Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 15th Region Draw
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
3/4

6:30pm
Belfry
Pikeville

8:15pm
Prestonsburg
Martin County

3/5

6:30pm
Lawrence County
Paintsville

8:15pm
Phelps
Shelby Valley

Semi-Finals
3/7
6:45pm & 8:30pm

Finals
3/9
7:00pm
Nice matchups
Pikeville 58
Martin County 55

Paintsville 63
Valley 57

Pikeville 49
Paintsville 54

Paintsville 15th Region Champs 🤞
I’m anxious to see the Phelps vs SV game. Phelps will finally get a chance to prove themselves and I’m curious to see if T. Francis is as good as some posters on here says he is. I still say SV wins by 10+.
Trey Francis vs. Cody Potter. Be a fun one to watch
[attachment=o3928]

Full bracket with stars and times courtesy of Willie Hope of WYMT
BoyWonder14 Wrote:I’m anxious to see the Phelps vs SV game. Phelps will finally get a chance to prove themselves and I’m curious to see if T. Francis is as good as some posters on here says he is. I still say SV wins by 10+.

Francis is impressive. Even though the 1 live game I watched him was vs Paintsville at the expo in a game where neither team could make a shot. The way he moves and plays, you can easily see the young man’s talent. Another to watch currently is Sammons at Pikeville. That young man is making a name for himself in the mountains right now. He was VERY impressive in the win over Shelby Valley and also in a 1 pt loss to Martin co @ Martin co. They had that game won as well just made two silly turnovers at the very end that I know Justice woulda sure liked to have had back.
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Francis is impressive. Even though the 1 live game I watched him was vs Paintsville at the expo in a game where neither team could make a shot. The way he moves and plays, you can easily see the young man’s talent. Another to watch currently is Sammons at Pikeville. That young man is making a name for himself in the mountains right now. He was VERY impressive in the win over Shelby Valley and also in a 1 pt loss to Martin co @ Martin co. They had that game won as well just made two silly turnovers at the very end that I know Justice woulda sure liked to have had back.

I watched Phelps twice this year. Pikeville and Paintsville. Francis was a combined 8-30. Both those games Phelps struggled to score. That was The Hornets biggest games against a regional opponent.

What makes Sammons so special is how good he makes his teammates. He creates offense for everyone on his team. While being an efficient scorer.
The world NEEDS a Martin County vs. Phelps 15th region championship game!!!!!!!!
I think the draw came out pretty good. 3 out of the 4 first round games are interesting matchups. MC shouldn’t have a problem with PBurg and are the favorites going in. A final four of Pikeville vs MC and Paintsville vs SV would be one fun Saturday night. Belfry, Lawrence and Phelps can play spoiler. I believe Lawrence County has the best shot to do that but anything can happen. Looking forward to a fun week of Basketball.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:The world NEEDS a Martin County vs. Phelps 15th region championship game!!!!!!!!

No... No it doesn’t
Pulp Fiction Wrote:The world NEEDS a Martin County vs. Phelps 15th region championship game!!!!!!!!

Nothing would make me happier then seeing a Phelps regional championship and headed to Rupp
Picks
Martin county
Pikeville

Lawrence county
Valley

Martin county
Lawrence county

Martin county goes to Rupp.

Gotta throw in some upsets and if Lawrence is hot they can beat anyone. That’s first round matchup with them and paintsville might be the game of the tourney. I don’t trust Valley for a second they could go home early. A physical defender on Potter is their Kryptonite
Martin County, got a great draw !!!!
basketball101 Wrote:Martin County, got a great draw !!!!

They got a good first round draw but second round game against Pikeville If they get there won’t be easy. Pikeville has a OT win on a neutral floor and a 1 point loss to MC at MC on the year. Would be a dandy.
Martin Co has exactly what you need to get to Rupp. Plenty of size and a excellent point guard. The 2 things that concern me w/ this Martin Co team is coaching and the bigger floor @ Expo.
Spud6 Wrote:Nothing would make me happier then seeing a Phelps regional championship and headed to Rupp

Not happening they would have to run a gauntlet to get in the finals and you also have to remember the only 2 teams they have beat in the field are Pburg and Belfry the 2 lowest rated teams in the field..
Pikeville defeats Belfy
Martin Co destroys Pburg
Paintsville slips by Lawrence Co
Shelby Valley knocks out Phelps

Martin Co squeaks by Pikeville
Shelby Valley avenges earlier lose to Paintsville

Shelby Valley drops Martin Co in the last 30 seconds
Martin Co is the team to beat right now but the Panthers are peaking at the right time....
Bulldogs and Panthers in finals
Hambley Wrote:Martin Co is the team to beat right now but the Panthers are peaking at the right time....

Fact. With Martin co’s games vs Pikeville thus far, that will not be an easy one for Martin co.
Spud6 Wrote:Nothing would make me happier then seeing a Phelps regional championship and headed to Rupp

I agree... I will be rooting for the Hornets...it would be very cool to watch Phelps play at Rupp Arena.
PHSFAN Wrote:I agree... I will be rooting for the Hornets...it would be very cool to watch Phelps play at Rupp Arena.
&lt;br /&gt;<br />
&lt;br /&gt;<br />
<br />
No real Pikeville fan on this planet would root against the Panthers. Fake Pikeville fan alert!!!! Not the first time either smh
If Pikeville or Phelps met in the finals ofcourse I would root for Pikeville but will root for Phelps otherwise...seeing them play in Rupp would be cool...sorry I like too see the little guy play on the biggest stage.

I went to Pikeville K-12 and have been to every one one of their sweet 16 games since 99 and I care much less about high school basketball than high school baseball and football lol.
It would a great story if Phelps could beat SV and I’m rooting for Phelps but I don’t think it’s a good match up for them but I’m hoping Phelps in a close one.
The only team that has the size to beat Martin Co. is Pikeville. Have beat them on a neutral floor already this year. Should be a great tournament. Don’t count the Panthers out.
99PIRATEFAN Wrote:It would a great story if Phelps could beat SV and I’m rooting for Phelps but I don’t think it’s a good match up for them but I’m hoping Phelps in a close one.

I dont know anything about the Hornets, but I would love too see them beat SV...I don't follow high school basketball close at all and didn't even know the Hornets were in the regional tourney until I saw the bracket. Looks like a wide open tourney this year and any of the 8 teams could realistically win it...gotta love the parity.
Hambley Wrote:The only team that has the size to beat Martin Co. is Pikeville. Have beat them on a neutral floor already this year. Should be a great tournament. Don’t count the Panthers out.

What size does Pikeville have? Honest question, haven’t seen them play and I know nothing about them.
Samons is a good size kid and is usually a good scorer like Potter at SV and Fugate at Paintsville when no one is guarding them however when they get guarded they melt down and just appear to be a average player.
I’m not sure what will happen but there’s a lot of good teams in the 15th region and even more talented players. The MC gym was full with fans of a lot of teams. There was excitement but a sense of sadness too.At least where we all were sitting. Good Luck 15th region!
Pages: 1 2