Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Frederick Douglas 108 #7 Henry Clay 104 Final
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
#7 Henry Clay goes down to Douglas! Wow!
It was a heck of a game. Frederick Douglass gave Henry Clay their first loss of the year on opening night and gave them their last loss of the season. Clay was lead by Mr. Basketball candidate Marques Warrick with 48 points and 10 rebounds. Douglass was lead by junior DeShaun Jackson with 43 points and 15 rebounds.
Wow that’s a lot of points
Wow big shock. Good job FD
16BBall Fan Wrote:It was a heck of a game. Frederick Douglass gave Henry Clay their first loss of the year on opening night and gave them their last loss of the season. Clay was lead by Mr. Basketball candidate Marques Warrick with 48 points and 10 rebounds. Douglass was lead by junior DeShaun Jackson with 43 points and 15 rebounds.

I bet that was a great game to have seen!
well the 11th just became a boring region with this loss
Frederick Douglass gave Henry Clay their first loss of the year on opening night and now they gave them their last loss of the season. It was one of the two best games I've seen in my 45+ years of playing, coaching, and watching basketball.
cadets1988 Wrote:well the 11th just became a boring region with this loss

Agree with this, worse 11th region I seen in a long time, most times if you when the 11th you have a shot at the title, just do not see that happening this year. Could be wrong
Wow what a game and hat's off to Warrick and Jackson. 💪💪
I took Lexington Catholic in the 11th but nothing would surprise me. This may be the year that someone like Tates Creek or Frederick Douglass goes.

In what limited play I saw, I thought Henry Clay took ill-advised shots a bit too often. Not trying to knock their coaching because I think Brown does a good job.

In some respects I think that they had a conundrum where it was tough to play all of their most talented kids together because their skillsets didn't really blend well. Very talented individually and not selfish, just lots of smaller guards that brought the same things to the table while some of their size might have been better suited in a more physical, deliberate tempo. They obviously had talent but you could see some holes in any of their lineups and the style you'd think they'd try to use and could visualize how teams would probably try to attack them in those.
Who wins the 11th region?
I say LEXINGTON CATHOLIC
Congrats to Douglas on the win in a shoot out! 108 to 104 was there ANY Defense played in this one? Sounds like an AAU game score. Did they go into an overtime or two?
Two overtime’s.
Blue_Bird96 Wrote:Congrats to Douglas on the win in a shoot out! 108 to 104 was there ANY Defense played in this one? Sounds like an AAU game score. Did they go into an overtime or two?

There is no defense in high scoring games is a gross misconception. It has more to do with tempo and playing style than lack of defense. Points per possession is a much better indicator of defensive efficiency.
JokersWild24 Wrote:I took Lexington Catholic in the 11th but nothing would surprise me. This may be the year that someone like Tates Creek or Frederick Douglass goes.

In what limited play I saw, I thought Henry Clay took ill-advised shots a bit too often. Not trying to knock their coaching because I think Brown does a good job.

In some respects I think that they had a conundrum where it was tough to play all of their most talented kids together because their skillsets didn't really blend well. Very talented individually and not selfish, just lots of smaller guards that brought the same things to the table while some of their size might have been better suited in a more physical, deliberate tempo. They obviously had talent but you could see some holes in any of their lineups and the style you'd think they'd try to use and could visualize how teams would probably try to attack them in those.

I really like Daniel Brown and really feel for him. He has had more great teams and more great players than any coach in the state that has never won a regional championship.