Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Martin County 65 Lawrence County 61 (15th Region Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from the 15th Region Tournament.
Congratulations to coach Jason James and the Cardinals, who punched the fourth ticket to the Sweet 16 and await the 3rd Region Champion on Thursday.
Lawrence Co can flat out shoot the pill when hot. They got hot with 6 minutes left in the game and then got cold again with 2 minutes left. They showed a lot of heart and will to never let themselves quit. They almost pulled it back to win it but Martin Co made their free throws.

This was a great game and a great tournament!
Great tournament for Martin County. They played a Prestonburg team down four starters, a Pikeville team down two starters and a Lawrence County team that was just to short. Martin County did just enough to win. Better to be lucky than good I guess. Brady Dingess was the difference for Martin County.
What a tournament!!! So refreshing to see those two teams instead of the Valley Centrals and Pikevilles. Lawrence county is gonna control the 58th the next 2 years with Maynard and Adkins. That sophmore class is insane
WinkWinkler Wrote:Great tournament for Martin County. They played a Prestonburg team down four starters, a Pikeville team down two starters and a Lawrence County team that was just to short. Martin County did just enough to win. Better to be lucky than good I guess. Brady Dingess was the difference for Martin County.

Hahahahaha what an idiot. They were the best team the vast majority of the year dude.
SouthEast18 Wrote:What a tournament!!! So refreshing to see those two teams instead of the Valley Centrals and Pikevilles. Lawrence county is gonna control the 58th the next 2 years with Maynard and Adkins. That sophmore class is insane

Lawrence County does it the correct way. They play on both ends as a team and they seem to have no egos. Their offense flows through all five players not just one and you see the results.
Ralph Furley Wrote:Lawrence County does it the correct way. They play on both ends as a team and they seem to have no egos. Their offense flows through all five players not just one and you see the results.

They also have a fantastic coach!! I watched every game the best coach in the gym was on Lawrence counties sideline
WinkWinkler Wrote:Great tournament for Martin County. They played a Prestonburg team down four starters, a Pikeville team down two starters and a Lawrence County team that was just to short. Martin County did just enough to win. Better to be lucky than good I guess. Brady Dingess was the difference for Martin County.

Coach James said he is sending you a ticket to the sweet 16
Thanks for Collan McCoy catching this photo and posting it on Facebook. I don’t have this person as a friend but it’s being shared like wildfire and for very good reason! Awesome to see this after such a hard fought game!
Great game! Man, Lawrence County is fun to watch. Congrats and good luck to the cards they’re good enough to make some noise at Rupp!
I never seen a team shoot the 3’s like LC they made a great run. They will be there the next couple of years Congratulations to CARDINAL NATION punching there ticket to RUPP these boys have been hot winning 15 of the last 16 they will be around the next couple of years also CARDINALS NATION enjoy these 36 year streak is over One Game At A Time
Congrats Martin Co!

Go get a win at Rupp

It’s great to have luck at tournament time!
Great job kids. Proud Martin Countian tonight.
Ralph Furley Wrote:Lawrence County does it the correct way. They play on both ends as a team and they seem to have no egos. Their offense flows through all five players not just one and you see the results.

Just stick with your Paintsville Tigers
Great game!!!
We literally just got home about 30 minutes ago. Dingess has made a big difference tonight and every game. His shot the last game saved us.He earned that MVP award!
Being displaced from their school building.
Not having a true home gym for 6-7 years.
Having one of the worst water situations in the United States in 2018.
Girls basketball coach dies in a tragic car accident.

Martin County deserves a trip to Rupp Arena.
Congrats to Martin Co and good luck at state! A few poor shot selections down the stretch by LC or they could have had this one.
Very happy for Martin County! Go Cards!
Congrats to Martin County!!! Agree with Pulp, that community deserves this.

Didn't Lawrence County LOSE this game?

The WINNER and the BEST PLAYERS tonight was Martin County. :Thumbs:

:Cheerlead GO CARDS :Cheerlead
So glad to see Martin County win this one. Congrats!!
Looked like Martin County had more coaches on the bench than players. Is that normal in the 15th region? Good to see a county with so many troubles of late have success. Congrats Cards.
^ I think I counted 7... JC probably has that many or more.
Only 1.
Already had my room for the sweet 16 but another couple just booked theirs after trying a few days. Keep calling and asking about cancellations.