Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry Central vs Hazard (2/28) District Championship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Perry pulls away from Buckhorn late after The Horn rallied from 23 down to cut it to 6.

That sets up Perry vs Hazard pt. 3

They’ve had two classics this year with both teams winning one on the road.

What do you guys think about this one?
I hate saying this but I’m pulling for Hazard........by 3
zaga_fan Wrote:Perry pulls away from Buckhorn late after The Horn rallied from 23 down to cut it to 6.

That sets up Perry vs Hazard pt. 3

They’ve had two classics this year with both teams winning one on the road.

What do you guys think about this one?
one of the worst officiated games I’ve seen all year. Perry went up by 23 and almost all calls went against perry from then on out. The technical foul for slapping the backboard was terrible along with the two intentional fouls buckhorn got away with.
Got to go with Perry on this one 😏
this is a tough one. i think both teams are playing great ball at this point, just gonna go with my gut and say Hazard by 4
hitter Wrote:one of the worst officiated games I’ve seen all year. Perry went up by 23 and almost all calls went against perry from then on out. The technical foul for slapping the backboard was terrible along with the two intentional fouls buckhorn got away with.

The rule is you cannot slap the backboard while not making a play on the ball. That’s why the technical was called.
Hazard is playing at a high level right now, the Dawgs continue the roll, win over PCC 56-50
Basketball Man Wrote:The rule is you cannot slap the backboard while not making a play on the ball. That’s why the technical was called.

I think you could make a case he was making a play on the ball. He was in the air defending a shot. He was pretty far off the mark and I think that’s why it was called.

However, I think when the Wildcats put Reed into the wall early in the game was an opportunity to clean this one up that officials missed. I love a good physical game, but I can do without all the talking.
zaga_fan Wrote:I think you could make a case he was making a play on the ball. He was in the air defending a shot. He was pretty far off the mark and I think that’s why it was called.

However, I think when the Wildcats put Reed into the wall early in the game was an opportunity to clean this one up that officials missed. I love a good physical game, but I can do without all the talking.

That game, just like the Hazard Perry game, will always have that IMO
Officials also missed a reed lowering his shoulder running full speed putting bowling on the ground hard it’s a typical buckhorn and Perry game gonna be physical from both sides
Basketball Man Wrote:That game, just like the Hazard Perry game, will always have that IMO

I think there’s a lot less talking between Hazard and Perry.

To me, Perry and Buckhorn is the most heated rivalry in the 14th.
zaga_fan Wrote:I think there’s a lot less talking between Hazard and Perry.

I agree with that for sure
I look for another thriller that's gonna come down to whoever has the ball last yet again
Basketball Man Wrote:The rule is you cannot slap the backboard while not making a play on the ball. That’s why the technical was called.

He was attempting to make a play on the ball but the buckhorn player shot a reverse so i don’t agree with the technical. Not to mention the two intentional fouls that were not called
CatsFan2.0 Wrote:Officials also missed a reed lowering his shoulder running full speed putting bowling on the ground hard it’s a typical buckhorn and Perry game gonna be physical from both sides

Reed was going after a loose ball and so was bowling. Reed came to a dead stop and bowling didn’t until he and reed collided.
zaga_fan Wrote:I think there’s a lot less talking between Hazard and Perry.

I respectfully disagree. PCC/Hazard has always been heated, going back to the M.C. Napier days. Hell, they just had an all out brawl in a girls soccer game last year.
Hazard wins by a nose 56-54, Logan Hall comes up big in this game, as Perry will miss Brock and his athleticism in this game. Dawgs roll into the region the clear #1 !!!
Easy Wind Wrote:I respectfully disagree. PCC/Hazard has always been heated, going back to the M.C. Napier days. Hell, they just had an all out brawl in a girls soccer game last year.

Last time Perry and Hazard played both fan sections got together and took pictures at half court before the game.

A few minutes into this one the Wildcats had put Deandre Reed into a wall.
Regardless of who is the biggest rivalry in the district or region, this game should be a dandy. I bleed red and black and believe my Commodores will pull it out, but it won't be easy. I think it will go down to the wire and will be a repeat of what we have seen earlier in the season. I have much respect for Hazard and Coach Holland. He has his team programmed and they execute well. Perry plays harder than any team in the region. Much of Perry's success or failure depends on how smart they play. How well can we stay out of foul trouble? Can we rise above the hype? Can we defend the post? All questions will be answered at the Nixon Center tonight at 7 p.m. I will be there. Go Commodores. Perry by 3.
hitter Wrote:Reed was going after a loose ball and so was bowling. Reed came to a dead stop and bowling didn’t until he and reed collided.

Bowling was almost at a stand still when the collision happend don’t believe it was intentional still believe something should’ve been called just goes with the physicality when they play each other