Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Phelps 66 Belfry 57 (60th district championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Phelps just isn't getting the buzz they deserve. They have arguably one the top 3 or 4 players in the region in Trey Francis. Next week is a great opportunity for Francis to get his name out there around the state if Phelps can make a run at the region championship.

Congrats Hornets!
His name is already out there. He also got 15 th region runner up player of the year. Missed POY by 2 points.
HORNET POWER Wrote:His name is already out there. He also got 15 th region runner up player of the year. Missed POY by 2 points.

Outside of the 15th region, maybe even Pike County, there's little to no awareness of who he is to the common fan. That's my point.
He’s got several schools looking @ him in & out of state.
Phelps should enjoy this run they are on cause after this year they won’t have much coming back esp in the district Belfry and Pike Central are young. The future doesn’t look good for the Hornets...
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Outside of the 15th region, maybe even Pike County, there's little to no awareness of who he is to the common fan. That's my point.

You are correct. I live in 14th region territory, and I've never heard of him except for what I read on here.
Congrats to Phelps....

I'd love to see a Phelps vs. Martin County regional championship game.
HORNET POWER Wrote:He’s got several schools looking @ him in & out of state.

That’s good to hear.

I’m surprised he doesn’t have any highlights up on Hudl or YouTube. Makes a big difference for these kids
in recruiting because a lot of these smaller colleges rely on these videos to find out whether these kids have the attributes they’re looking for before they invest themselves fully.
Phelps will be alright they return Dom Francis,Landon Dotson,Seth Mayhorn. 2 guards that were great shooters in jr high & done well on JV this year. Just have to see. Hopefully Belfry won’t display the poor sportsmanship they did last night but heard they will have a different head coach come next year.
Big Respect to Trey Francis from this Pike Countian! Go Phelps!
HORNET POWER Wrote:Phelps will be alright they return Dom Francis,Landon Dotson,Seth Mayhorn. 2 guards that were great shooters in jr high & done well on JV this year. Just have to see. Hopefully Belfry won’t display the poor sportsmanship they did last night but heard they will have a different head coach come next year.

Do you care to elaborate on the poor sportsmanship? I’m sure you can without calling out individual kids of course.
Belfry student section for one. During the girls game a deputy sheriff went over and told the pike central student section they had to be off the floor & in the bleachers with they complied. They pointed to the Belfry side he walked back over,looked down the side lines sat back in his chair. 2 deputies went over during the boys game they ignored them. When it was obvious Phelps was going to win one of the Belfry players punched Trey Francis in the ribs. What else you want to know?
HORNET POWER Wrote:Belfry student section for one. During the girls game a deputy sheriff went over and told the pike central student section they had to be off the floor & in the bleachers with they complied. They pointed to the Belfry side he walked back over,looked down the side lines sat back in his chair. 2 deputies went over during the boys game they ignored them. When it was obvious Phelps was going to win one of the Belfry players punched Trey Francis in the ribs. What else you want to know?

Is there video of this? Seems hard for me to believe that something like this happened and not a uproar had been said about it. People would’ve been talking about this like crazy.