Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pike County Bowl 2020 Canceled
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just saw the press release. Pike County Bowl will not be rescheduled for Nov 6 or any other date.
This stinks
Hopefully Shelby Valley and Pike Central are on the phone with each other right now setting up a game for Nov. 6. These two teams should play every year. They are almost always evenly matched, and it's a short drive for both schools.
I dislike this decision unless LCA/Mingo were contacted & wanted out.
I can gaurentee LCA did not want out. LCA is still looking for a Nov 6th game. Maybe we will get lucky and they will just reschedule the game for then, even without it being a Bowl Game. Is Pikeville still open on the 6th?
Bourbon County allegedly just filled a November 6th open slot and signs their contract Monday. Per the Twitter machine. Did LCA sign Bourbon? Lol
Panther Thunder Wrote:I dislike this decision unless LCA/Mingo were contacted & wanted out.

I'm thinking maybe a corporate decision, maybe CTB did not want any legal liability due to Covid? Otherwise they could have rescheduled. Looks like LCA and Pikeville could still definitely play if admins want to...