let us know!
Today, I got our 4 tickets. The Pigskin game is a separate ticket as well. No new news though other than that. I’m like you, been waiting on clarification and here we are about to have a game and cant answer you either. I think bleachers on the outside is going to be needed as many people wanting to watch some football.
t1073.com will stream the game according to Corbin football's facebook page. It will be $20 a game for the home games. That seems a little steep for a game but I guess it was factoring in a family of 4 would pay 5 bucks for a ticket. I'll pay that just to watch football.
I picked The Dirty Dawgs to win.
(09-08-2020, 10:00 PM)Hound05 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-30-2020, 08:35 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]No, I’m waiting for the clarification myself. I know parents will get in. I think a percentage of the capacity is a probability.

bull, did you ever get any info? I was told that I would receive two tickets. But since then I’ve heard:

-just two ticket for players.
-two tickets per player and 4 for seniors 
-a percentage of capacity 25%, 50%? 
-season ticket holders will be aloud in

so who knows? Any info would be helpful. It’s only a couple days away so you’d think they’d announce it. I think they might be waiting on guidance from KHSAA, but they won’t be liable for it I don’t think. Williamsburg is letting in more people than Corbin and our stands are twice as big!!  

one way or another, just make up your mind and let us know!
Williamsburg ain't playing.
Lol, I know.
Pages: 1 2