Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South Laurel 54 Corbin 51
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final 50th district championship
Coach P had his team ready up 7 with 3 minutes just turned the ball over late. These are the two best coaches in the region and would not surprise me if they don't play in the region finales.
Congratulations!! South Laurel :Cheerlead Dang Corbin looking good
After Corbin blew out WBurg, I knew this would be a tough game. Cromer double teamed all night seemed like.

Hate to be one if the district champs playing Corbin first round next week
Knox , Harlan Co or Clay fixing to draw a bear of a first round game with the Redhounds. With Knox , Harlan Co or South drawing North as well. Going to be a heck of a region tourney.
Coach P. is the best coach in the region. He can coach talent as well as get more out of what should be less talented teams. He will have his team ready again next week and be a hard out for someone!
Olred Wrote:Coach P. is the best coach in the region. He can coach talent as well as get more out of what should be less talented teams. He will have his team ready again next week and be a hard out for someone!

Yes. Great coach great guy.
First south win over corbin in football in 70 years
Tony really wanted to win that game. I watched tony coach since he started coaching and have never seen him so animated during a game
I don’t think Cromer was double teamed. Stewart boy, I believe an 8th grader, was on him all night except when he was out in the first half with 2 fouls. Went to watch South by was glad I got to see Corbin play.
Olred Wrote:Coach P. is the best coach in the region. He can coach talent as well as get more out of what should be less talented teams. He will have his team ready again next week and be a hard out for someone!

Yea, Tony P. does a nice job. He's the dean of coaches in the 13th. Nobody active has been at their school longer than him. The Hounds play to win. N. Laurel had a young coach, B Sizemore that won back to back 49th Districts and runner up in the 13th. They let him slip away to Bell I believe. I don't blame him for leaving, I've heard the political water gets pretty deep over at Laurel.
Willow13 Wrote:I don’t think Cromer was double teamed. Stewart boy, I believe an 8th grader, was on him all night except when he was out in the first half with 2 fouls. Went to watch South by was glad I got to see Corbin play.
. Corbin played man on three kids. Played a 1-1 zone with Taylor and their big. Any time Cromer or Anders or norvell got the ball it was an immediate double team coming from Taylor at top of 1-1 zone. which is the same defense north ran last year vs south. I figured that’s what tony would use. He done it some at south but didn’t at all at corbin. Saving it.