Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prep Basketball Reformation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just for fun, what type changes wold you like to see the KHSAA Make concerning Prep Boys Basketball in the state of KY? Example; Private vs public school class divisions?

What Needs fixed.
IMO. Kentucky high school basketball is fine. I love the uniqueness of having one state champ.
I would do away with district tournaments, have everyone play each other once in your region and seed regional tournament.
I agree, seed the region then maybe play a regional invitational tournament Kind of like the NIT for the teams that don't make the region. Just a thought....
I would change nothing. It is the best in the United States.
Rainingthrees Wrote:I would do away with district tournaments, have everyone play each other once in your region and seed regional tournament.

Some regions have way too many teams to do this if you and to keep All A, 2A and some of the major tournaments (King of the Bluegrass, Lexington Catholic, LIT).

Plus, some regions are spread way apart.

Rather'd spend my Saturdays playing teams I wanna play instead of being forced to go 2 hours to trounce someone or get crushed.

Furthermore, with so many forced region games to work in, you could have teams play final week of the season and turn right around and play each other again, which loses its luster.
1.) Semifinals on Saturday morning and finals Saturday night

2.) Realign To where each region has at least 16 and each district at least four teams.

I would not touch the games in season, leave it at 30

I would not touch the post season format, district to region to state leave it as is.

I would not bring in a shot clock.