Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan 67 Middlesboro 65 - OT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hard to believe nobody has started a thread on this game last night. It had to be the game of the night in the 13th region district tourney play. Highlights below.

1. Jordan Akal takes over in OT scoring 11 points to finish with 33
2. Trey Brock and Jabari Kyle combined to shoot 9 for 14 from behind the 3 point line to lead the Jackets with 25 and 19 points respectively.
3. Harlan was up 6 with a little over a minute left and Middlesboro made the plays to get the game to OT
4. Both teams played their hearts out and provided the fans at HC gym with an amazing show of determination and will to win.

Hats off to both teams and coaches (Derek Akal and Lewis Morris)
Disappointing, go 20-9 and get beat 1st round of district. Move on to baseball train wreck.
CrazyZebra, friendly reminder that Middlesboro’s record was better than Harlan’s. Just saying, records don’t matter.
Out of 20 wins only 1 impressive North Laurel.
So, people aren’t happy with a 20 win cupcake schedule and aren’t happy with a subpar win extremely tough schedule. I guess some people just aren’t happy.
Not with Bell County basketball for sometime. Losing first round either way is nothing to settle for. Their is another option , win with a competitive schedule. Wait that make way to much sense.
Xerxes Wrote:Out of 20 wins only 1 impressive North Laurel.
Mboro had many good wins, they beat both HC and Harlan once and one big reason Harlan had a losing record was they played several games without Akal due to injury and also a Very good schedule.
Yep, something like 1-7 without Akal...
I said sometimes they matter! Are you saying they never do?
I was saying Harlan's record is a little deceptive due to the injury. I don't know if the records mean a lot, but the team with better record does usually win at this point of the season as we saw in the district tournaments.
Crazy Zebra Wrote:I said sometimes they matter! Are you saying they never do?

Just saying anything can happen in one game. Nobody thought Henry Clay would go down in the first round of their district tournament. That’s the beauty of it. It’s all good, just giving you a hard time. 😁
Sounded like a great game, congrats to Harlan.
Your right, anything can happen! Should be some good games tonight!