Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Here's some good news for football!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
UK FOOTBALL STARTS UNBLEMISHED, RETURNS ZERO POSITIVE COVID TESTS
by GARY SHEFFIELD, JR
about 3 hours ago

College football insider Brett McMurphy reported that Kentucky’s football team, coaches, and staff were all tested for COV-19: they all passed.

While the results are good news (for normal people), there will be an audience hugging science to prevent sports from being played. America’s doctor, Anthony Fauci, has been on the record with caution over the return of sports.

“We all would love to get sports back to where it was normally. But we’ve got to remember we have a responsibility for the health and welfare of people. If we could do both simultaneously, that would be wonderful” Fauci said.

He concluded that “Sports were good for our country. They are good for our mental health.”

His claim checks out as physician Benjamin Miller estimates that suicide is projected to increase by an alarming 75,000 people.

Alarming numbers to see when we crandle science against a reopening of our sports.

Kentucky required face masks just four days ago and have been lax overall in their handling of the outbreak. These facts raise a serious question: How did 166 people on Kentucky’s football team, coaching and staff manage to stay healthy?

Some are arguing herd immunity.

Just a few days ago, our very own Clay Travis would share a few articles that implied that herd immunity should lead to the reopening of sports and our lives. The article from Offguardian’s JB Handley provided a graph showing death rates plummeting, regardless of what positive or negative tests show.

Kentucky’s negative tests should help start college football, but maybe the media has us focused on test results, when we should be zeroed in on our death rates.

According to science, it’s time to snap a beer open for football Saturday.
They are unblemished until someone on the team catches it (and they will).
^^^People like this will scream and cry until there is no football.
Your right.
When asked by the LaFollette Press this afternoon regarding high school football and girls soccer this fall, Gov. Bill Lee said the following:

"I think that it's pretty clear that football and soccer are going to be part of the landscape this fall. The executive order that I extended to the end of August was like many of the executive orders, two or three of them, that extended the emergency declaration. And we do that in order to allow for certain regulations to be extended. ... All things that allow us to operate in COVID so but it doesn't mean that everything that's included in the previous executive order is extended to August 31st, which in this case means football and soccer with regard to this question. We fully expect football and soccer to be a part of the landscape. We are working with the TSSAA and are working aggressively with them. We expect very soon that they will, we asked them to give us what they believe is the safe guidance to play, to practice and to play football and soccer and then we wanted to make certain that those recommendations by them fit within the broad guidelines that we have going forward but the short answer is I expect we'll have those suggestions shortly from the TSSAA and they are working with our administration because we both would like to have football and soccer. We just want to make sure it's very clear to all the schools out there, all the parents out there, what it's going to look like. But I think there's good news if you want to play football."
HCS Wrote:When asked by the LaFollette Press this afternoon regarding high school football and girls soccer this fall, Gov. Bill Lee said the following:

"I think that it's pretty clear that football and soccer are going to be part of the landscape this fall. The executive order that I extended to the end of August was like many of the executive orders, two or three of them, that extended the emergency declaration. And we do that in order to allow for certain regulations to be extended. ... All things that allow us to operate in COVID so but it doesn't mean that everything that's included in the previous executive order is extended to August 31st, which in this case means football and soccer with regard to this question. We fully expect football and soccer to be a part of the landscape. We are working with the TSSAA and are working aggressively with them. We expect very soon that they will, we asked them to give us what they believe is the safe guidance to play, to practice and to play football and soccer and then we wanted to make certain that those recommendations by them fit within the broad guidelines that we have going forward but the short answer is I expect we'll have those suggestions shortly from the TSSAA and they are working with our administration because we both would like to have football and soccer. We just want to make sure it's very clear to all the schools out there, all the parents out there, what it's going to look like. But I think there's good news if you want to play football."

B. Lee and Breshear are very different.
^Beshear will get smacked down by the courts again if he exceeds his authority again.
jetpilot Wrote:^Beshear will get smacked down by the courts again if he exceeds his authority again.

Serious question who makes the call? Is it KHSAA or local health department or the Gov.?
TheColonel Wrote:Serious question who makes the call? Is it KHSAA or local health department or the Gov.?

This is part of the problem. KHSAA is suggesting to let the local health departments make the decisions. That is crazy. Way too many political aspirants in those positions. KHSAA is gonna have to grow a pair.:biggrin:
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:This is part of the problem. KHSAA is suggesting to let the local health departments make the decisions. That is crazy. Way too many political aspirants in those positions. KHSAA is gonna have to grow a pair.:biggrin:

I just seen 2 articles were it stated Jefferson County and Fayette Cou schools, biggest school districts in the state, not sure if going to have kids in school because can't keep them social distanced safely, maybe all virtual. If this happens Khsaa will have zero say so. Some days I think we are going to have football. some days I think no way. In other words Im about to go crazy, haha.
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:I just seen 2 articles were it stated Jefferson County and Fayette Cou schools, biggest school districts in the state, not sure if going to have kids in school because can't keep them social distanced safely, maybe all virtual. If this happens Khsaa will have zero say so. Some days I think we are going to have football. some days I think no way. In other words Im about to go crazy, haha.

I agree one day I’m excited and very optimistic we will have a season. The next day I’m reading how sports outlook is bleak from high school to pros.
So, if you have to social distance in school how in the Hell do you do that on the field? Sounds like Kentucky Department of Education is calling the shots with the Gov. if thais the case we are out of FB.
jamesclay Wrote:They are unblemished until someone on the team catches it (and they will).

How can someone like this be so miserable? So do you want them to be sick? Would that satisfy your sick liberal mind?
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:This is part of the problem. KHSAA is suggesting to let the local health departments make the decisions. That is crazy. Way too many political aspirants in those positions. KHSAA is gonna have to grow a pair.:biggrin:

I agree with you Josey.

Does KHSAA make decisions about school when there is weather? Does KHSAA make decisions about school when there is a flue outbreak? No, so why should KHSAA make the decisions for school districts on Covid? Has to be a local level decision.
jetpilot Wrote:^Beshear will get smacked down by the courts again if he exceeds his authority again.
She needs put in her place.