Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How will the 2020 season look?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How would it work if COVID is still in the news and on folks minds and a 2020 season starts?

1.Once they open things back up for kids to start normal contact practice how long do you guys think teams should be given to prepare before they kick off season?

2. If say 4 players on a team test positive does this mean all the team mates who were in direct contact will need to be quarantined?

3. Once season starts say a running back test positive on Saturday does this mean every opposing player who tackled him on the Friday night before from opposing team must quarantine?

4. If several players from a team test positive or are placed in quarantine, can the team forfeit the next game without paying the forfeiture penalty?

5. If season proceeds late with no fans will the band and cheerleaders be allowed to participate?

Asking for a friend? Serious how could these issues be handled.
Crickets :biglmao:

:hilarious:
I see you guys have the same issues in dealing with these problems that the KHSAA is having. If the season is to ever start these questions must be answered.
1: Kids have been in contact with other kids all summer. They just ain’t technically under the the title “ football contact “.Like any coach, every team would like as much practice before the season starts as any other team does. But to get a season is better than no season.

2: I personally think only the players who were positive should quarantine.

3: To me most all athletes are already practicing or playing travel baseball or basketball. I saw on WKYT that a travel basketball team made up of players from multiple schools won a championship in another state last week. I think the whole purpose of the group of 10 practicing was to see the effects of close encounters. Sounds like based on the results so far it’s working in favor of playing. Why would everyone quarantine on two teams if one person test positive after a day, no way to know where actually got the virus from. I personally think every time anyone goes to pump gas or to the store you are in a scary situation to get the virus as you don’t know who was in front of you.

4: JT basically said a playoff team could knock itself out of the playoffs with having to quarantine. But who knows, by then it may be vanished like ole TRUMP keeps saying.

5: Why not have fans, most football games have some room for spreading out.

Conclusion: I would move forward with everything, if you don’t won’t to put yourself in those situations then don’t, you do have a choice to not participate.
I have no idea. I am curious about making a team forfeit with someone that has COVID... I think this is a question that needs to be answered before the season begins. What happens if this is not clear and the playoffs happen... at least we will know how the rules will be applied before this happens.
Oldtiger Wrote:How would it work if COVID is still in the news and on folks minds and a 2020 season starts?

1.Once they open things back up for kids to start normal contact practice how long do you guys think teams should be given to prepare before they kick off season?

2. If say 4 players on a team test positive does this mean all the team mates who were in direct contact will need to be quarantined?

3. Once season starts say a running back test positive on Saturday does this mean every opposing player who tackled him on the Friday night before from opposing team must quarantine?

4. If several players from a team test positive or are placed in quarantine, can the team forfeit the next game without paying the forfeiture penalty?

5. If season proceeds late with no fans will the band and cheerleaders be allowed to participate?

Asking for a friend? Serious how could these issues be handled.

Really no since even worrying about any of these at this point, I would say more likely that not going to play than are going to play, guess they will have to decide these questions if get to play. Covid will still be around either way
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:Really no since even worrying about any of these at this point, I would say more likely that not going to play than are going to play, guess they will have to decide these questions if get to play. Covid will still be around either way

I would tend to agree. I do have hope for the spring though like California. I, however, question even that due to the state being a basketball state. I doubt KHSAA would want to hamper the sweet 16.
I’ve heard that there won’t be any Youth league football, middle school, or JV. And that High School will pick up at during week 5 going thru the playoffs.

The other thing I have heard pushing the season back to start in the middle of September.
I have had two family members test positive. My father says it is like his allergies are acting up, great uncle is almost 80 and has underlying conditions said it was bad for a couple days but for the most part it’s a bad chest cold. Send them back to school and let them be kids. Our silly governor is a a flipping idiot. People choice go to the games or not, in America we the people should be able to make our own decisions. Latest numbers I have seen the rate is trending .015 death rate. Slipping in the shower and falling to your death is higher.
mr.fundamental Wrote:I would tend to agree. I do have hope for the spring though like California. I, however, question even that due to the state being a basketball state. I doubt KHSAA would want to hamper the sweet 16.

Khsaa emailed AD’s and baseball coaches this week and told them this was not on the table at this point. An announcement is coming Tuesday concerning fall sports and it said this was not an option.
They will push it off another month and hope for the best.
Here is a link for the board of control meeting
https://portal.ksba.org/public/Agency.as...=7-30-2020
2020 Looks like football to me